Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvadableMoxie

When I try to target the ground (A corpse actually) with an incediary launcher it won't fire and I get the following error in red on the dev console:

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Tau driver=JobDriver_AttackStatic (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(AttackStatic (Job_1334089) A=(110, 0, 80)) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenHostility.HostileTo (Verse.Thing t, RimWorld.Faction fac) [0x00002] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\Faction\GenHostility.cs:90
  at Verse.Verb.TryStartCastOn (LocalTargetInfo castTarg, Boolean surpriseAttack, Boolean canHitNonTargetPawns) [0x00115] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Verbs\Verb.cs:181
  at Verse.Pawn.TryStartAttack (LocalTargetInfo targ) [0x00065] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:1617
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver_AttackStatic+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator0.<>m__1 () [0x00111] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\Casting\JobDriver_AttackStatic.cs:70
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x001e2] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:345
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobUtility.cs:22)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:351)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:131)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:556)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:125)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:297)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:261)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

5thHorseman

Quote from: EvadableMoxie on July 23, 2018, 10:05:07 PM
When I try to target the ground (A corpse actually) with an incediary launcher it won't fire and I get the following error in red on the dev console:

I just got this with an Orbital Bombardment targeting of the ground.

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Ian driver=JobDriver_AttackStatic (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(AttackStatic (Job_8975626) A=(62, 0, 55)) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.GenHostility.HostileTo (Verse.Thing t, RimWorld.Faction fac) [0x00002] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Planet\Faction\GenHostility.cs:90
  at Verse.Verb.TryStartCastOn (LocalTargetInfo castTarg, Boolean surpriseAttack, Boolean canHitNonTargetPawns) [0x00115] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Verbs\Verb.cs:181
  at Verse.Pawn.TryStartAttack (LocalTargetInfo targ) [0x00065] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:1617
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver_AttackStatic+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator0.<>m__1 () [0x00111] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\Casting\JobDriver_AttackStatic.cs:70
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x001e2] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:345
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobUtility.cs:22)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:351)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:131)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:556)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:125)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:297)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:261)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

seerdecker

My lone naked colonist landed in a flat jungle biome (Cassandra extreme). An unlucky start in what would prove to be a long ordeal. He just wasn't a lucky guy. In 100 days, he got malaria, muscle parasites that lasted about a year, the flu, and now he's fighting gut worms. He made new friends, but they didn't fare much better. Plague, gut worms and fibrous mechanites. None of them knew how to plant healroot. They managed by importing medecine from nearby settlements.

Early on, the colony almost got wiped out. A hunter triggered a whole herd of elephant manhunters. The hunter died, and my colonist got stomped trying to save him. He miraculously recovered before bleeding out and managed to patch himself. Still lost a toe in the process. Lesson learned: be more careful with elephants.

A toxic fallout also proved more difficult than expected. It turns out that poisoned animals are not edible. Fortunately, there were enough surviving berries to get by, and nearby settlements also had food. Had the fallout lasted longer, things might have turned ugly.

My colonist thought that traps would make a good defense. The universe disagreed. He lost an ear to his own trap. Then, a manhunter horde wiped out the traps used by the colony. A war council was convened.

It was established that the colony was now defenseless. The amount of work needed to replace the traps was subject to much debate. Everyone agreed that stone and steel were much too expensive to spend on traps. But, wooden traps could be viable given that wood is cheap in a jungle. Ultimately, the prevailing conclusion was that traps weren't very practical anymore. It was no longer possible to lay out a bunch of traps to secure a large perimeter; manhunters would destroy them before they could be hauled. Plus, it was a chore to constantly rebuild them, and not resource-effective in terms of wood and time. Moreover, they kill instead of knocking out, making recruitment more difficult.

The final decision was to rush turret research and only use wooden traps as a stop-gap solution.

NagashUD

Traps are more expensive and less afforfable, a bit more powerfull but i still prefer to rearm them imo.

Infestations are still OP..  5 hives spawning around 30 insects on tribe start is gamekilling.. plus infections for everyone of course; gut worms and mental breaks.

Didn't survive long enough to try turrets (Phoebe survival struggle)

[attachment deleted due to age]

NagashUD

Here is the graph ( file is too big ...? )

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

New build went up a few hours ago. Mostly fixes here.

Note the friendly fire bug has been fixed.

---

Added a "(angers faction)" string to the "Capture" FloatMenu option if it's a member of a non-hostile faction. We now also send a message when that happens.
Crashing drop pods no longer explode.
Fix: Arrested wild men wander out of their prison cell.
Fix: Traps back compatibility errors.
Animals now instantly go to newly assigned animal areas when player assigns them.
Animals' "follow master" setting is now off by default.
Fix: History recorders errors after abandoning the last colony.
We now remove incorrectly loaded history auto recorders after loading.
Fix: CompressUtility streams not disposed properly.
Friendly fire chance, when the shot lands in the cell with the ally, is now scaled by distance from the shooter just like intercept chance.
Cleaned up the reservation system.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

anitram

Quote from: Tynan on July 24, 2018, 12:57:47 AM

Animals now instantly go to newly assigned animal areas when player assigns them.

