Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashthechinchilla

I really appreciate that a lot of my favorite mod features are now vanilla. It is a real salute to the work done by those modders.

I am slightly disappointed with the animal changes, but I get it. The animal kill army was a real easy button.

Modo44

Do dormant hives spawned at map creation still attack as soon as it gets cold?

Razghul

Does cleanliness of the kitchen affect food poison chance in 1.0 ? If so cleanliness should be highlighted in the "room-view (impressiveness). It is highlighted in a laboratory, but not in the kitchen. I´m confused :)

saulysw

Awesome, thank you dev team! Reading through the change notes (and really savouring them!), these selected 4 items struck me as being changes that would impact my playstyle in particular --

-Frag grenades are no longer a valid hunting weapon  << Very sad about this, as it was my fav way of dealing with Alphabeavers
-Settling very near another faction base will now cause faction relations loss every quadrum because of anger due to territorial encroachment  << Makes sense. I always set up as close to another faction as I could to minimise travel (one free tile between). I have to balance that now. I wonder what a safe distance is?
--Sowing trees takes 8x longer. << Yikes! 8x? Tree sowing was already not fast so now... so slow.
--Healroot grow days 6.5 -> 12, sow and harvest work increased significantly. << I've had colonies really hanging on a thread of the healroot crop coming in, particularly early game in biomes where there isn't much or any. This change seems fairly harsh.

On saying that, I have not played 1.0 yet, only found out about it a few minutes ago, but I'm REALLY keen to get into the new Rimworld! Yay! I'll report back on my progress (or demise more likely).

Tynan

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I've been reading carefully and we've got a new build going up with some fixes and balance changes.

Less predators, less raspberries, slower goodwill shift with other factions over time, a bunch more naming content, richer deep mining, and a variety of bugfixes. Oh, and the game will auto-use backstory translations even if the identifier numbers don't match exactly (because they change when the description does).

Much of this won't take effect until you start a new game.

Please keep feedback coming!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

name_here

Clicking anywhere outside bill settings no longer close it.

Can we have b18 behavior back please.

https://i.imgur.com/zeeUCH8.png

saulysw

Brief story of colony "Doomed 2". Naked Brutality ('cos - was not?), Cassandra Classic, Some Challenge. Temperate Forest with road, river and some hills. Decent distance away from other colonies.

Landed. Harvested some oversized berries first to have something to eat, then chopping down trees. Realized that it is actually liberating not to have to haul a bunch of crap as first thing to do. Made a nook by a mountain the base and roofed it and walled it, some steel there too as a bonus. Got a bed and table to eat at. Started a farm. There was a Lynx lurking about but it did me some favours and killed a few small animals but didn't fully eat them so I took what was left. Got a wood fired cooking table and butcher table going. A visitor came by and I quickly mined 2 silver to buy some basic meds and pemmican, not much though. They left. Things were looking ok. Then she ate a bad meal and got food poisoning, and a few moments later crashed on the floor, helpless. That was when the squirrel went mad, and circled the house but despite a door being open did not attack. When she recovered, the squirrel had disappeared.

Then, a Shaman called Tyspin was being chased and wanted refuge. I took him in - I needed more hands.. but this was not a good idea. He popped on the map and had clothes at least but was ... a go-juice addict and worse, non-violent. Ugh. Not what I needed. He could cook well and do most other things, so still might turn out ok, I was hopeful. Then the chaser appeared with ... an LMG in his hands. Oh dear. My starting pawn only had a club. I managed to lure him into my base for hand-to-hand but was pretty lame at melee and she went down early and got kidnapped. Down to this one non-violent go-juice addict Tyspin then. Not much time passed before the first real raid, and what could I do? I should have built traps I suppose, but I only think of that now. He got clubbed like the baby seal he was and my story ended.

