[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Hjkma

Why PC research desk gives a base 250% to the research speed. At the same time, I am using vanilla high tech research tables and all the corresponding linkable from vanilla and mods, I can only get 200%. It's just wtf.

Chicken Plucker

GOOGLE DRIVE DOWNLOAD LINKS AND SUCH
14/01/20 Updates

Red Horse Furniture
FIB raids - Pawntype combat power (ticket cost) reduced significantly for less lag.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on January 02, 2020, 05:23:03 AM
Hm, true.
Maybe OHK Ausrüstung or Ausrüstung für den Orts- und Häuserkampf  ;D

Okay I think that's a lot less catchy so maybe not, also German

Quote from: BluealienWilson on January 03, 2020, 07:34:03 PM
I'm absolutely loving your mods so far! The factions especially add that bit of difficulty I was looking for with raids! Also, Gunny really shows no mercy on Crucible, god damn!  ;D

Also, this might sound oddly specific but since you've added a John Wick hair style do you think you could add in a few weapons based on the movies? I was going to make a John Wick themed solo scenario but I couldn't find a primary that he used (like the CA-415 or the Kel-Tec from the first movie for example). There is a Combat Master Glock 34 so that's all good though!

Hello there, due to Rimmu-Nation having too many weapons I am careful when it comes to adding any new firearm. The CE FT team and Sumghai already struggle to keep up so they're not fond of my face around their issue tracker page at github anymore.

Kel-Tec is already added in, labelled as "KSG"

The CA-415, since it's a lot like the HK416 and multiple other AR-family rifles, I may not add. I have seen a few complaints now and then that I add too much of the same weapon, or this or that. Really though John Wick would use any weapon he could get his hands on, I recommend the CQC mod but maybe it's a bit OP for you. It's supposed to add the Metal Gear Solid feature that lets you take down an opponent non-lethally, and having a John Wick pawntype do it makes it feel authentic

Quote from: Ink. on January 08, 2020, 01:23:14 PM
Hey CP, I'm sure you've been asked this before but I've never found the answer. Have you ever considered creating USEC or BEAR from Escape from Tarkov? Some of the equipment is in rimmu-nation but stuff like Killa's custom Maska helmet with the face shield and some of the clothing options.

Would be cool to run a colony of USEC operators with an enemy BEAR faction and use RealRuins as our battlegrounds lmao.

I have added it to the list. They have too much variety in middle wear which is what kills me, but it's one of those things in the back log.

My priority has shifted to my career in the Armed Forces at the moment, I've got 2 months left. After I pass basic maybe I'll have more time to return modding, better computer hopefully after I waste money on what I probably won't get to use much if I get sent to Iran (pls no war b0s) and yeah.

The other mods currently on top of the list is the ones I've planned before Tarkov stuff was suggested, but I'm thinking maybe add the Killa boss pawntype for the War Mongrels update. I'm not sure yet but I wanted his full outfit and not just the helmet.

Quote from: Hjkma on January 12, 2020, 05:25:29 PM
Why PC research desk gives a base 250% to the research speed. At the same time, I am using vanilla high tech research tables and all the corresponding linkable from vanilla and mods, I can only get 200%. It's just wtf.

Hi-tech research bench can give you ships and multi-analyser research, other vital end-game mod items even.

PC research desk though being that fast can only reach up to micoeletronics basics. It's supposed to be the internet, yes I can get blueprints and info that fast but I'm not gonna know how to build ships or charged weapons because that stuff isn't on the internet, but it's certainly not just a desk with books either.

That was my idea behind the modern equipment there, cause even with my helicopter mod on the PC Research desk becomes useless no matter how fast it is.

Hey all. I lost all my data again, and before someone named Canute or Madman or Sumghai comes to lecture me about paying for Google Drive which I can't afford or some other way to save data, I'm joining the Army soon and I'll buy a new PC that won't have a hard drive hanging out the back.