Thank you very much.

Teleblaster18

I believe that I'm experiencing the same "target ground" bug that others have mentioned earlier in today's build.

My grenadier would be given the order, and the game would pause, but no grenade would be thrown.

Tynan

Quote from: Teleblaster18 on July 24, 2018, 01:52:28 AM
I believe that I'm experiencing the same "target ground" bug that others have mentioned earlier in today's build.

My grenadier would be given the order, and the game would pause, but no grenade would be thrown.

Yep, this is next on the fix list. Simple bug, NBD.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

mlzovozlm

guys, is there any 'native' bug in 1.0.1973? i went through the bug thread but seems like most of the bugs in 1.0 for each of the 19xx 're compability ones
i got a bit tired of all the bugs caused by changes so gonna stay in 1973 for a whole run before catching up to any of the new 19xx in the future

Snowcaller

Wow, Tynan. The pace of updates, tweaks and evil bugs being squished is astounding.
Will there be a point where the pace of updating slows?
I start over a lot atm :).

I hope when it comes to the refining stage with my little project I can be as industrious.

Love Rimworld, 909 hours logged so far!

mcduff

New game, played on Large Hills rather than mountains, temperate forest, to see if traps were still an option when you can't just close off one entrance.

Mostly it can still work, but I have found that I'm back to using stone rather than steel a lot of the time because of the cost. You still can't guarantee to one-shot an enemy with a trap, so you could be spending 120 steel to take down one pawn.

Could I suggest that maybe a mid point could be for traps to only have a fixed number of uses before needing to be reloaded, like the turret barrel thing?

EG, traps cost 50 stuff, you get 4 triggers, then you have to spend 30 to repair the busted mechanism?

As far as turrets go, haven't built any mini turrets yet. I've got the research for the autocannons and the sniper turrets but have only just managed to get enough plasteel for the multi-analyser. Still trying to work out where to put them, especially the sniper turret. The thing is, the enemy's tactic is normally "swarm the fuck out of you with a massive mob." Sniping is sort of the wrong counter to that, you want something that's more aoe and rapid fire, a kind of flak cannon, cluster bomb style thing to soften people up before they hit your colonists. One kill shots is fine but it's going to leave 15 or 20 people left standing and then by the time it's reloaded they've reached you and are attacking the turret. At least mini turrets are cheapish so if they explode you don't feel like you wasted vast amounts of resources.

Greep

Hah. About to update my mod for tweaking raid sizes with the main extended goal being

A)Having the cap influenced by difficulty
B)Using 4000 instead of 5000 as base Rough cap

And in the latest patches you

A) Did just that
B) Used that exact value  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I'm suddenly a little paranoid lol. Well now's a good time to get back to playing instead of modding  ::)
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

sadpickle

A couple of small bugs I noticed, nothing major.

A wild man died (wandered into traps and I finished them off) and one of my pawns got the "friend died" debuff despite having no social history. it was the pawn that beat them to death if that matters.

Watermill gen has some incorrect grammar in the description.

Koek

Toxic fallout/Cassandra rough: My tribe just got wiped out by starvation due to a toxic fallout. I got to the 10th day of the fallout (only because wild berry bushes don't seem to suffer from the fallout) and was trying to rush electricity to get a greenhouse going, but alas, I failed.
I had 2 researcher whose only other task was tending the rice, cotton and small healroot farm I had, so most days they were full time researching.
Edit: I had beds, clothing and machining researched and was starting on plate armor when the fallout started. I switched to electricity.

My next tribe will research beds first, because those give a decent mood boost and better rested pawns (question, do wounded pawns heal faster in a bed? I think so, but am not sure), and electricity afterwards, leaving clothing and smithing for a later date. I'll just have to walk around in tribal gear for a bit longer and make due with the weapons the raiders bring me.
Most maps have boomalopes which are pretty easy to train (please make those 0% agressive on taming fail :) ), so after getting my initial farms up, I'll tame 1 or 2 to prepare for my first chemfuel generators.

Seems to me a tribe on rough is a gamble. Either you rush for plate armor to be able to have better chances against a possible mechanoid fight (which wiped out my previous tribe 1 shotting most of my pawns), or rush electricity for the eventual toxic fallout, because a greenhouse is a must have for that event. I might be wrong and just suck as a player though...

Wish me luck

Cheers :)