[V0.19] (WIP) Pandora: Survival Awaits (James Cameron's Avatar Overhaul Mod)

Started by InterstellarOrbit, June 16, 2018, 03:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InterstellarOrbit

NOTE: Moved to https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49582 to avoid Necro-posting.

What Does this Mod Do?
This will be a complete overhaul mod. There will be two versions, one with Rimworld Influences and one without. The Version without Rimworld Influence will be strictly based on Avatar. For example, You will not find Muffalo in the game. The Version with Rimworld Influence would obviously have such items.

What does this mod add?
This Mod will add almost everything there is known about the world of Pandora:
Races: It will add a playable Race called the Na'vi, the main inhabitants of Pandora.
Animals: Arachniods, Direhorses, Fan Lizards, Hammerhead Titantheres, Hellfire Wasps, Hexapedes, Prolemuris', Tapirus, Thanators, Viperwolfs, Woodsprites and Many, MANY more.
Plants: Literally Every plant that can be researched, Including but not limiting to Willow Trees, Cat Ears, Healing Rose, Howling Pods, and much more.

How can I help?
You can help by joining the Discord, where you can interact with the Dev Team, give suggestions, and share your personal opinions of Avatar! You can also become a Playtester!  https://discord.gg/V8purxR

Can I become Apart of the Dev Team?
Yes, We are always looking for any Coders, Artists and people who have bright ideas!

Please note this is a *HUGE* Project. I can't stress this any more than I have. What you see here is merely a glimpse of the final project. This will take time. I'd like to thank the wonderful committee here at Ludeon Forums, my wonderful Dev team, and The Rimworld Discord.

Depencies
Alien Races Framework 2.0.

Version History
Changelog:
Aug. 14th -0.1.3c
Bugfixes, New Graphics, Adaption to 0.19
(Removed hair for later development)

Aug. 4th -0.1.2c

-Bugfixes, patch for new version of AlienRace; Finishing Touches to be released in 0.1.3c

Aug. 2nd -0.1.1c

-Race Finished, Bugfixes, Backstories and Skin will be fixed in 0.1.2c

July 26th -0.1c

-Na'vi Finished, release of Alpha 1 to playtesters

June 21st -0.1b

-Added Art for Na'vi, final stretch for v0.1

June 18th, 2018 -0.1a

-Added Na'vi, a playable race with custom names(wip)

InterstellarOrbit

Grillbye

Oh geez, I'm going to looove that mod, so there's going to be playable Na'avi ? What's strange is that I got Alien framework 2.0 and I got an error loading a mod that added new races, so I hope it won't do that with that particular mod, because it seems so awesome. :D
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

InterstellarOrbit

Quote from: Grillbye on June 16, 2018, 06:31:13 PM
Oh geez, I'm going to looove that mod, so there's going to be playable Na'avi ? What's strange is that I got Alien framework 2.0 and I got an error loading a mod that added new races, so I hope it won't do that with that particular mod, because it seems so awesome. :D

Yes, there will be playable Na'vi! And trust me, we will be testing for any bugs/errors that may occur.

Grillbye

InterstellarOrbit

I am always looking for playtesters and willing artists! If you are interested, please join the discord!

Grillbye

InterstellarOrbit

Hey guys! I know its been a long time since I have given an update, so I decided to release this bit of art! I mainly do updates on the developmental discord server; linked here and in the Original post!

[attachment deleted due to age]