[1.3] [KV] Adjustable Trade Ships [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, April 25, 2018, 12:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

an easy way to teat this is set the values to 0.001. You'll be flooded with ally interactions and trade ships

All interactions are determined by RNG so even at 1 day it could still be a few days

With the last update i also removed Apply. As a value is entered it will automatically get applied

Syrchalis

I can say for sure that in my latest save it doesn't work. Set it to 0.001 and I got zero trade ships. In the save I started with Cassandra it works.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Kiame

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 02, 2018, 02:01:52 PM
I can say for sure that in my latest save it doesn't work. Set it to 0.001 and I got zero trade ships. In the save I started with Cassandra it works.

Who is the story teller in your current save?

Syrchalis

Quote from: Kiame on July 02, 2018, 02:10:52 PM

Who is the story teller in your current save?
I started it on Randy, but switched to Cassandra today to test if it had something to do with Randy. It doesn't work on either. Maybe it has something to do with which storyteller you start on, but I didn't get around to testing it.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Kiame

I've tested it on all 3 - Randy it doesnt do anything for - whether i add the mod to a new game or from a saved one (mod was disabled when it was created then added the mod and loaded the save)

Are you using any other trader mods? Like more trade ships?

Are there any errors in the console when modifying values?

Syrchalis

Old post: No, I don't use other trader mods, not even something that adds new traders. I don't think I've seen any errors in the console.

I can also confirm that when you add the mod doesn't matter. Though I might need to test on my Cassandra save (where the mod works) when I change it to Randy. On my Randy save (= the one I started with Randy) it doesn't help switching to Cassandra.

Okay this is very embarrassing. I just started a new game and realized that I made a second custom condition on my scenario which I never edited. And "disable incident" defaults to orbital trader arrival if you don't change it (if short circuit is disabled already). So yeah, apparently I disabled the incident and that's why it doesn't work even if I switch story teller.

I deleted the line from the save file and now if I switch to Cassandra it works fine. Still doesn't on Randy of course - would be great if you could figure that one out, I would love to play with Randy and still get regular traders (without having to add it to the scenario like it did back in B18).

Kiame

Woohoo glad that is fixed.

Thing about randy is everything is random so i'm locked out. I'd have to start patching the code which is heavier/more intrusive than i want this mod to be

MisterLock

So does this mod have literally any effect on Randy? I installed it and even set the value of trade ships to 1 day in between but it still seems like they come whenever Mr Random wants...
Just asking to make sure, I did read what you said about ally interactions being completly based on the storyteller's will if you play with Randy.
To each his own.

Kiame

Quote from: MisterLock on July 04, 2018, 10:55:57 AM
So does this mod have literally any effect on Randy? I installed it and even set the value of trade ships to 1 day in between but it still seems like they come whenever Mr Random wants...
Just asking to make sure, I did read what you said about ally interactions being completly based on the storyteller's will if you play with Randy.

Correct this mod does nothing for Randy as he is, as coded, completely random

Syrchalis

So, I had an idea. Why don't you just add the part with orbital traders to randy in a patch operation, then modify that in-game with your menu?

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
  <xpath>/Defs/StorytellerDef[defName = "Randy"]/comps</xpath>
  <value>
      <li Class="StorytellerCompProperties_SingleMTB">
        <incident>OrbitalTraderArrival</incident>
        <mtbDays>2</mtbDays>
</li>
</value>
</Operation>

Also, a suggestion that probably will make this mod hella popular: Add "WorldQuest" to the things you can modify. All storytellers have Worldquest components, so it would work for Randy out of the box too.

<li Class="StorytellerCompProperties_CategoryMTB">
        <category>WorldQuest</category>
        <allowedTargetTypes>
          <li>World</li>
        </allowedTargetTypes>
        <minDaysPassed>6</minDaysPassed>
        <mtbDays>7</mtbDays>
        <mtbDaysFactorByDaysPassedCurve>
          <points>
            <li>(6, 4)</li>
            <li>(25, 1)</li>
          </points>
        </mtbDaysFactorByDaysPassedCurve>
      </li>

I'm currently writing a huge patch operation list for myself, because of 1.0 I have to reinstall Rimworld often, so I end up deleting everything and having to adjust many things I dislike about the base game again and again. With this "mod" I have more work once, but then I'm golden (until Tynan decides to do stupid stuff again like renaming ShootingAccuracy def to ShootingAccuracyPawn def... thanks, that broke half my modlist.

Kiame

I had considered patching Randy but tbh I want this mod to be 'light'

I have not done much on the story teller side so i'm not sure what adding Ally Interactions to Randy would do. I don't play with Randy usually so i'd have to rely on others to test it to make sure Randy still works the same

Syrchalis

Not sure about ally interactions either, but orbital traders... well, worst thing that's gonna happen is that he just sends more (random ones and ones from the patched lines) and well, this mod is 99% for people who want more traders (and 1% who want less, if at all). So I don't see a problem. Yes light sure, but I'm pretty certain no one is going to complain about one patch if they can use a very popular storyteller with the mod =p

Kiame

I'd like to avoid a patch in this case. I may look at adding a Mod Option to enable this on Randy and let people try it out. If it breaks anything i can remove it easy enough.

Kiame

Some initial testing and just adding FactionInteraction and/or SingleMTB { incident = OrbitalTraderArrival } is not enough to get Randy to create them.

At this point i am not planning to dive into the Storyteller code to figure out how Randy works.

Edit: Created a branch in git if anyone wants to try their hand at it (the Options page still needs some work)
https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-adjustabletradeships/tree/1.0/addCompsToStoryTeller
The logic that adds/removes story teller comps is in StoryTellerUtil.cs (last 4 methods)

NeoSono

The most recent patch to the unstable branch (1.0.1977) seems to have made the mod not work. I get some errors when loading with the mod and when trying to change setting it tells me it can not change cassandra, phoebe or randy.