Harry Dickle's Fuzzy Pickle

Started by Harry_Dicks, February 24, 2018, 08:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Man

For colony leadership, any potential mod conflicts? Will be watching your thread.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mr_Man on February 25, 2018, 01:52:43 PM
For colony leadership, any potential mod conflicts? Will be watching your thread.

None so far after dozens and dozens of only a couple day long test games :P

Harry_Dicks

Also I honestly think Cold Desert Nights is the best mod out of all of the ones I have posted. It is absolutely insane how freaking awesome it is. Honestly, guys, try it out. You will not be disappointed. I promise! ;) AND it should be safe to add or remove from saves, the weather should reset to it's default values if you want to remove it.

If you really do want to remove it from a save game, you will get a red error the first time you load a save without it. Everything should be alright, and once you make a new save without the mod loaded, then you shouldn't get this red error anymore. Although I can't even imagine anyone who actually takes the time to fully appreciate how awesome of a mod it is could ever want to turn it off. This one is an absolute no questions asked must have for me. You can tell the author took his time and put in some really incredible work.

You want to have a regular desert during the day but have it super freezing at night? Sure. Want a milder desert day and milder night? Done. Want a Super hot day but only mild night? Alright!

You can also change ANY of RimWorld's weather chances to whatever you want. You can make it fog or rain or lightning storm as often as you want, AND even let them occur back to back! In vanilla RimWorld, most of the weather types can't occur back to back except for the milder ones, as far as I know. But for example I'm fairly certain that you can't even have rain back to back, let alone anything more than that. You can change what the maximum temperature difference will be between winter and summer. This means that if you want to play an arid shrubland that actually has pretty cold winters, and maybe even snows, you can! You never even have to change the world cell (via Prepare Landing!).

Other options include a setting that you can also change how extreme the cold snap and heat waves are. The mod was even future proofed to accept any new biome types, because you even have a drop down list to where you can customize all of these options for each biome! So you want different settings for your deserts versus extreme deserts is fine! Cold bogs versus boreal forests that works too!

I really can't imagine much else of what I would want out of a weather app. It's amazing. You can even make your arid shrublands actually have cold winters now, maybe even make it snow!

Mr_Man

Feedback for colony leadership: can "none" be an option for when you are selecting between government types?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Mr_Man on February 25, 2018, 02:48:08 PM
Feedback for colony leadership: can "none" be an option for when you are selecting between government types?

Not sure, but you could maybe choose dictatorship, choose a dictator, and then reset your leaders by turning on dev/god mode and opening the Leadership tab and experimenting with your new buttons.

Harry_Dicks

If anyone wants to make some textures for building add ons, then that would be really awesome. Things like a saw mill, a lathe, etc. I've made an add ons mod for pretty much all work stations to increase their efficiency. This was one of the first things I made for myself, and the post looks like crap. But I would like to finish it and release it. However, I have no textures, and everything I'm using right now are just placeholders. If anyone wants to remake any of the textures for it, or hell even new and/or different ones for something that seems like it would fit in that mod, then please, go for it.

Because the way I look at it, right now it's just going to sit in the WIP section and go to waste anyway over time. So if anyone cares to make the art for it, then we can release the mod, I'll give you full credits and links to your pages or anything you need. I can even go back in and improve the mods code by adding/removing/adjusting any add ons you can think of or do whatever we need to, to make the mod ready for a proper release.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38852.0

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 25, 2018, 03:26:41 AM
I believe these are both already updated to B18, as I use them myself! :) I just haven't actually tested out Razzle Dazzle ingame, just little test games but not the actual stages and stuff yet, but I would assume they are working.
I asked this elsewhere but did you try it on an existing save? Just saw someone comment the b17 version at least, shouldnt be added mid game due to work tab changes

RyanRim

Thanks for the colony leadership, now I'll have more democratic ways rather than cultists taking over everything. Sad about Puffins mods though, I also loved the recon and discovery, but I guess its hard to boot to B18. Gotta wait for a non-steam release for RazzleDazzle too, since I dont use Steam version :_:

Anyways I'll be turning in a list of outdated mods soon, since I still keep my A16 and A17 modlists and oh boy, these contain more names than Santa's list.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Kori

Thanks for updating so many mods! :)

Harry_Dicks

No problem guys, I hope you all enjoy!

I'll check the licenses when I get back, but if possible I'll put up the B18 versions of Razzle Dazzle and Rumors & Deception. ;D

larSyn

I have a request, Harry.  How about nanodalt's Pests mod?  Probably requires C#, but it would be awesome.  I loved that mod.  Also, giving Colony Leadership a shot.  Never tried it before, so thanks for the update!

Harry_Dicks

No problem friend! Unfortunately, I am not versed in C#, so I doubt I could be of much help to it. That mod really does look interesting!

I like all of Nandonalt's work, and I would ESPECIALLY love if a certain special someone would help get Snowy Trees to B18 like they said they might in the past :)

Harry_Dicks

B18 version of Rumours & Deception posted!

Updated the postings on my customized versions of FashionRIMsta and Modular Power Armor. The mods are meant to be able to go together, and the apparel layer levels have been adjusted so that I can more easily make proper outfits for my pawns. Apparel layer levels are also posted in the information screen so that this is no longer hidden to players. Also made power armor only take up the shell layer, instead of middle + shell.

Torann

Quite the repertoire of updates, Harry.  Nice work.