Started by dragonalumni, July 06, 2018, 11:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonalumni

I think Rimworld is tired of being compared to Prison Architect and Dwarf Fortress, so from now on I think it's better to compare it to Darkest Dungeon.

Aka, everything was nerfed.

Falcon_the_Slut

I cant decipher what you're sobbing about.

Ramsis

Thanks for the attempt. <3
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

TheMeInTeam

Armor was certainly not nerfed.

5thHorseman

As someone who played DD a lot before and after 1.0...

...wat?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Perq

Oh no, gaem is hard :( what cna we posibal do :((((

I crie everi tiem.

Seriously, if you really thought all the broken strats will stay forever, you are kind of silly. Try understanding what was done and why, instead of complaining about stuff getting nerfed.
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

RemingtonRyder

RimWorld is about making stories. The storytelling part doesn't suffer because of nerfs, but it does mean that the stories will now tend to be a bit more grim and dark, occasionally with moments of pure awesome sprinkled in there. :D

Seriously, just play it and figure out some new strategies. Mine, in Naked Brutality, is to be completely unashamed in throwing down wooden deadfall traps. Which is what a lone person trying to survive with limited resources would do, I think.

vzoxz0

The game got easier, but the difficulties were scaled up to compensate. Extreme is now Randy Extreme, Hard is now Extreme, and Medium is for wimps like myself.

dragonalumni

Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 06, 2018, 02:42:34 PM
Seriously, just play it and figure out some new strategies. Mine, in Naked Brutality, is to be completely unashamed in throwing down wooden deadfall traps.
Make sure you research that new lovely learn to plant a tree tech.

Kirby23590

Quote from: dragonalumni on July 06, 2018, 11:36:11 AM
I think Rimworld is tired of being compared to Prison Architect and Dwarf Fortress, so from now on I think it's better to compare it to Darkest Dungeon.

Aka, everything was nerfed.

Uhhhh what?

Darkest dungeon let's you control 4 heroes and easy missions are easy for level 0 or 1 heroes until it gets harder and harder missions take over easier ones and level 4 heroes would refuse to go in easy missions to help out newbie or fresh recruited heroes unless in curtain events which you can loose a good hero permanently.

Why not compare it to the sims series instead? ;)

Both games have you building Houses / Rooms and Neighborhoods / Colonies including controlling individuals people to perform curtain actions.
Though like spanking a random sim to create a nemesis compared to hitting a pawn that's in a mental daze because he has a plague.

Etc.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

cultist

The main thing that screws you over in DD is a combination of poor planning/inexperience and RnG. Rimworld is, and has always been, the same. I don't see how anything changed.

Kirby23590

Quote from: cultist on July 07, 2018, 06:52:58 AM
The main thing that screws you over in DD is a combination of poor planning/inexperience and RnG. Rimworld is, and has always been, the same. I don't see how anything changed.

Yea.

I almost lost a good plague doctor in that game in a level 6 ruins from a group of spiders because the RNG is being evil.

Unlike in rimworld you could avoid these by putting a wounded pawn out of harms way from a pack of manhunting cobras.

Games that allow me to put someone out of danger of be close an RTS game like warcraft or starcraft. But i think it's more fare to compare rimworld to another game like Sims to control the behavior of the sims to avoid well the girl attacking another girl because of something stupid or to avoid embarrassment to that sim. :P

Atleast in prison architect you could control some personnel mostly emergencies services ones and fully control the armed guards to control the situation if a prison riot jumps in.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ashaffee

I don't understand when people cry about difficulty when it lets you adjust difficulty in so many ways. From story teller to biome. To edit scenario. Also the endless broken mods. Are you upset that he is nerfing broken strategies like boars and kill boxes?

dragonalumni

Quote from: ashaffee on July 07, 2018, 01:48:21 PM
"I don't understand when people cry about difficulty"
I'm not crying about difficulty. I'm simply suggesting that rimworld has become more like darkest dungeon (the game that nerfed every fun strategy) than prison archiect (graphically) or dwarf fortress (strategically).

I welcome alternative opinions. 

Scavenger

Quote from: dragonalumni on July 07, 2018, 12:01:03 AM
Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 06, 2018, 02:42:34 PM
Seriously, just play it and figure out some new strategies. Mine, in Naked Brutality, is to be completely unashamed in throwing down wooden deadfall traps.
Make sure you research that new lovely learn to plant a tree tech.
I am quite sure traps will be changed or nerfed, too similar to the old cheeses. Little skill or effort required for far too much dmg.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde