Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusmeat

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 26, 2018, 07:34:53 AM
Shouldn't the workLeft for smoothing stone walls (and floors if possible) be stored in the Things themselves rather than the JobDrivers? It seems odd that interrupting somebody's smoothing job just magically reverts all of that person's progress on smoothing stone stuff.

with how long it takes to plant trees also, this would be nice

PatrykSzczescie

Has anyone tested if caravaning gives more food than staying in the base?

NagashUD

Quote from: Teleblaster18 on June 26, 2018, 04:49:27 PM
Quote from: NagashUD on June 26, 2018, 04:40:55 PM
Hmmmm my dog got the plague, and i can't use first aid until the dog goes to the animal bed; what i mean is it loses so much time before i can treat the dog. Maybe  an action "goes to your bed" (being the owner of the dog could be an idea) could fix some pets problems ?

I've yet to tame my first animal in 1.0, but the old solution to this was to set up a medical bill for that animal (Anesthetize), and then order a pawn to take it to an Animal Bed/Sleeping spot so the animal would stop walking around.  You'd then cancel the "Anesthetize" order on the Medical Bill, and order a colonist to treat the now-stationary animal.  My guess is that this would still work with 1.0.

Yup seems like it still works, thanks for the tip !

NagashUD

Well about quests, isn't that too much requests ? i mean it feels like i get some every rimworld days . Is that intentional or still require some balance about ?

Ardshael

Resurrector serum should remove "witnessed allys death" as well as resurrecting the pawn. After all, the pawn is no longer dead. Heck, if anything they should get a slight happiness that they aren't dead anymore.

Gfurst

Quote from: NagashUD on June 26, 2018, 05:57:26 PM
Well about quests, isn't that too much requests ? i mean it feels like i get some every rimworld days . Is that intentional or still require some balance about ?
Yeah it feels like they're too often, even though don't have to fulfill them at all. It add to variety, but I've guess it could be tuned down. Maybe a countdown?

Quote from: PatrykSzczescie on June 26, 2018, 05:53:02 PM
Has anyone tested if caravaning gives more food than staying in the base?
I highly doubt that's the case, but someone could do the testing with high skilled growers. Thing is, the "days of food" stat seem to account for foraging capacity, so in most of cases even when there was high foraging we would still run out of food eventually.

Quote from: Crow_T on June 26, 2018, 05:19:29 PM
Animals: I feel as though the different training categories could have different variables. Obedience could fade away slowest and/or only require trainer time* as opposed to food. The other categories would require food/ more upkeep. Perhaps a system where animals with multiple skills, or each more important skill, requires a higher level trainer.
It may be only my impression, but it seems that the higher training decays first. And it feels pretty low too, I stopped training one of my fully trained dogs (wildness 0), for a like a year already and its training barely dropped at all.

Mihsan

I greatly underestimated how awesome this new armor system. At first I was sure that anything from flak vest to power armor will work exactly the same with constant 50% blunt damage... And then I see this manhunting event with 11 alpha beavers whille I have only 2 brawlers and 1 charge rifle on an open field. My fear was that I will get overrun in no time. Pawn in flak vest gets downed very fast with a lot of bleeding wounds. Two pawns in power armor get decent number of zero damage hits and some light bruises w/o going above medium pain. My skepticism is gone: love this new system and how power armor works in it.

Another note: I saw penetration stats on tribal weapons and they are disturbingly high. Is this for balansing reasons?

Also: how about armor on walls and turrets?

[attachment deleted due to age]
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

wastelandr

Played v .1946 with NB on Randy Hard
Picked a random starting location (Arid Shrubland, permanent summer) with small hills. I got a Wanderer joins on the first day. The 2 pawns complimented each other nicely. I decided to not act like tribals and instead get electricity up and running asap. I was short on components but the next day a chased refugee that was a Digger appeared and I took him. He mined the components well and constructed and planted decently. Unfortunately he was a drug addict. We got a windmill generator, a cook stove and even a freezer running with a nice plot of rice in rich soil near the base. We were working on building separate bedrooms from scavenged slate blocks when things took a turn for the worse. A heat wave hit and the original pawn died of heatstroke after several mental breaks and long wanders out in the heat. The second pawn was killed in a fire fight versus a raider with a revolver. She had a machine pistol that she had walked in with but the range and accuracy on the revolver was too much better than her weapon and down she went. The drug addicted digger died last, downed by withdrawal with no one to care for him. He starved to death.

