[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunisheR007

Quote from: LittleMikey on June 09, 2014, 08:50:26 AM
So I had raiders land in the middle of my base, and my Artillery that I positioned towards the rear decided it would be a great idea to shoot up my base, in the process killing two of my colonists and destroying the wall to my prison letting all my prisoners out. 10/10 would use again.

On a more serious note, the Artillery seems overpowered to me. In my opinion it fires too fast. Also would it be possible to set a minimum range on it, or is that not possible currently?

I can make it less op np's, i'll make an update for tomorrow :), i'll probably end up doing 2 versions, 1 balanced version and an op version.
Currently atm it is not possible to set a minimum range, only an overall range.

LittleMikey

Quote from: PunisheR007 on June 09, 2014, 10:34:37 AM
Quote from: LittleMikey on June 09, 2014, 08:50:26 AM
So I had raiders land in the middle of my base, and my Artillery that I positioned towards the rear decided it would be a great idea to shoot up my base, in the process killing two of my colonists and destroying the wall to my prison letting all my prisoners out. 10/10 would use again.

On a more serious note, the Artillery seems overpowered to me. In my opinion it fires too fast. Also would it be possible to set a minimum range on it, or is that not possible currently?

I can make it less op np's, i'll make an update for tomorrow :), i'll probably end up doing 2 versions, 1 balanced version and an op version.
Currently atm it is not possible to set a minimum range, only an overall range.

Awesome ^_^

Personally I would make the fire rate once every 6 seconds or so, make it fire real slow like a real howitzer. Also, if you can't make it physically use shells until Alpha 5, perhaps you could make the recipe cost shells?

PunisheR007

Made a few changes :) v1.5 released Enjoy!!!

haint

this is great, except it usually destroys itself after the first volley.  the first volley usually hits (and kills) the single fastest raider who is leading the charge, but by the time it's ready for another round, the raiders are all standing around it in a circle and that is where it fires its shots, into itself.
"Whoa"

PunisheR007

Since the cannon is slow firing atm, i will turn up the accuracy a bit.
I'll release the op version today, for people who want to have a laugh lol.
The op version will be very fast firing rate.

PunisheR007

Did a bit of cleanup and made a couple of changes enjoy :)

LittleMikey

Fire rate feels much better now ^_^

I had a raider attack while some friendly villagers were in my town. The villagers went out to engage the bandits, and the splash damage from the Artillery killed one of them and now the whole village hates me. Fun stuff :D

StormProxy

Quote from: LittleMikey on June 12, 2014, 05:11:55 AM
Fire rate feels much better now ^_^

I had a raider attack while some friendly villagers were in my town. The villagers went out to engage the bandits, and the splash damage from the Artillery killed one of them and now the whole village hates me. Fun stuff :D
[/that shit happens when i get them to like me, they visit coloney gets raided everyone dies]

nuper fi

PunisheR007

SurvivoroftheNoobs

This mod would be the shit if the turrets had a range inwich they couldnt shoot if something got too close. I had 5 of them lined up and a raider got too close so all 5 shot him my colonists blew themselfs up.......

Olek

Quote from: SurvivoroftheNoobs on June 26, 2014, 10:33:15 PM
This mod would be the shit if the turrets had a range inwich they couldnt shoot if something got too close. I had 5 of them lined up and a raider got too close so all 5 shot him my colonists blew themselfs up.......

If you see something like that about to happen, just turn the artillery off by cutting it's power.

I have noticed that on the main page it states the damage is 60 or so, yet for some reason, when I get the giant maggots attack, and they have 600HP+ they can be destroyed by artillery with a single shot, is this because they take up several squares, therefor take damage for each square?

PunisheR007

TheNakedM24Man

PunisheR007

i noticed the display radius is not showing when placing the cannon, i have fixed that and will update it very soon.