Bug: cannot queue action on a sleeping colonist (B18)

Started by Vuelhering, January 15, 2018, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vuelhering

The queued action simply disappears when shift-right-clicking something you want them to do when they wake.

Vlad0mi3r

I think this is WAD. There would be lots of ticks between giving that order and it being carried out.

I know I have tried it but I think is fair to wait until they wake up to be bossing them around.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

malloc

If it is intended it should not show the action as being queued.  That gives the player the impression it will be done when in reality it will be discarded.

Vuelhering

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 16, 2018, 12:44:54 AM
I think this is WAD. There would be lots of ticks between giving that order and it being carried out.

I know I have tried it but I think is fair to wait until they wake up to be bossing them around.
There could be lots of ticks, but there are lots of ticks cutting down a tree.

The queuing system should queue things. In this case, exactly what you said: wait until they wake up to be bossing them around. It's not an order until they complete what they're doing, which is sleeping.

I'm pretty sure that is not working as intended. (what does WAD mean?)

Canute

Sleeping isn't a simple task. And the job manager can't know how it is finished. Serveral factor can extend the sleeping, like restricted time, bad or good beds.
Thats prolly why you can't queue any taks after sleeping.

Vuelhering

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2018, 04:17:35 AM
Sleeping isn't a simple task.
I personally don't know how the scheduler works, although I've written schedulers myself in the past. And I'm pretty sure sleeping is not particularly complex compared to other tasks. It basically has one variable to check: rested state. It doesn't even update mood or have to drop items or something when completed. So I'm not sure why you think it's complex.

I'm just reporting a bug that will hopefully be fixed in 1.0. I'm reporting everything I find that does not appear to be correct.

Do you have independent confirmation from a dev on anything? Otherwise it's just speculation, right? Do you disagree it's a bug, complex or not?

Calahan

There's a report on the Mantis regarding this issue https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=3168 . Which is a good indication that this is a bug.