[MOD] (Alpha 4F) Mechanoid Turrets v0.93

Started by ItchyFlea, June 02, 2014, 12:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Mechanoid Turrets v0.93

Description:
Disassemble mechanoids to recover undamaged parts of their weapons and turn them into turrets. A great late-game defence against pesky tribal raiders and other mechanoids.

Features:
  • Ability to disassemble most mechanoids to recover their weapons to improve the basic turret with better weaponry.
  • Ability to train crafting skill at the machining table.
Mod Team:
Download:
How to use:
  • Research the machining table and defeat a mechanoid.
  • Depending on the weapon they used, create a bill on the machining table to disassemble that particular mechanoid. (There are 3 types.)
  • You can acquire up to 3 weapons parts per mechanoid depending on your crafting skill.
  •    Basic disassembly will provide just 1 part, Advanced will provide 2 and Intricate will provide 3.
  • Training works in a similar way. Basic training will give you just 20xp. Advanced will give 80xp and Intricate will give 200xp.
  •    Training costs 1 metal, and produces a 1 metal product, effectively making it free.
Notes:
  • Special thanks to Haplo for providing .xml code to fix a crafting bug.
  • I will maintain & update this until someone offers to take over development. Wish to take over development? Send me a PM. :)
Video:
Changelog:
v0.93:
  • Added Mech Metal and added it to resource cost of Mechanoid Turrets. (You gain it from dead mechs based on crafting skill, like weapon parts.)
v0.91b:
  • Fixed a bug. Weapon parts should no longer drop from orbit.
v0.91:
  • Changed size from 1x1 to 2x2.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Evmeister

Psyckosama

Quote from: Evmeister on June 02, 2014, 01:05:25 PM
That was fast! Awesome job Itchy!

As a balance I'd suggest making the bases 2x2...

Bigger guns. I also had an idea of my own I've been considering. Making it so EVERY turret needs a scavenged mechanoid brain to work

Austupaio

JonoRig

I agree, but mainly because I miss the original 2x2 turret, aesthetically speaking

Nantlais

Awesome mod, started up a new game with this mod installed and had about 230 inferno cannons drop from orbit. Intended?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Nantlais on June 03, 2014, 06:07:57 AM
Awesome mod, started up a new game with this mod installed and had about 230 inferno cannons drop from orbit. Intended?
Definitely not.

But now that you've got them.... Have fun. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Nantlais on June 03, 2014, 06:07:57 AM
Yeah....
have fun with that.  :P
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Cala13er

Itchy, are you able to delete your poll? Seeing as you're a global moderator. I can't delete my poll on industrial rim.

Evul

Suggestion :)
A Mechanized randomly drop of between 0-3 parts.
0 parts: 30%
1 parts: 40%
2 parts: 20%
3 parts: 10%

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Cala13er on June 03, 2014, 06:46:12 AM
Itchy, are you able to delete your poll? Seeing as you're a global moderator. I can't delete my poll on industrial rim.
There's a button there for it so I assume I can.

Cala13er

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 03, 2014, 07:09:17 AM
Quote from: Cala13er on June 03, 2014, 06:46:12 AM
There's a button there for it so I assume I can.

Well is it alright if I can ask you to remove mine when I need it removing? seeing as I don't get this button.

madpluck

Oh NO! That was my favourite bug evar hahaha. 250 Chargeblaster parts dropping from orbit :P

LuciferNZ

Quote from: Evul on June 03, 2014, 07:06:30 AM

Thats my exact number request too ;)

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Cala13er on June 03, 2014, 07:58:37 AM
Well is it alright if I can ask you to remove mine when I need it removing? seeing as I don't get this button.
Sure.
Quote from: LuciferNZ on June 03, 2014, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: Evul on June 03, 2014, 07:06:30 AM

Thats my exact number request too ;)
I've been giving this some thought, as it's a good idea. Personally I don't like the idea of the parts being dropped on death as I feel that the weapons are physically a part of the mechanoid body and therefore need to be removed via the machining table. Having said that, I can think of an interesting way to implement this while still using the machining table...