Remove slaughterer or make for some reaction time or something please.

Started by Kalre, May 01, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

Quote from: Jernfalk on May 01, 2018, 11:51:14 AM
what

"Slaughterer" is a mental break that makes your pawn want to chase-down and slaughter your animals, or at least one. I had it happen to my jogger, which meant that nobody could chase him down and club him before he got to my livestock.

My livestock were boomalopes.

If only someone saw this potential kind of issue earlier.

Overall, though, I side with OP. Sure, it's fine for chicken farm when you could sacrifice several dozen birds and still need an orbital bombardment to bring the rest down to a manageable population, it's a real bummer when you just got the Adam to your eve, or when you've got some valuable critters like Alpacas, Huskies, or even a Thrumbo walking around. Tantrums, meanwhile, rarely break anything. Imagine if there was a break that drove your pawn to break anywhere between a single floor tile or power conduit, to a ship piece, masterwork painting, or a mega screen TV. Now it's not so interesting.

Also, this should've been in "suggestions", just sayin'.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Jernfalk

Quote from: Call me Arty on May 01, 2018, 03:56:18 PM
Quote from: Jernfalk on May 01, 2018, 11:51:14 AM
what

"Slaughterer" is a mental break that makes your pawn want to chase-down and slaughter your animals, or at least one. I had it happen to my jogger, which meant that nobody could chase him down and club him before he got to my livestock.

My livestock were boomalopes.

If only someone saw this potential kind of issue earlier.

Overall, though, I side with OP. Sure, it's fine for chicken farm when you could sacrifice several dozen birds and still need an orbital bombardment to bring the rest down to a manageable population, it's a real bummer when you just got the Adam to your eve, or when you've got some valuable critters like Alpacas, Huskies, or even a Thrumbo walking around. Tantrums, meanwhile, rarely break anything. Imagine if there was a break that drove your pawn to break anywhere between a single floor tile or power conduit, to a ship piece, masterwork painting, or a mega screen TV. Now it's not so interesting.

Also, this should've been in "suggestions", just sayin'.

Oh wow. 1000+ hours in game and I actually had no idea that this is a thing. I agree it does sound overpowered and unfun. But sometimes unfun stuff happens.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Jernfalk on May 01, 2018, 05:54:49 PM
Oh wow. 1000+ hours in game and I actually had no idea that this is a thing. I agree it does sound overpowered and unfun. But sometimes unfun stuff happens.

100 off from 1000, and it's happened once.

"Sometimes unfun things happen" is, of course, true. Your entire colony starving to death because you made poor decisions concerning food storage and agriculture development is a completely different beast from having an animal die not because you left it out in the open for predators, not because you let it starve, not because you couldn't keep in at a comfortable temperature, but because you didn't prepare for a colonist getting so upset they'd walk right up to it and slit it's throat. If a raider wanted to do that, they'd at least have to break down a couple doors.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Dashthechinchilla

But slaughter on a boomalope is great game meta. For example. I had a berserk on my only handler while he was in a heard of boomalope. Before I could fetch him, I got a raid who spawned right near him. He killed a boomalope which cascaded the herd. The raid hit the fire storm which killed him and most of the raiders. You can't make this stuff up.

Vlad0mi3r

Anyone who suffers a slaughterer mental break gets beaten and imprisoned. If they get killed as part of that happening no problem. It is heart breaking when the animals you have taken care of and trained up get killed this way.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

tommiethegun

What if the slaughterer had to equip a bladed melee weapon first? That way you might be able to cut them off at the stock pile, assuming they weren't already equipped with a knife or sword.

Andy_Dandy

Slaughterer is a Heavy condition that occurs only when the pawn is driven very hard to insanity. The point is to prevent this kind of behaviour by making the perfect base! And yes, you can try to arrest the person hopefully before he makes to much damage.

Canute

Slaugher is harmless, just wait for a murderous rake ! :-)
Then your pawn don't want kill an animal, he want kill his rivale.