Steam

Started by savaze, September 18, 2013, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarkista

Quote from: xTAMERx on September 21, 2013, 05:45:30 AM
you should also bid your game at Desura

Indeed, Desura is a pretty good platform for indies.

British

Hmmm, the way I understand it, Desura *is* a client you have to use, which means I'm not touching it either.

Yarkista

Quote from: British on September 21, 2013, 07:54:24 AM
Hmmm, the way I understand it, Desura *is* a client you have to use, which means I'm not touching it either.

You don't like clients? They're the future and most online games use them.

British

There's clients and clients.

I don't mind a client for a specific game (and after all, multiplayer games are all clients... and sometimes servers, but please stop making my thoughts go adrift), but what I *do* mind is a mandatory client for a distribution platform.

Yarkista

Quote from: British on September 21, 2013, 09:05:50 AM
There's clients and clients.

I don't mind a client for a specific game (and after all, multiplayer games are all clients... and sometimes servers, but please stop making my thoughts go adrift), but what I *do* mind is a mandatory client for a distribution platform.

Huh, that's an odd opinion to have but each to their own I suppose. ;)

Tynan

Yeah, I'll be getting the game up everywhere I can. Desura, GoG, Steam - the more exposure, the better.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on September 21, 2013, 01:25:31 PM
Yeah, I'll be getting the game up everywhere I can. Desura, GoG, Steam - the more exposure, the better.

Oh yea, if you set up the kickstarter at the same time as the greenlight, you should get a decent boost to the votes.

British

Quote from: Tynan on September 21, 2013, 01:25:31 PM
You might have seen or heard of it already, but there's an article on RPS regarding IndieGameStand, that might be worth looking it.

While GoG is my go-to place when I want to buy games, it doesn't have that many indie games yet, so IGS might be interesting in that regard (that, and the fact that most of the games there are DRM-free, and there's no client)...

Informations for developers: https://indiegamestand.com/developers/

williamknox

If Rimworld is put on Steam Greenlight I know a crap ton of people who love playing new games that are still in development.

Yarkista

Quote from: williamknox on September 30, 2013, 12:05:13 PM
If Rimworld is put on Steam Greenlight I know a crap ton of people who love playing new games that are still in development.

Not enough for an auto win on the greenlight.

williamknox

Yea Valve can be a bit figity now and then  :P

Yarkista

Quote from: williamknox on September 30, 2013, 12:13:06 PM

Indeed, fuck greenlight. ;)

Edit: Huh, 1000th post.

Tynan

Quote from: Yarkista on September 30, 2013, 03:15:18 PM
Quote from: williamknox on September 30, 2013, 12:13:06 PM

Indeed, fuck greenlight. ;)

Edit: Huh, 1000th post.

Pretty awesome to have 1000 posts around here already. Congratz on catching it Yark.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hypolite

I'm not jealous or anything, but the 1000th message to have been posted is this one (notice the 1000 in the URL). Yours takes into account deleted messages, so it's more like the 1000th post still standing.

And I probably have better things to do than to nitpick over the 1000th post on this forum.  :-X

Yarkista

Quote from: Hypolite on September 30, 2013, 03:42:30 PM
I'm not jealous or anything, but the 1000th message to have been posted is this one (notice the 1000 in the URL). Yours takes into account deleted messages, so it's more like the 1000th post still standing.

And I probably have better things to do than to nitpick over the 1000th post on this forum.  :-X

Huh, jelly? ;)

Yea, the forums are coming along nicely atm.