Where do my furnitures face?

Started by Mufflamingo, January 28, 2018, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufflamingo

Hello? I just realized, I dont know where my furnitures are facing. Example is my dresser, idont know if it is facing east or west. Of course we can see if it is facing south since you can see the details on it but if its sideways I cant really tell sometimes and its confusing.

So it would be amazing if upon instaliing things, theres an arrow marker or something that shows the direction of the furniture.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Harry_Dicks

You can figure out which way it faces by understanding which way Q and E rotate things. If you would like to better understand, just try it with a chair. However, some modders get it backwards, and will have things rotating in the wrong direction. Functionally, I do not think anything will matter that does not have any interaction squares, or "viewing area" like TVs.

Mufflamingo

I dont really care abt function. Its just for aesthetic purposes.

Its weird there's a dresser facing the wall you know.  ;D
Bleeeee. . . . .

Bozobub

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 28, 2018, 05:15:01 AM
You can figure out which way it faces by understanding which way Q and E rotate things. If you would like to better understand, just try it with a chair. However, some modders get it backwards, and will have things rotating in the wrong direction. Functionally, I do not think anything will matter that does not have any interaction squares, or "viewing area" like TVs.
I think you're highly underestimating the strength of many players' OCD ^^'.
Thanks, belgord!

grrizo

Exactly, using "E" will rotate the furniture clockwise. So, if you have a dresser facing south (facing you, as for south), with "E" will face west. And so on.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Dashthechinchilla

My smith always sits in his chair backwards, because he is more awesome that way. Like a backwards baseball hat.

I agree though. Even though the facing dosent matter, I am ocd enough that it needs to face correctly. Same reason I don't put dressers against a bed because you won't be able to open the drawers.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Bozobub on January 28, 2018, 11:55:14 AM
I think you're highly underestimating the strength of many players' OCD ^^'.

I think not, because I even made a post on these forums a couple weeks ago asking which way the hopper was supposed to face, just for aesthetic reasons ;)

SzQ

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on January 28, 2018, 01:11:38 PM
Even though the facing dosent matter, I am ocd enough that it needs to face correctly. Same reason I don't put dressers against a bed because you won't be able to open the drawers.

Exactly! I Wonder if we can call it as some mental disorder.
Now imagine that Tynan is evil and all furnitures that don't seem to change when you roll them infact roll the other way!

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Injured Muffalo

I, for one, believe that a tool cabinet should have a front and a back!
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Injured Muffalo on January 29, 2018, 07:01:26 AM
I, for one, believe that a tool cabinet should have a front and a back!

It's the sides I'm worried about, man! The SIDES!

EDIT: Speaking of tool cabinets, here is a shameless self plug for a WIP mod that I will release in the next couple days, that adds 12 new "tool cabinet" like objects in total to your workshops, drug labs, kitchens, research centers, and breweries! Most work stations will receive around 30%-40% boost in work speed once they are connected to all of their possible add ons. Hopefully later on today I will get around to taking better screen shots and cleaning up the post as well ;) Artists needed!

Harry Dick's Add Ons https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38852.0