[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien Hart

Quote from: smitj045 on August 23, 2014, 06:23:39 AM
You sure Damien? I'm getting shredded and blown off limbs, no misc here.

That's strange, because I tested it and worked out that it was this, then added in the appropriate lines to the XML and it solved the issue.

Maybe you have another mod with the A6 defs later in your load order.

PunisheR007

Quote from: Damien Hart on August 23, 2014, 07:58:54 AM

That's strange, because I tested it and worked out that it was this, then added in the appropriate lines to the XML and it solved the issue.

I havn't looked into the base damage file for a while, i'll get that fixed and updated first thing in the morning.
Cheers for the heads up Damien. :)

PunisheR007

New update for download, i updated the base damage file, so now all damage should show as normal and not misc.

Cheers!! :)

Bruvvy

Gabriel_Braun

Is that going to affect how rounds hurt people Punisher?  I've not really looked into the health system bar when we were testing making sure all the spelling was right haha.  I'm only asking because I'm wondering if there can be different types now like fragmentation artillery etc instead of just bomb, flame and bullet?

Damien Hart

Quote from: PunisheR007 on August 23, 2014, 11:27:00 AM
Quote from: Damien Hart on August 23, 2014, 07:58:54 AM

I havn't looked into the base damage file for a while, i'll get that fixed and updated first thing in the morning.
Cheers for the heads up Damien. :)

No worries. The misc injuries were driving me towards a mental break anyway, so I figured I'd take a look.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

PunisheR007

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on August 24, 2014, 03:40:15 AM
Is that going to affect how rounds hurt people Punisher?  I've not really looked into the health system bar when we were testing making sure all the spelling was right haha.  I'm only asking because I'm wondering if there can be different types now like fragmentation artillery etc instead of just bomb, flame and bullet?

I don't think it will affect how the rounds hurt pawns, i really do hope more damage types do get added, fingers xsed. :)

Quote from: Bruvvy on August 23, 2014, 11:46:40 PM
Thanks for making this!

You're welcome :)

IWannaChaos

Would keeping the artillery in this mod from firing on targets in a home region require a plugin? Some raiders dropped on top of my colony and they got owned badly - along with a couple of my solar panels and some potato plants. The MRL caused a bigger fire than the raiders would have if they all had Molotovs xp.

Anyways, unmanned and accurate mortars are extremely useful and the MRL is like some invention from hell O_O. (I mean that in a good way.)

PunisheR007

Quote from: IWannaChaos on September 01, 2014, 12:20:34 AM
Would keeping the artillery in this mod from firing on targets in a home region require a plugin? Some raiders dropped on top of my colony and they got owned badly - along with a couple of my solar panels and some potato plants. The MRL caused a bigger fire than the raiders would have if they all had Molotovs xp.

Anyways, unmanned and accurate mortars are extremely useful and the MRL is like some invention from hell O_O. (I mean that in a good way.)

That would require a bit of extra coding, in a .dll, i wish i knew c# :P. But you never know whats on the horizon :).

Cheers!!!

Jaxxa

Until then might I suggest keeping them powered down until you need them.

IWannaChaos

Quote from: jaxxa on September 01, 2014, 01:49:12 AM
Until then might I suggest keeping them powered down until you need them.
That's what I started doing after that incident.

Gabriel_Braun

Quote from: PunisheR007 on August 25, 2014, 03:34:17 AM
I don't think it will affect how the rounds hurt pawns, i really do hope more damage types do get added, fingers xsed. :)

Looks like someone already managed it!  Check out ZestyLemons' better guns mod prototype:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5193.0

Seems adding damage types and their specific effects like that could lead to some pretty awful combinations like perhaps:

Flesh-shredding flak that causes immense lacerations and pain but little long-term damage if the bleeding is stopped.

Concussive artillery that never causes bleeding and usually stuns the victim rather than doing serious physical trauma but with a very high chance of long-term damage similar to shellshock and probably starving to death while blind and deaf

You know, that sort of thing  ;D

PunisheR007

i never learned how to c++ code and make .dll files, if i knew my mods would be so much better lol.
i did have a look ZestyLemons mod and it looks very nice, i just wish i knew a bit more about c++, you never know, i might just have to go learn it. But at the moment i have my hands tied with working as a scaffolder and updating my mods using the xml format that Tynan has defined.
Cheers Gabriel!!!

Iwillbenicetou

I might be able to help you. Only when I learn it. But I will be taking a sort of "class" so I will help you when I finish.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!