I didn't lose too much cause I saved all the DOOM stuff somewhere that I was working on, thankfully. I really have lost motivation to focus on mods. I was there at Christmas locked in my room doing updates, and I felt so alone even though it was my choice.

I still got complaints and found a ton of issues across all mods either me or other C# coders helping me have left, and all of that just annoys me. I can't even fix existing issues with the helicopter mod, I have to wait. Smash Phil offered to fix it to to SRTS standards and allow bomb runs.

I thank Jecrell, Ods, Dninemfive, Spdskatr, Mehni, Smash Phil, LimeTreeSnake, Viceroy, Pelador, Albion and many more people who have helped me with my mods. Guys I'm getting very weary of the maintenance. Something is always not working or something is off, and I have to run around and sort it out, or poke one of the coders to help me even though we all have something more important to do.

I cut the rant here. I got too personal. I'll just say that some people have forgotten that this just a game, and the mods aren't that important, and I am one of them. It's time for me to sort that out.

exegert

Thank you for all your hard work, CP. Your amazing mods are probably the main reason I played RimWorld for another 1000 hours.

rawrfisher

Finally upset the FBI and this is the end result.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Chicken Plucker

Hey guys just writing an announcement. I've been on a long break, sorting things out here and there till March 22. That's gonna be my date with the mud and waking up 5:00AM and running all day for the next year. I'm anticipating it.

Obviously this meant RimWorld modding has taken a hit, which isn't so bad since it should never be a priority. I have been better, mentally wise. I was stressed out to no end running around sorting out mods while having to balance this with real life since RimWorld was my go-to for forgetting everything else.

Anyways, I'm still laying low. Got a lot of things to focus on for now, my apologies but US Military Kit and other mods will have to be put in the back burner for a bit. I'll come back better than ever, new PC and more time in my hands, maybe more commission money (so long as I dont get carried away with spending again) and I believe by the end of 2020 all the mods that need updating from B18 will be up and running.

I could then move on to what I call the "WW3" expansion, which includes work from my bro Ods, he's got the Russian Military and Chinese Military uniforms in the works. I am yet to test Jecrell's code.

Once all is in order, maybe we can have the major factions warring and recruiting PMC factions at random.

inb4realWW3happensbeforeupdates

Quote from: exegert on January 15, 2020, 07:04:46 PM
Thank you for all your hard work, CP. Your amazing mods are probably the main reason I played RimWorld for another 1000 hours.

Hello, I thank you for enjoying the mods. My apologies for the late reply

Quote from: rawrfisher on January 20, 2020, 04:09:23 PM
Finally upset the FBI and this is the end result.

I don't think that's the FBI, I am waiting for dninemfive to sort out that error with normal sappers saying "No-knock raid" but the FBI is in proper FBI uniform and they use police weaponry

rawrfisher

I should have clicked on one of the pawns.  I'll make sure to do that next time they come visiting. 
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

sumghai

As always, thank you for the work you do, CP. My enjoyment of RimWorld would simply not be complete without your mods, even though I only use a small selection of them in my regular playthroughs, and I'm constantly playing catch-up with regards to CE patches.

Now, I'd like to share some good news:

Combat Extended: FastTrack Edition has just been updated to v1.0.1.8-FT-013
There are quite a lot of changes, but the relevant ones for Project Red Horse fans are:

• Added [CP] DOOM (1.0) patches
  • Added [CP] Metal Gear Solid (1.0) patches
  • Added [CP] Spec Ops - The Line (1.0) patches
  • Added [CP] The DOOM Kit - Classic (1.0) patches
  • Added [RH] Faction: Cordis Die (1.0) patches
  • Added WWII Soviet Faction (1.0) patches
  • Updated [CP] Red Horse Furniture patches with FBI pawns, apparel and weapons
  • Updated [RH] Faction: Elite Crew with Bomber pawn and RGD-5 thrown grenade
  • Updated [RH] Faction: Umbra Company (1.0) patches to include BTR-70 APC with KPV HMG
  • Renamed [RH] Faction: Last Man Mercs to [RH] Faction: Last Man Contingent, and completely overhauled the patches to include all the new pawns, apparels and weapons
  • Rebalanced weapon melee tools across all CP / RH / RN mods
  • Rebalanced and consolidated apparel patches across all CP / RH / RN mods
  • Rebalanced primary ammo magazine count and sidearm spawning for faction pawns across all CP / RH / RN mods
  • Modifications to the base CE code to support weapons that fire multiple barrels simultaneously (e.g. DOOM Super Shotgun)