It was a good play experience although short. I think the resources and animals and plants on the map were well balanced. There were some but not too many, resources really mattered but were manageable, which is exactly what I would expect on a resource constrained biome. I don't think I could have managed the outcome much better though. The odds were stacked against us pretty hard from the start and my goal wasn't to win (escape) but rather to see how long I could survive.

Alenerel

Since you added that feature where if you select several raiders it shows what weapons they have, it would be nice if it also showed how many of them there are. For example, if there are two pistols, show a x2 in the pistol icon.

NagashUD

Quote from: Gfurst on June 26, 2018, 06:10:55 PM
Quote from: NagashUD on June 26, 2018, 05:57:26 PM
Yeah it feels like they're too often, even though don't have to fulfill them at all. It add to variety, but I've guess it could be tuned down. Maybe a countdown?

Well B18 quests were perfect for the timing imo, making each one of them important;

Bones

I'm on Cassandra Hard and 17 raiders just came from pods, 15 of them have either grenades or molotovs. Bye bye colony.

EDIT: Got it somehow, they spent more time blowing up my wall rather than trying to attack my pawns.

[attachment deleted due to age]

quattheduck

First Post: Came here hoping Tynan would read this.

I think that Thrumbo Rates should be adjusted.  As it stands, Thrumbo Farming is nearly impossible.  For a few patches I've tried it for fun, and it's just not really doable, unless you want to play a 25+ year game.

With recent increases to gestation period, and severe increase to the time it takes to plant/grow trees, keeping thrumbos, and trying to breed them is indeed difficult.

I understand you want the game difficult, but I feel that breeding thrumbos should at least be possible, within 5 years or so, instead 15 years.  I understand you want to add to the mystique of them by making them hard to breed, but I think it would be more fun if they were REALLY DIFFICULT to breed, but not 15 years difficult. 

Thrumbos already have a massive appetite(which makes them not profitable already... but that's fine), and are nearly useless in battle, because they quickly accumulate long term injuries(which makes them weak, even if they survive).

I just think the gestation period, and more importantly, the time it takes to reach adulthood should be tweaked a bit.  The addition of animal hormones(with side effects... that would really fit in with the game). 

I think that having some Thrumbos breeding could be the equivalent of making 30 Gold Large Legendary sculptures.  They could be a symbol of wealth, and another "END GAME" option for players.  As you know, most players don't even finish the game.  Allowing players to create thrumbo farms would be a MUCH more entertaining end game, and resource sink than building gold statues, or floors.  Minimally, it offers diversity, with no real drawbacks(besides slightly demystifying the Thrumbo... but I think the benefits outweigh the costs).

Ser Kitteh

In regards to mood buffs that should be applied, with only the first two being repeats:

1. Colonists that are saved do not get a "IM SAVED" moodlet despite their family members do.
2. Colonists should be totally be happy when their dead friend/family gets revived. I have like, four resurrect serum ready to be used if needed.
3. Colonists should be somewhat psyched if their "pained" part of their body gets fixed. A scar on a limb should get like a +2 whereas someone that's been blinded should be psyched for a quite a while.
4. Colonists that get rif off their addictions should also be somewhat glad they kicked the habit.
5. Considering the recreation drain for caravans, a simple, like 3 day "went travelling for a while" would also be nice.

Teleblaster18

It seems that my game has changed difficulty from "Rough (the new Hard)" to "Medium (the old Some Challenge) sometime during the last update, possibly when the game difficulty terms were changed;  I just noticed it by accident.

Others may wish to go in and check their difficulty level, as well;  I'm positive I didn't change this on my own.

Has anyone noted this happening in the forum previously?

Awe

Quote from: quattheduck on June 26, 2018, 09:39:29 PM
With recent increases to gestation period, and severe increase to the time it takes to plant/grow trees, keeping thrumbos, and trying to breed them is indeed difficult.

Feed them with simple meals, not trees.  :P 4x rations compared to pawn not that difficult.