[B18] Map edges & enemies spawn points

Started by chiyz, December 16, 2017, 04:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiyz

Hi there everyone!
I've been always building my base in the very middle of the map and the question is: If I will actually build a base like 3-5 squares from the
map border, does raids are going to still spawn there? Is there some kind of minimum distance that must be met between Base <-> Raid to spawn?

Limdood

1) there is a minimum distance from the map edge you can build...it is much larger than 3-5 tiles...more like 12-15.

2) enemies can and will still spawn there.  a base built nearer to one edge than another will have reduced warning in some directions, and increased warning in others.

Canute

As someone who build his base mosttimes at the edges of the map, i can confirm that this don't protect you from spawning an incident there.
Thats why these 10 tiles wide border exist.

If you want a raid free side, you need to settle at the mountains and build into the mountain or coast and use a bridge/terraform mod to build on the water.

chiyz

mrm

I have my base in bottom left corner of the map, there's also a road which ends on my map which runs from top to the middle. All the raids spawns on top on that road and moves down to my base. None of them spawned around my base or even in other parts of the map. Maybe pirates chose to travel on the road because its faster, so they spawn on the road? And if the road ends on my map, they spawn in the same spot? Maybe this can be used as an exploit? Or i was just very lucky?

Razbari

I was curious about this as well, I normally don't bulid very close to the edge, but my current colony that I'm doing a LP with is pretty damn close to the top edge of the map and I'm worried that I'll get a raid that spawns right outside of my base. So far nothing like that has happened yet though. But if it does, oh well good content right?

Dashthechinchilla

In any 4 sided map, the enemies will still spawn from 3 to 5 points, in my experience. There is also a difference between the maps chosen edge spawns and when enemies drop in on the map.

mrm

Forgot about i wrote yesterday. Right after sending the post i got raided 2 times in a row from the new spot near my base. But for the whole two years all the raids spawned on that road.

My base is in the corner because... mountains :)