With regards to pawn sidearms, CE and CE:FT's LoadoutPropertiesExtension class allows pawns to optionally carry secondary weapons like pistols and knives in addition to their main weapon, as well as the appropriate ammo. When pawns run out of ammo for their main weapon, they immediately switch to their backup - this is particularly useful for grenadier pawns, who are otherwise unarmed once they run out of grenades to throw/fire.

The latest CE:FT update already adds faction-appropriate sidearms to (most) pawns from the following mods:

• [CP] Metal Gear Solid (1.0)
  • [RH] Faction: Cordis Die (1.0)
  • [RH] Faction: Elite Crew
  • [RH] Faction: Last Man Contingent
  • [RH] Faction: Umbra Company (1.0)
CP, whenever you're free, could you please also add faction-appropriate pistols/revolvers to the following mods?:

• [CP] Red Horse Furniture - FBI, ANVIL and Freelance contractor factions
  • [CP] Spec Ops - The Line (1.0)
  • [RH] Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieres
  • [RH] Faction: Task Force 141
  • [RH] Faction: The Ghosts

Chicken Plucker

GOOGLE DRIVE DOWNLOAD LINKS AND SUCH
05/02/20 Updates

Rimmu-Nation: Weapons
- PKM and Zastava M84 Weapon Range Cooldown added

Last Man Contingent
- PKM Weapon Range Cooldown added

Task Force 141

Militaires Sans Frontieres

Not much time to talk, already burning through sleep time. Got complaint about PKM not having cooldown so I had to go see it to believe it. It's fixed in the latest updates for all the mods that use it.

Quote from: sumghai on January 26, 2020, 09:43:46 PM

CP, whenever you're free, could you please also add faction-appropriate pistols/revolvers to the following mods?:

• [CP] Red Horse Furniture - FBI, ANVIL and Freelance contractor factions
  • [CP] Spec Ops - The Line (1.0)
  • [RH] Faction: Militaires Sans Frontieres
  • [RH] Faction: Task Force 141
  • [RH] Faction: The Ghosts

Cheers all, and great work as always Sumghai.

Regarding the sidearms for the faction mods, I'd rather you use the vanilla handguns than go through the trouble of adding a new sidearm and making you have to patch it for every new faction I make. It'll be fine by me, and even playing with CE I'm not too bothered by it so long as it works.

I'm just weary of making updates myself lately since I have strongly considered retiring modding, due to the fact that it's been hard to deal with things outside of RimWorld and my circle of friends willing to help with coding has been reduced to almost nothing now.

See you guys next time.

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on February 04, 2020, 08:50:10 PMRegarding the sidearms for the faction mods, I'd rather you use the vanilla handguns than go through the trouble of adding a new sidearm and making you have to patch it for every new faction I make. It'll be fine by me, and even playing with CE I'm not too bothered by it so long as it works.

I had assumed all you needed to do was to pick and choose the faction-appropriate weapons that already exist in the RN Weapons pack, then copy the xml defs and textures over into the factions.

Since I'm not fond of using vanilla CE sidearms instead, I'd rather not implement this at all for those aforementioned factions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: sumghai on February 14, 2020, 06:55:18 AM

I had assumed all you needed to do was to pick and choose the faction-appropriate weapons that already exist in the RN Weapons pack, then copy the xml defs and textures over into the factions.

