Quality of Life mods you will be sad are gone till moders patch 1.0

Started by ashaffee, June 17, 2018, 10:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashaffee

I know that 1.0 isn't finished but personally I was ready to start a new game anyway and might as well start it on 1.0. It has been a while since I've had an unmodded experience and almost forgot some of these things weren't in the game while playing. Here are my favorite mods that I struggle to play without because the are sooo good. What are yours?

While your up - It pains my soul to have to micromanage a colonist to pick something up after they went half way across the map to mine components.

Mass Graves - While it may be cheating the desire to make cremation. I still think the labor required to make graves for all these raiders is insane. Dump them in a mass hole like old war stories.

Work tab - I basically never played without this mod. Being able to tell my colonist to all work on very specific tasks and having an option of 1-9 instead of 1-4 gave so much more control without tedious micro managing. I could tell one crafter to always do medicine and another to do stone blocks. One person could always smith my components and other work on my weapons. By far my favorite mod in the game.

Refugee stats - These events are so much more difficult as they stand. But couple that in with the chance to get a depressive pyromaniac that is none violent and won't do dumb labor. With the mod I rarely accept these missions without the mod I regret it 90% of the time I do accept them.

gillsminnow

PlainOldCookies

Quote from: ashaffee on June 17, 2018, 10:55:13 PM
While your up - It pains my soul to have to micromanage a colonist to pick something up after they went half way across the map to mine components.

Actually, this is now added to the game by default I think. From the patch notes:

-Colonists now opportunistically haul things while working if their current target is roughly in the same direction

ashaffee

In my play through they do no such thing. They will either do 1 task and haul ( hate this because they are hauling way below their max weight) Or they leave the item out there to pick up when I lower hauling down. My current strategy is really micromanaged. Put hauling on a 4 for everyone so they don't stop their current task to pick up 1 small stack. Then after all task are complete I put hauling on a 1 for everyone while microing the to pick up items as they travel back.

xion1088

MW Smarter Food Selection
MW Sync Grown
Stack XXL
Allow Tool (Mainly for urgent haul)
Deep Ore Identifier
Hand Me That Brick
Stack Merger

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: xion1088 on June 18, 2018, 10:27:56 AM
MW Smarter Food Selection
MW Sync Grown
Stack XXL
Allow Tool (Mainly for urgent haul)
Deep Ore Identifier
Hand Me That Brick
Stack Merger

Stack Merger is in vanilla now apparently.

My response to topic at hand:
Allow Tool
Cleaning Area
Probably would have listed some of Fluffy's mods as well, but he has them ready to go!! :)

Akyla

Hand me that brick is also in vanilla now.

I have noted this in game.

Dargaron

Probably the Predator Hunt Alert. It's kind of tedious when a random Lynx decides to home in on your colonist and the first warning is "Colonist is Under Attack."

Also, Dismiss Trader. Because if I let the traders hang around too long, a wolf will try to eat someone, and then half the caravan gets fresh bullet holes from friendly fire.

kraftwerkd

Stack XXL
Static Quality +
QualityBuilder
QualitySurgeon
P-Music

Oblitus

Stack XXL (1000% must have)
Replace Stuff
Quality Builder
WM Smarter Food Selection (essential, really)
WM Sync Growth (growers won't run to harvest a single plant all the time)
Mending (makes high-quality items actually reasonable to use instead of selling them)
Jecs Hunting With Traps (strategically placed traps are awesome)
Simply Soil (greenhouses without many inconveniences of hydroponics)
Minify Everything (I won't build a new deep drill for every spot, dixi)
Deep Ore Identifier
RimFridge
Allow Tool
Wanderer Stat (no, I don't want to blindly accept depressive pyromaniac who won't do a thing and then exile them with a mood debuff)

ashaffee

The food selector mod is definitely highly missed as well! Sometimes I want my prisoners eating lavish meals sometimes they get corpses to eat. Plus telling animals to go graze first doesn't seem un reasonable too me.

Depleted

Advanced power generation, allowtool, area unlocker, avoidfriendlyfire, blueprints, ss bigger batteries and ss battery fuse, lt doormat, expanded roofing, f*ckfriendlyfire, heat map, haul to stack, hospitality, just ignore me passing, killfeed, locks, map reroll, mass graves, modswitch, more funiture, floored, carpets of the rainbow, more floors, more planning, no random construction quality, no random breakdown + no random shortcircuit, path avoid, pharmacist, edb prepare carefully, pick up and haul, pawns are capable, priorityclean mod, quarry, qualitybuilder & qualitysurgeon, rimroads, repair workbench, rimfridge, replace stuff, roof support, share the load, smoked meat, DE Surgeries, shooting skill enhanced, stack xxl, starship troopers apparel & arachnids hardcore edition, supply and demand, turret collection, RT's weapon pack, while you're up, visible pants, labels on floor. all QoL mods for me LUL

Wanderer_joins

• medical tab
  • numbers
  • urgent haul
  • vein miner
  • no forced slowdown

Canute

EdB prepare carefully is something i will miss.
The Scenario editor is ok, but i like to have special pawn's for special scenario's.
Maybe someone else pickup EdB's work since he left RW modding.

Dingo

Quote from: Akyla on June 18, 2018, 11:43:44 AM
Hand me that brick is also in vanilla now.

I have noted this in game.

Wowee, didn't even notice that at first! Probably because it's under general hauling in priority (pawns only haul to blueprints if they have nothing else to haul, seems dumb). Even more of my mods getting implemented it seems. :D