Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreig

Quote from: JavaWho on July 17, 2018, 04:05:18 AM
Transhumanist trait is not giving a mood buff for a bionic body part.
Sarcophagi no longer gives mood buff to burying a colonist.

Are these intended?

Transhumanists require multiple artificial body parts to get a mood buff. A single replacement only gets rid of the "Transhumanist frustrated" debuff.

Oblitus

Quote from: Madman666 on July 17, 2018, 06:31:42 AM
Strangely i rarely get any feet injuries on my guys, though power armor indeed doesn't include cool space boots...
Tell it to my melee pawn (in power armor) who lost two toes, jaw and nose in the last quest. Had to spend serum to fix his nose so his wife won't abandon him.

Scars are a weird thing. It looks like they can only happen when a wound is not tended at all, so I never get them during actual gameplay, unless it is a small scratch that heals before doctor manages to tend it.

Broken Reality

Had a colonist get a 9 point eye scar, now effectively blind in that eye and in huge pain and I can do nothing about it till I get a bionic eye. I can remove infected limbs and organs but not remove a useless eye that would actively make the colonist better not to have avan if not replaced. Some way to heal scars would be nice probably using glitterworld meds to make those more useful as well. Scars get to be such an issue as the game goes on and you have no way to deal with them beyond replacing them with bionics.

The increase in healing time is noticeable in that often people aren't healed from one fight before the next one happens. Social fights have now gone from annoying to bad.

Also pressing escape is bringing up the dev error menu and not cancelling out of menus or bringing up options, just a bit annoying it keeps popping up all the time for me.

Oblitus

Found a lump of plasteel. When preparing expedition realized, that I have no way to quickly see which of my pawns are good miners without closing the caravan menu. And I really need good miners since mining plasteel still takes forever. Mining 14 tiles took almost 3 days, even with 2 pawns 16 and 10 in mining. So it was 7 days for 525 plasteel. I had to fight an outpost, all that time my base was missing half of its defence.

Also, there is an inconsistency between the checkbox and input box controls. Checkbox controls can be assigned by drag and drop, input box needs extra click.

Food reminder is good, but there should be a reminder about bedrolls and medicine.

BTW about drag and drop. It would be really good to have for bills instead of buttons.

Another lump of plasteel. Guarded by outpost with 11 enemies. I have 7 pawns total, so can send no more than 4 without leaving the base totally defenseless. Without any fortifications on my side (and with fortifications on their) and without a sterile hospital nearby I don't like the odds.

While HP multiplier for textile is nice to have, pawns still complain on the percentage basis, so even if hyperthread apparel is still tougher than cloth, they would prefer cloth.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on July 16, 2018, 10:35:29 PM
Quote from: 5thHorseman on July 16, 2018, 09:00:21 PM
Amusingly I love it when they throw a party right after a big battle. It's exactly what I'd do and it makes me think of the ends of episodes of TV shows or something where everybody's patched up sitting around BSing and then someone explains a bit too plainly what the gist of the episode was.
You will change your mind once you switch to Randy Extreme and you get 5 raids one after the other while your colonists are still recovering.
So what you're saying is if I make the game unfair it will be unfair all around, and not just in specific ways?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Tynan

Quote from: Broken Reality on July 17, 2018, 06:39:53 AM
Also pressing escape is bringing up the dev error menu and not cancelling out of menus or bringing up options, just a bit annoying it keeps popping up all the time for me.

If you're getting error messages please copy and paste them here or in a bug thread, thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Oblitus

My colonist lost a lung fighting off pirate's raid (high-quality devilstrand set with a flak vest). I've harvested replacement from one of the pirates, now all my colonists are sad. Please, can I get other colonists, who would share my belief in "lung for lung" justice? Or at least bionic lungs and kidneys.

SpaceDorf

QuoteRemove friendly chat prisoner interaction mode since it's purposeless and confusing.

A little late to the show, but in principle I'm of the same oppinion as all the posters before me.
I used the option regulary on prisoners I intended to release.
The "social"-grind was a nice bonus but it just felt better than just ignoring them, considering the massive gain in faction points a release can bring.
Especially if it evens out the biblical organ justice. ( eye for an eye .. or lung or whatever .. )
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on July 17, 2018, 05:35:44 AM
I personally found friendly chat useful for building relations with prisoners that were addicted to something; get that relation with the warden up to +100 without having to deal with the full set of downsides that an addict has if you were to recruit them.

I used it for exactly this as well.

Plus, when i just wasn't sure i wanted them or not yet.

Ser Kitteh

SILLINESS:

One of the most memorable moments in B18 to me is when I sent a 4 man squad (2 charge riflemen, 2 longswordsmen) to get a vanometric power cell and drop pod to what I expected was a heavy raider based outpost, only to be attacked by a total of ..... 18 manhunter chickens.

So yes, I do hope Tynan keeps the not so dangerous manhunter animal and other sorts of silliness.

QUESTS:

On current questing: a while ago (earlier builds, maybe four-five versions ago?), quests for archotech/rare gear was more common. Vanometric cells, psychic tower thingamabob, healer serums, antigrain shells, etc. Now, all the settlements are giving me quests and they reward stuff like TVs and resources (plasteel/uranium) and the odd masterwork furniture/weapon, and while this indeed a good thing, it does mean the rarer stuff are non-existent. The addition of these quests rewards, ironically, drown out the more interesting and rarer ones.

