Bad naked thought [Changelog]

Started by Mattorious, June 17, 2014, 10:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattorious

"Created bad thought for being naked"

So, does this mean that we'll be able to clothe our colonists? Or is a naked person always just a little unhappy?
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

fatwilf

it does suggest clothing doesn't it.

I have a load of naked people running round my colony.

but what would clothing would be made from?

All we've got is wood & metal...!!

vagineer1

Quote from: fatwilf on June 17, 2014, 10:12:49 AM

it does suggest clothing doesn't it.

I have a load of naked people running round my colony.

but what would clothing would be made from?

All we've got is wood & metal...!!

It would be interesting if you were able to harvest animal skin from Muffaloes and Squirrels and turn it into leather to produce clothing like jackets and trench coats.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Mattorious

Maybe hunting will server a dual purpose. Food and rawhide.
But, eh, don't wear the boomrat hide, it's explosively fasionable
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

Mattaru

Quote from: Mattorious on June 17, 2014, 10:16:36 AM
Maybe hunting will server a dual purpose. Food and rawhide.
But, eh, don't wear the boomrat hide, it's explosively fasionable

the squirrel one's nuts  ::)

Dr. Z

If traits would have a use, there could be a "nudist" trait, so the colonist would get good thought for beeing naked and bad thought for wearing clothes. There could also be affects on other colonists whether the naked one is handsome/ugly/man/women...

At the beginning normal colonists should also get a moral boost for wearing clothes, until the colony wealth reaches a certain value and this is nothing special anymore.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

I actually got some help recently, a Polish dude named Piotr Walczak is doing some programming and he wrote a system for swapping/stealing clothing. So you can now play dress-up with your colonists, including getting them naked. But nudity makes them a bit unhappy.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

vagineer1

Quote from: Tynan on June 17, 2014, 11:12:36 AM
I actually got some help recently, a Polish dude named Piotr Walczak is doing some programming and he wrote a system for swapping/stealing clothing. So you can now play dress-up with your colonists, including getting them naked. But nudity makes them a bit unhappy.

Tynan have you thought about the possibility of butchering animals also produces leather which could be used to make clothing?
You see this tank?

Joretap0

Look at my mod : http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3583.0
Actually crafting is not finished, next version will use cotton to craft, and taming animal skin will be the next step.

My Mods : Dresser | Inventory Panel | Cannibal
Sorry for my english ;)

Dr. Z

Quote from: Joretap0 on June 17, 2014, 11:18:54 AM
Actually crafting is not finished, next version will use cotton to craft, and taming animal skin will be the next step.

Look at my mod, my mod is amazing, give it a...

Just came up my mind  ::)

Edit: Great, now I have an earworm...
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 17, 2014, 11:13:41 AM
Tynan have you thought about the possibility of butchering animals also produces leather which could be used to make clothing?

Sure, there are lots of econ paths to make clothing. The substance system needs to come first though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

vagineer1

Quote from: Tynan on June 17, 2014, 11:27:01 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on June 17, 2014, 11:13:41 AM

Sure, there are lots of econ paths to make clothing. The substrance system needs to come first though.

Thats good to hear.
You see this tank?

Joretap0

Quote from: Dr. Z on June 17, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

My post is not here to say that my mod is amazing, it's just to give an example of what they can do for clothes crafting ;)
Sorry for my english ;)

Dr. Z

Quote from: Joretap0 on June 17, 2014, 11:31:09 AM

My post is not here to say that my mod is amazing, it's just to give an example of what they can do for clothes crafting ;)

It was a hommage to the Song "My horse is amazing" which just came up my mind when I saw this, no offense.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Joretap0

Quote from: Dr. Z on June 17, 2014, 11:34:18 AM
Quote from: Joretap0 on June 17, 2014, 11:31:09 AM

It was a hommage to the Song "My horse is amazing" which just came up my mind when I saw this, no offense.

Erf sorry, not easy for me to understand some english wordplays and song hommage ;)
Sorry for my english ;)