So how was all this compared to previous versions? Starting naked and with nothing is supposed to be hard, and it was, to a point. I'm used to rich explorer so it seemed normal. That food poisoning is a bitch. Other than that, I noticed a few obvious changes, including some fantastic quality of life changes like being able to expand a zone just by clicking on it then the expand option is there. Pawns seem more efficient in general and need slightly less micro managing to get them to do what you want. I didn't get too far into the game, obviously, but from what I could see it was all good stuff, well done all involved. No bugs or issues seen. Want to get back into the next adventure!

Here is how it ended... https://photos.app.goo.gl/SpMe4PcVMd7TjrRQ9

ChJees

Since you guys squished together leathers why not do the same for meats? Would cut down on the clutter a lot.

So instead of having 2 x squirrel meat and 73 x rat meat you now got 75 x rodent\animal meat. Was a spontaneous thought in the Discord server. Make a helluva lot of sense to me.

Bones

Quote from: ChJees on June 18, 2018, 07:06:07 AM
Since you guys squished together leathers why not do the same for meats? Would cut down on the clutter a lot.

So instead of having 2 x squirrel meat and 73 x rat meat you now got 75 x rodent\animal meat. Was a spontaneous thought in the Discord server. Make a helluva lot of sense to me.

I agree, it would make sense to divide if there were different bonuses for eating different meats.

Also, having lots of different types of meat makes it difficult to manage the nutrient paste dispenser since you have to manually remove the meat from the hopper if the number is lower than sufficient to make another nutrient meal.

Alenerel

An user posted this and I heavily agree with this small improvement:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/8rvshx/with_10_coming_soon_i_really_hope_this_annoying/

I also think that since the heavy blaster is like a sniper, it should be shaped sniper like... Like a long charge rifle. Instead of a potato.

Yoshida Keiji

So far in all my games between A16 and B18, I used to schedule the last hour before sleep for Recreation so that pawns who travel far for any purpose be it mining, foraging, wood cutting etc, would return "home" and "time" better their sleep. But since version 1.0 UN, I will have to figure another way around...because pawns are wandering off to map borders...which is both stupid and dangerous. Any raid will instantly catch my colonists. Please revert this behavior to older versions. Make it so that colonists avoid getting at least 25~50 tiles away from the map border or the white line that prohibits any further construction. This behavior is mindless and unwise.

PatrykSzczescie

What about hostile spacers from ancient ruins that keep attacking pawns and animals, destroying everything built by a player and when there's nothing left, they wander around the map? The problem is that they won't leave the map even if they starve.

Jimyoda

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on June 18, 2018, 08:55:58 AM
So far in all my games between A16 and B18, I used to schedule the last hour before sleep for Recreation so that pawns who travel far for any purpose be it mining, foraging, wood cutting etc, would return "home" and "time" better their sleep. But since version 1.0 UN, I will have to figure another way around...because pawns are wandering off to map borders...which is both stupid and dangerous. Any raid will instantly catch my colonists. Please revert this behavior to older versions. Make it so that colonists avoid getting at least 25~50 tiles away from the map border or the white line that prohibits any further construction. This behavior is mindless and unwise.
That could worthy of a bug report, though you haven't made the details clear. Maybe the pawn(s) 'wandered' off in a 'wandering' mental break. Or maybe an actual bug made them ignore their allowed area. I'm just guessing. Perhaps just upload a save file so we can see what's happening.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

xion1088

Tynan man love your game and what you're doing with it, I love it so much that I once worked in the Spanish translations, if you or the Spanish team still needs help I'm up for you but can you please remove the chance of bugs spawning when deep drilling? That's some scary stuff.

Yoshida Keiji

I meant "Wandering" as a Recreation/Joy when they are just walking around. Until B18, pawns would walk relatively close to the base. But now in V1.0 they are walking up to the map borders, in a very suicidal length. They must stay somewhat close.

I mean, until now, even if they went outside your city walls...they wouldn't go all the way out of the safe zone. This behavior I'm analyzing in Unrestricted, I never had a problem before...but now.