[MOD] (Alpha 5C) Stackable Meals v1.2

Started by PunisheR007, June 05, 2014, 05:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunisheR007

STACKABLE MEALS v1.2

FEATURES:- Makes all meals stackable (5 Per Stack),
and all meals last as long as the survival meals.

This work is licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tuvka

PunisheR007

Quote from: Tuvka on June 05, 2014, 05:49:16 AM
thank you so much :)
You're most welcome  ;).
I really thought the game needed stackable meals, so they would not take up so much space, or needing any other storage method. Just stacking straight into stockpile zones.
I may raise the limit, if i get enough people that would like larger stacks.

Tuvka

25 is ideal, for example, you can even reduce to 10-15

PunisheR007

Quote from: Tuvka on June 05, 2014, 06:21:04 AM
25 is ideal, for example, you can even reduce to 10-15
Yeah i thought 25 would be plenty, when i get a little more feedback
i will decide either to leave it or change it :).

insanevizir

In Alpha 3, I reduced the stacks to 5, cuz I realized some colonists ended up eating raw food (even when i had 20 meals stacked) becouse 2 or more had the need for food at same time, so the first to get there interacted with the stack of meals and the other(s) changed their actions to look for raw food. Stacking 5, i'd have 4 options for colonists to get at same time.
Nice mod, btw. Easy to change if needed to.

PunisheR007

TheNakedM24Man

good work, i like to use this with the rations

murlocdummy

One real problem with meal stacking is the spoiling of the entire stack.  There needs to be a way to either make non-spoiling meals or modify the spoiling parameter with each new stacked meal.

PunisheR007

Quote from: murlocdummy on July 06, 2014, 06:21:44 AM
One real problem with meal stacking is the spoiling of the entire stack.  There needs to be a way to either make non-spoiling meals or modify the spoiling parameter with each new stacked meal.
What i wil do is reduce the stack amount down to say 5 - 10, which should make it alot better.
I'll make another version of the mod which will be the same but with no spoil time on the meals.
for those who wish to not have them :)
Cheers

PunisheR007

New version is up :), should be alot better with 5 per stack and all meals last as long as the survival meals,
which should eliminate most problems with spoiling meals.

murlocdummy

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM
New version is up :), should be alot better with 5 per stack and all meals last as long as the survival meals,

Actually, I was thinking of making a new kind of meal that doesn't spoil or doesn't spoil as fast.  This should work as a stop-gap measure until the maker of More-Edibles! decides to make a new update.  Thanks, PunisheR007!

nuschler22

Is there a way to let the player choose how many meals can be stacked (ex. 10 instead of 25)?

An issue I'm having is that if more than one colonist (and some times 2 when there is more than 25 meals) tries to get a meal at the same time, that player will choose raw food because the colonist thinks that a meal isn't available.

If there were fewer meals (ie 5 or 10), there would be more groups available.

:)

nuschler22

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Lol.  Nevermind.  I just found this post.  Thank you!

JKTD1919

I just wish multiple colonists could interact with the same stack at the same time. So difficult to keep them from eating raw food.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.