Since I'm not fond of using vanilla CE sidearms instead, I'd rather not implement this at all for those aforementioned factions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey guys I have bad news, it seems relations with me and Sumghai has broken down due to a pistol related incident. He was very unhappy with the lack of pistols.

I'm just kidding, I'll be blunt. I can't be bothered.

I can't be bothered to copy paste and add pistols for the factions, I can't be bothered to move a finger and update anything because there's a lot for me to do. Too much.

I'm here dreading March 22. There's not a day I'm not dreading basic training.

All the coders helping me with the mods have either withdrawn or have stopped responding to me, I don't have the same support as I used to, nor do I have the time and patience for these mods as I used to.

In fact I was very ready to quit modding because of RimWorld's lack of updates and news, convinced the words "RimWorld is a finished game" for 1.0 meant it's left for us modders to keep people entertained. I didn't want that unpaid job and all the stress and pressure that comes with it. I'm not like Oskar and the other big shot modders there that have more connections, funds and time to carry on going big. I've lost the traction.

1.1 being announced was a pleasant surprise for me, but it doesn't change the fact that I have a serious challenge ahead of me. It's career, it's moving out of my parents for the first time, paying my own bills for the first time and being in an environment outside of my comfort zone for the first time.

As frustrated as people can be that I won't do this or that for my mods, compatibility or updates, it's because I have a very big problem I need to sort out, and what I've listed above doesn't begin to describe it.

I'll see you all in a few months hopefully, back in the game with my cap badge from the British Army.

sumghai

Eh, CP, I'm not too cut up about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of luck wherever life takes you.

Chicken Plucker

Oh my days did you guys really think I was gonna go down that easy? Nah man, not havin' it.

Working on a 1.1 mod. I know I'm not gonna be able to update anything for 1.0 until I pass basic training so I thought maybe I should add something to keep 1.1 tacticool for the time being with what's supposed to be Project Red Horse's prequel to whatever story it's supposed to have.

"The Coalition"

Scenario and context:
"We need to find the right men and women for this mission. The first of it's kind."

You are a part of "The Coalition", a coalition of your world's nations working together as uneasy allies. You are one of the many Task Force leaders chosen to build a squad that will be sent to an outer rim planet. Not much is known about the one you're being sent to other than it's safely inhabited by other humans. "Safely inhabited" meaning that the air is breathable.

You are sent to destabilize hostile factions and secure regions for Coalition forces to later take over. You will have be on your own till then. All you know is, your world is on the brink of destruction thanks to nuclear weapons, this gamble to find a new world is your only chance of saving everyone you know back home.

With no proper ways to enforce rules of engagement and proper backing to avoid unconventional warfare.. You're going dark.

Planned apparel:

Coalition FAST helmet - I chose this color to go with the body armor

Coalition Crye JPC - Same color as the Merc one from Cordis Die, just different stuff on it. I wasn't too hyped about the thought of coloring everything thanks to my old system, but seeing as one of the operators does have this kind of color, it's what I stuck with.

Camelbak Motherlode - Art by "Goob" who created the texture for me for my birthday last year. Thanks Goob! Very first camelbak product in the series, it's got OCP camo.

Modern Warfare 2019's "Ghost" Mask. - Not sure if I should use scarfed or non-scarfed version yet.

Special thanks to Goob and Ods for their textures, without them I'd not have had some of the gucci bit of kit here.

Test Units:

Planned accessories for player faction:

That's all for now. I sadly don't have time to create a new GORKA-4 and other stuff to include Russian themed apparel, so it's mostly Coalition based stuff. I also don't have time to go into detail to do every character outfit and stuff, so I just went with the generic softshells. It's a lot like Task Force 141, just more edgy.

Gonna go sleep.

Quote from: sumghai on February 21, 2020, 06:32:04 AM
Eh, CP, I'm not too cut up about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of luck wherever life takes you.

Thanks Sumghai, got to report an issue later. Leaving this as reminder (for myself to post in issue tracker) regarding some weapons unpatched for the LMCT faction.