This is the same swamp/cassandra rough playthrough. 7 years in, not a single mech serum or the B18 stuff. I do however got 8 flatscreen/megascreen TVs at this point. I think the quests generator in the backgrounds needs more tuning. Alternatively, there could be a seperate "box" of quests for the rarer B18 stuff. So you have your mundane (destroy outpost, get furniture/weapons/materials) in one box or the more dangerous and rare "artefact" quests like archotech limbs and B18 rewards. Would also like to have a method of generating these quests themselves (maybe by using Research skill). It's a real pain needing to grind outposts and bases for a persona core just to wait the settlements to give me a mission. Heck, I don't think you can even spawn these quests in devmode.

HEALING:

As for limbs/lots digits, the big issue is just putting in more bionics does very little. I think the bionic ear should not even be a thing, as hearing does very little to improve the pawn in any social capacity. Another issue is that a pawn with have a scar on their right limb but have a missing finger on their left hand, pointlessly needing to install bionics where there doesn't need to be just to get rid of a minor debuff. Putting more prosthetics/bionics, I think, isn't the correct solution. I'd rather use the glitterworld meds I have (which I have very little), to get rid of a minor scar or restore a toe. It's even lore friendly! The description says:

"A kit of advanced ultra-tech medical supplies, probably manufactured on a distant glitterworld. It contains advanced polymorphic drugs, nanite diagnostic and healing assisters, a mini-imager, and various multi-use tools."

Nanites AND polymorphic drugs. Surely advance enough to restore a toe. This makes healer serums more useful for regrowing a lost limb, curing diseases, fixing brain injuries, and so on.

Also, if we can treat cirrhosis, then we should also be able to treat gut worms. What's the point of having all these good surgeons if you're only using them to patch bloody gaping holes.

PRISONER FRIENDLY CHAT:

I agree with everyone, put em back in. But I think this shows the underlying problem with the Social skill in RW. Aside from trading (which isn't a very good method to level up), what really other uses does Social skill has? There's very little use of them unless you have your best trader make a caravan run or do peace talks. I can think of a few methods to make Social more useful:

1. When drafted, be able to calm a raging colonist. Yes, there is a mod for this. It should reward a healthy amount of XP for success and a mediocre amount for failure.

2. Therapy: Psychology mod allows the player to treat both drug addiction and pyromania via a "surgery" and requires a minimum amount of 3 medicine and 6 social IIRC. The therapy mod (which name escapes me) also does this to an extent. Obviously therapy is more than just "Talk Really Good" but if you wanna give it more use, here it is. I don't know how it would be implemented, but it would be really nice to treat an addict. And, it has the great ability to make for good stories, which a primary vision of Tynan's for RW.

3. Social between pawns: One of my pawns cheated on her husband, it'd be really nice if there was option to convince them this was a bad idea. One of my highest Social pawns (13 Social) is an enemy with one of the pawns. It's also be really nice if they bury the hatchet, perhaps passively, and have a nice message pop up. So you know, more overall being nice and charismatic.

Anyway, gonna try the LRMS. Haven't build one yet. Will give report soon.

Oblitus

Why we can't also have a penalty for "Someone's organ-harvested" and "Someone organ harvested?"

Why "Slighted" memory lasts 20 days, and "attacked us, tried to burn us all and crippled several of us" lasts 1 day?

Man, get the message already! Your advances are not welcome, she has a husband.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: Greep on July 17, 2018, 02:04:29 AM
Yeah if we're talking irl reasoning, you get like 90% back from metal recycling I think.  It was just done for balancing late game.  Maybe crashed mech ship parts could give more plasteel to compensate?  That's a flat amount of plasteel for the early game that doesn't scale badly like when you start getting a dozen centipedes.

Balancing late game? I barely entered mid-game. The lack of raw resources is heavy, specially after removing rare materials from world encounters. I'm still far from Deep Drilling. A game should not depend on traders to get Plasteel.

And not to mention that Flak armor requiring components is ridiculous since its not even an electrical item...

Broken Reality

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2018, 07:16:25 AM
Quote from: Broken Reality on July 17, 2018, 06:39:53 AM

If you're getting error messages please copy and paste them here or in a bug thread, thanks.

Yeah sorry i forgot I was kinda tired. I loaded up and it has stopped doing it, even though I restarted whilst it was doing it and it didn't effect it. Next time I get anything I'll be sure to post logs ASAP.

mndfreeze

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2018, 03:33:11 AM
Quote from: Boboid on July 17, 2018, 03:25:47 AM
The last time I had a caravan ambushed it was by one, 6 year old rooster.. with a bad back.. and two scars.
https://imgur.com/a/SzlW3Ni
He was as delicious as he was foolish.

On some level it feels a bit like a bug. We could set the minimum threat higher. But I also feel like these kinds of incidents are too amusing to give up.

Please don't.  There are already 10395128740956827692847962 things that kill us in rimworld.  I really appreciate the wierd "threats" that aren't
actually threats.  ESPECIALLY when they happen to hit right when they might be.   I have died more than once to a hundred cuts from a micro-vermin mouth.

Syrchalis

Ugh, that patch broke my entire game again. It was the mod "While you are up" which was checking all pawns constantly for the job "friendly chat" (obviously), took me 30 game starts and mod enabling/disabling to figure it out, since the error logs were useless.

Anyway... as I said, the option to befriend a prisoner and make him easy to recruit once you choose to (plus a reliable way to skill up social) is really appreciated. For social one could focus more on the internal colonist - colonist relationships, but I already said that a few pages before.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.