[MOD] (Alpha 5) Droids v0.5

Started by gertvv, June 08, 2014, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gertvv

Quote from: Fukara on July 07, 2014, 12:34:40 AM
Quote from: Skeggtroll on July 06, 2014, 07:59:01 PM
I might be doing something wrong, but my robot disappears right after it charges, and it gives me an error in a log...Any ideas?

You need to start a new game.

Yes, unfortunately the saves are not compatible with A4...

Roberius

The hauling droid very efficiently steals the metal off the droid construction table as my crafters are trying to build more parts :( was amusing at first watching the droid and my guy run back and forth, is now less so. Bit like tennis actually :P

Droids could use a manual shutdown switch?

ITOS

Quote from: Roberius on July 07, 2014, 05:17:13 AM
The hauling droid very efficiently steals the metal off the droid construction table as my crafters are trying to build more parts :( was amusing at first watching the droid and my guy run back and forth, is now less so. Bit like tennis actually :P

It also steals meals from colonists while they are eating. Funny at first too but when you colonist are starting to starve...

Made some adjustments to the textures of the cleaning robot. When I got it in game it turned out quite large. Not sure how RW scales graphics.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

gertvv

Thanks for reporting, hadn't noticed that happening!

gertvv

Quote from: ITOS on July 07, 2014, 05:26:07 AM
Made some adjustments to the textures of the cleaning robot. When I got it in game it turned out quite large. Not sure how RW scales graphics.

Yeah it handles things a bit strangely. IIRC how the items are scaled is different from the pawns too. Check how I did it for the other graphics, the inactive droid needs to be padded to a 3x3 grid I think.

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: gertvv on July 07, 2014, 03:48:32 AM
I might be doing something wrong, but my robot disappears right after it charges, and it gives me an error in a log...Any ideas?

I started a new game (0.5.492) with your 0.5 version and i got the same issue.
be water my friend!

Viceroy

Looks great!

Also off-topic, Heya Cdr. Keen! Nice seeing you here as well.
Dog goes moo!

gertvv

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on July 07, 2014, 09:41:44 AM
Quote from: gertvv on July 07, 2014, 03:48:32 AM

I started a new game (0.5.492) with your 0.5 version and i got the same issue.

OK, I will test this. What is the error you get in the log?

gertvv

Quote from: gertvv on July 07, 2014, 10:13:54 AM
OK, I will test this. What is the error you get in the log?

So far I've not been able to reproduce...

gertvv

Quote from: ITOS on July 07, 2014, 05:26:07 AM

ITOS, I have to say, the cleaning droid looks really nice in-game! I had to add some padding around the inactivated texture:

https://github.com/gertvv/rimworld-droids/commit/fe1244dc71bc4b376ccbf2d85277af79fc66b5b1

I will definitely package this up for 0.6 soon!

Psyckosama

gertvv, I just had an idea. In game they have a machining bench for the disassembling mechanoids.

Rather than having the droid assembly bench, why not just make it a function of existing equipment? Make droid assembly something you research to unlock on the existing bench.

letharion

Quote from: gertvv on July 07, 2014, 06:16:12 AM

The droid stealing items actually breaks my game.

When colonists are making food, the droid tries to reserve the food. This results in some sort of bug where the food becomes untouchable. Both colonists trying to cook and the droid trying to haul the food freeze at this, filling the log with errors, see screenshot.

Initially I was hoping that letting the droid run out of power would resolve the situation, but even with the droid disabled, the colonists freeze up and don't know how to handle the food.

The only way I find to resolve the stalemate is to remove the offending food stack thingDef from the savefile manually and reloading.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

letharion

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 08, 2014, 04:45:31 PM
gertvv, I just had an idea. In game they have a machining bench for the disassembling mechanoids.

Rather than having the droid assembly bench, why not just make it a function of existing equipment? Make droid assembly something you research to unlock on the existing bench.

I believe that was the intention, but didn't work. See:
Quote from: gertvv on June 08, 2014, 12:02:58 PM

• I would have liked to have the Droids built at the Machining table, but then I couldn't add the research requirement.

annihilatron

Quote from: letharion on July 08, 2014, 04:46:45 PM
Quote from: gertvv on July 07, 2014, 06:16:12 AM

The droid stealing items actually breaks my game.

When colonists are making food, the droid tries to reserve the food. This results in some sort of bug where the food becomes untouchable. Both colonists trying to cook and the droid trying to haul the food freeze at this, filling the log with errors, see screenshot.

Initially I was hoping that letting the droid run out of power would resolve the situation, but even with the droid disabled, the colonists freeze up and don't know how to handle the food.

The only way I find to resolve the stalemate is to remove the offending food stack thingDef from the savefile manually and reloading.

+1, the only way i've found to resolve it is to mark the item as forbidden, destroy all the droids, and unforbid. some saving / loading in between as well.

Also this makes the droids useless, since they interfere with work more than they do long distance hauling. Are they just ignoring colonist reservations on items when they haul?

letharion

Quote from: annihilatron on July 08, 2014, 08:38:47 PM
Also this makes the droids useless, since they interfere with work more than they do long distance hauling. Are they just ignoring colonist reservations on items when they haul?

It does appear like they ignore or override reservations, yes. The big problem I've found is specifically the cooking breaking though. So what I've tried is, keep the recharge stations off, build up a food reserve, turn the cooking stove off, power the droids and let them loose, and then turn the stove on again once foods goes low. By then the droids are out of power.

Far from ideal, but doesn't require save-game hacking.