Mod list Advice help

Started by DreamWriter, April 09, 2018, 08:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamWriter

I'm new to the game using mods- I found a lot of them that I liked and I figured out how to direct download them right (I don't have Steam and got all my mods from Rimworld Base), but now I'm getting a whole lot of error messages that I'm not sure how to fix. I'm wondering if I'm placing them in the wrong spots in the mod list. Below is a list (sorry it's so long!) of where I have them placed now, if anyone has any tips I'd be very grateful for the help!

Core
RuntimeGC
HugsLib
JecsTools
Mechalit: Core B18
Miscellaneous 'CORE'
Giddy-Up! Core
Cupro's Drinks 'Core'
Humanoid Races 2.0
Twi'lek Race (I think I got the B18 version- but I'm not 100% sure on that- links are welcome. I'm also looking for the Zabrak race B18 mod)
Star Wars – The Force
Star Wars – Lightsabers
Star Wars – Factions Mod
Star Wars Animal Collection
Star Wars Slave Bikini Outfit
Nature's Pretty Sweet
Seasonal Weather
Colonist Bar KF 0.18.0
ModSwitch
Facton Discovery
EdB Prepare Carefully
Project RimFactory
Tilled Soil
VGP Vegetable Garden
VGP Garden Fabrics
VGP Garden Drinks
VGP Garden Medicine
VGP More Veggies
VGP  Garden Resources
VGP Soylent Production
VGP Garden Tools
VGP Xtra Trees and Flowers
Expanded Incidents
Psychology
Therapy
Artful Robots [B18]
Misc Robots
Misc Robots++
Hand Me That Brick
Pick Up And Haul
[FSF] Complex Jobs
Medical Tab
Blueprints
Colony Manager
Relations Tab
Research Tree
Birds And The Bees
Children
Prision Labor
Locks
Prisioner Ransom
No Random Contruction Quality
More Planning
More Furniture [B18]
Moody
Miniaturisation
Mending
More Medications
Ugh You Got Me
I Can Fix It!
Grand Rivers
Giddy-Up! Caravans
FishIndustry
FFGermanShepherd
Exotic Joy
Drugs to Neuroamine
DE Surgeries
Dermal Regenerator
Defensive Postions
Cut blighted plants
Cupro's Drinks- Alcohol
Cupro's Drinks- Energy
Cupro's Drinks- Soda
Celing Lights [B18]
Bulk Stone Cutting
Stone Convert
Giddy-Up! Battlemounts
Avoid Friendly Fire
Allow Tool
Addtional Joy Objects
Random Veins
[RF] Basic Bridges [b18]
[KV] Rimfridge- b18
Tech Advancing
Strange Plants
Spidercamp's Dog Pack
Smokeleaf Industry
Simply Cloth
Sandy's Wall-Mountable Power Switch
Harvest Organs Post Mortem 2.0 [B18]
RimRoads
Conduit Deconstuct
[ZP] Zipangu Pack
WM Smarter Food Section
WhaleysDogs
Hospitality (lower in list the better according to the site)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering (Must be last in mod list according to site)

Thanks in advance for helping me!

Calahan

Please don't create duplicate threads across several forums. I have moved the thread you posted in support (that forum is there for people needing technical support with the vanilla game. Not mod support). And deleted the one in mod help because that sub-forum is for people who want help in creating mods (which you don't). You say you are encountering bugs with the mods your are using (be it order related or whatever). In which case the best place for this right now sounds like mods bugs.

And in that case please can you read the pinned "How to Report a Mod Bug" thread and provide the information requested. Your log file in particular will be needed (so that the cause of the bugs can be determined).

Canute

DreamWriter,
since you are new to use mod's use, just a few words.
No mod is perfect, and if you use more and more mod's the chance that anything goes wrong increase.
So the phrase "Less is mosttimes more" comes handy.

Don't activate all kind of useful mod's at once. Activate them in smaller batches.
Then you sea early if some cause errors at the beginning.

Then you should avoid mod's they are under development until you are more expierenced. Not every mod that is released or at the steam workshop are finished.

- Nature's Pretty Sweet, this mod is known as troublemaker since it change many vanilia thing other mod's may have trouble to work. And it is still in early developmet state.

-Tilled Soil, Vegetable garden got a similar terrain, you don't need it.

- Artful Robots [B18], shouldn't be that below the Misc Robots ++ mod ?

- Cut blighted plants, similar option is at Allow tool, which you allready got.

DreamWriter

Quote from: Calahan on April 10, 2018, 02:50:17 AM
Please don't create duplicate threads across several forums. I have moved the thread you posted in support (that forum is there for people needing technical support with the vanilla game. Not mod support). And deleted the one in mod help because that sub-forum is for people who want help in creating mods (which you don't). You say you are encountering bugs with the mods your are using (be it order related or whatever). In which case the best place for this right now sounds like mods bugs.

And in that case please can you read the pinned "How to Report a Mod Bug" thread and provide the information requested. Your log file in particular will be needed (so that the cause of the bugs can be determined).

Thanks I only reposted cause I couldn't delete or move the original thread myself

DreamWriter

Quote from: Canute on April 10, 2018, 03:18:53 AM
DreamWriter,
No mod is perfect, and if you use more and more mod's the chance that anything goes wrong increase.

Don't activate all kind of useful mod's at once. Activate them in smaller batches.

Then you should avoid mod's they are under development until you are more expierenced. Not every mod that is released or at the steam workshop are finished.

- Nature's Pretty Sweet, this mod is known as troublemaker since it change many vanilia thing other mod's may have trouble to work. And it is still in early developmet state.

I don't use steam for mods cause I bought the game direct and didn't think buying the mods would work unless I bought the game through Steam

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: DreamWriter on April 10, 2018, 11:40:05 AM
Quote from: Canute on April 10, 2018, 03:18:53 AM
DreamWriter,

I don't use steam for mods cause I bought the game direct and didn't think buying the mods would work unless I bought the game through Steam

With your purchase from the Ludeon website, you can also have a copy of Rimworld linked to your account on Steam, there should be a thread on the process in the Support forum. Doing this does not stop you from getting the DRM free version.

For mods, you can use any combination of Steam/Manual mods in either the DRM free or Steam version at the same time. With the DRM free Rimworld version you have to copy the mods from your Steam folder into the manual version. With the Steam Rimworld version you can either leave the Steam mods where Steam puts them, or copy them into the manual location, and then put the manual mods in their normal spot.