[1.1] ED-Embrasures - 2.0.0.0

Started by Jaxxa, July 02, 2018, 08:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

Quote from: RicRider on September 04, 2018, 08:40:28 PM
Thanks for updating this, it's one of my must haves. Jaxxa do you mind clearing something up? Was something changed in the way these work in B19? I remember in B18 I used to use these as 'cheap vents'. So I'd be in a boreal forest map and stick them in the walls of my freezer and it would cool the room (especially useful for medieval playthroughs). Now though in B19 I noticed that these embrasures cause the room to be considered 'outdoors' so all my food rotted before I picked up on what was going on. Is this just because of the B19 change or did  you change something with the way they work?

The other question I had was is there a difference in graphics now? I could have sworn that these embrasures synced up nicely with the walls they were built next to but now they kind of look a bit off, like they're not connected.

Anyway let me know if something's not clear and I'll try to get you some screenshots at the earliest chance.

The rotting thing is vanilla
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

RicRider

I understand that, but I always assumed these embrasures were just modified walls that let the temperature in. Maybe I'm wrong.
##Coding Scrub##

rawrfisher

Nah there was some form of change in I think B18 that made em equalize the temperature with the Room they are connected to
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Canute

Quote from: RicRider on September 04, 2018, 10:07:56 PM
I understand that, but I always assumed these embrasures were just modified walls that let the temperature in. Maybe I'm wrong.
Nope they are more impassable sandbags with roof support not walls.

At last not walls that can create/seperate rooms.

Mst

Is there a way to fix the graphics of these embrasures?
Now the windows (or how they are properly called?) are uneven and it really stands out.

Kaaven

Hey, I have a small problem with the mod. Namely, the embrasures cannot be shot through... I've put the mod at the very bottom of my load order and it still does not seem to work. Anyone having that too?

Canute

Kaaven,
did you try it with the mod only at a test colony ?
If that works, another mod conflict with it.

Or did you maybe download the master branch ? Then you are missing the assemblies and the mod can't work.

Mst

Never mind. Since I am the only one complaining I changed the textures to my personal taste.

Kaaven

Quote from: Canute on September 06, 2018, 04:09:25 PM
Kaaven,

Or did you maybe download the master branch ? Then you are missing the assemblies and the mod can't work.

Yeah, it was a mod conflict. The embrasures do not work if you have Doors Expanded also active.

drd23

Quote from: Kaaven on September 06, 2018, 06:43:50 PMYeah, it was a mod conflict. The embrasures do not work if you have Doors Expanded also active.
That's odd.  I have both mods active and embrasures work just fine for me

Canute

Quote from: Kaaven on September 06, 2018, 06:43:50 PM
Quote from: Canute on September 06, 2018, 04:09:25 PM
Kaaven,

Yeah, it was a mod conflict. The embrasures do not work if you have Doors Expanded also active.
Doors expanded got an update shortly, about line of sight issues.
Did you update Doors expanded ?

Kaaven

Quote from: Canute on September 07, 2018, 03:19:24 AM
Doors expanded got an update shortly, about line of sight issues.
Did you update Doors expanded ?

Yeah, the problem is with the latest version available (non-Steam).

Syrchalis

I fixed the embrasures now entirely. The holes are the same distance apart, only there where it makes sense (no + or T section holes, because pawns can't be behind those anyway, except the flat side of the T, which has a hole).

I also took the time to make proper appearances for all three of the vanilla types (smooth, bricks, planks) and for neo, which is the orassan hexagon pattern, which I also made for Diana a while back.

You have to change

<graphicData>
<texPath>Things/Building/Linked/Embrasure</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Appearances</graphicClass>
</graphicData>

Inside "Linked" make a folder "Embrasure" and inside that folder put the four PNGs, similar to a graphic_stackcount or graphic_multi. The appearances are saved on the stuff, so nothing further is necessary.

Also a new menu icon, this time without the brick pattern, because the vanilla wall UI icon has no pattern either (there are some in the assets, but they are never used)

The actual vanilla brick pattern has some errors (see my bug report here) - this is already fixed for these assets.

Here are the files:

[attachment deleted due to age]
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

krnja21

Quote from: Kaaven on September 07, 2018, 08:58:59 AM

Yeah, the problem is with the latest version available (non-Steam).

Litteraly having the same problem here, still waiting for the Doors Expanded to be properly updated on the non-steam version.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Syrchalis on September 08, 2018, 03:43:28 PM
I fixed the embrasures now entirely. The holes are the same distance apart, only there where it makes sense (no + or T section holes, because pawns can't be behind those anyway, except the flat side of the T, which has a hole).

Hey Syrchalis , that look great. Do you mind if I use them in the mod?