Really gotta go sleep, talk to you laters! And thank you as always for your awesome work. Red Horse won't be what it is without you and Athena, and everyone here. Cheers guys.

. . .

Almost forgot. I may include this claymore in the mod for the memes.

sumghai

Um, CP, please hold off on reporting issues regarding CE patches.

CE:FT is undergoing some administrative changes right now.

Chicken Plucker

Hello all, just posting my progress so you don't think I've been running out on you guys again. May you all be well and doing good to others ceaselessly. I'm gonna show you what's up with 1.1.

Rimmu-Nation: Security 1.1

Claymores, Sentry Gun so far has been added.

Planned stuff returning:
- Portal Sentry Turret
- Portable Sentry SMG
- SSM Turret (Previously known as SAM Turret)

PMC Furniture 1.1:
Renaming "Red Horse Furniture" again to "PMC Furniture" and I thought it was a nice compromise from "Military" and the less catchy "Red Horse" title.

"Survivalist Bed" - A bed that does not require complex furniture research.

"Mission Board" - New texture

"Recruitment Board" - Possibly a separate board, will decide. It would make possible to recruit from modded factions, hiring custom pawntypes through patches. Removing the recruitment option from the mission board to allow for more space for missions.

"Intel table 1x2" - It's just another table to eat on, with extra stuff on it to add to that "FOB" look.

"Small table 1x1" - May add it on Retro Joy and replace the hexagon table, it's pretty cute.

Chairs and other beds have had their colors removed. I figured out how to do that in photoshop just today, so they will be colored whatever stuffed material they are built with.

Some lockers. I want them to work like the shelves that hold items, but I don't have coding so I don't know how it's gonna work. Just hope it does.

Now for some F.O.B. themed stuff for bases..

"Blast Wall" - Like pillars, you can use them to build roofs. It's for the FOB Aesthetic.

"HESCO walls" - May allow it to be stuffable, made of stone materials. Tough.

"Plywood wall" - Cheap and fast, low durability wooden walls.

"Container wall" - Cheap and fast, low durability metallic walls.

Modern Warfare 1.1:

Non-helmet headgear that will be on the starting pawntype generation for the players.

Decided this player faction will have two armor types for variety

Crye CAGE (Coalition)

Crye JPC (Coalition)

(Not gonna post the same 5 softshells again, haven't done them all yet.)

I actually tried to do this:

So I tried to go with one OCP set of trousers, and then a softshell jacket that can be colored. Didn't work in-game since the camo trousers end up colored black and all kinds of stuff that ruin the gucci camo. I don't like it and I hate how the thing doesn't work when it should be.

Now you have to make 5 softshells. Ugh.

Made the cap based on operator "Wyatt" and obviously, the new "Ghost" balaclava. The CAGE body armor is based on Operator Mara's body armor configuration. I don't plan on doing all operators, especially ones outside Coalition since I already have a ton on my plate.

So there you go, been working at 3 mods at a time, don't say I don't love you guys.

Quote from: sumghai on February 25, 2020, 08:25:18 AM
Um, CP, please hold off on reporting issues regarding CE patches.

CE:FT is undergoing some administrative changes right now.

Understood, hope you're doing well my friend wherever you are. May you be safe and always at rest with God, and I hope the same to all those that read this. Take care my friends.

Chicken Plucker

1.1 UPDATE LIST:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16DLt1lKwY9J-wX6Ej57yLykO3la6prWE

(Red Horse 1.1 Mod Collection animation loop I made for Steam)

Hey all some mods have been updated to 1.1. I am out of time unfortunately and am burning through my work sleepy time. I'm gonna have to not explain much and leave it to you guys to see the few mods updated.

Some noteworthy ones are DOOM and Spec Ops: The Line if you wanna blow things up with a few things for now. Cheers all!

Here's the Steam Link to the mod collection which has an overview, though all the updated mods aren't there.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2008047693

Goodnight all, and may the Lord be with you always.