What recreation schedules do you use for 1.0?

Started by mndfreeze, July 13, 2018, 10:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mndfreeze

I used to always go with 6 to 8 hours of set sleep schedule time, then throw in an hour of rec, then work, with hour of rec in the middle, work again, then hour before bed.  In 1.0 I'm really struggling to find a schedule that gives pawns enough time to finish rec activities and happen often enough to keep them satisfied along with work and sleep.

What schedules are you all using that seem to be mostly working out?

Frettzo

I use 22-6 sleep, 6-9 anything, 9-19 work, 19-22 anything. The pawns will generally seek recreation should they need it during the "anything" hours. The schedule has worked fairly well for me so far. I do the same with night owls too, just switching the schedule so that sleep ends up in 11-18 or so.

Basically, 3 hours of "free time" before going to bed and after waking up.

Syrchalis

I always let them do recreation when they choose to. So I leave the default setting, except for nightowls of course. In case of a quick sleeper I let them work till 0:00, they will be up as fast or still faster than the rest.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

BlackSmokeDMax

For the most part I leave them on sleep (22-6 for day shift) (9-17 for night shift) and leave everything else set to do whatever they want.

If someone starts getting a problem, or if someone is mining far from home, I'll give them joy either right before bed time or right when they wake up.

Canute

Maybe you should try to put them at 24h, do anything.
Then they sleep, eat and doing recreation when they are need it.

mndfreeze

Part of the reason I try not to use the 'anything' schedule for everything is because that's what causes pawns to do strange stuff like build a few blocks of a wall or whatever then run off to go play hoopstone when their rec bar isn't even that low, or where you have to literally fight them to manually prioritize something over something else. 

I used to use the 'anything' for the entire mapping as well for a while and it did seem to work great on keeping them happy, but in addition to the above mentioned issues I started having problems in raids where half my people were ultra hungry or sleep deprived when te raid hit while others were refreshed because they were so off schedule with each other. 

Going to try 22-6 sleep, 6-9 anything, 9-19 work, 19-22 work and see if that gives a big enough of a buffer time for everyone to fill up required bars but not stop working halfway through projects for silly shit.

Frettzo

Quote from: mndfreeze on July 13, 2018, 12:49:18 PM
Going to try 22-6 sleep, 6-9 anything, 9-19 work, 19-22 work and see if that gives a big enough of a buffer time for everyone to fill up required bars but not stop working halfway through projects for silly shit.

Sorry, I messed up when I first explained my schedule. 19-22 isn't "work", it's "anything". With this schedule you get 10 hours of guaranteed work per day, and if you've got enough recreation types tat number can jump up to 12-13 hours per day.

ashaffee

One thing I am experimenting with now is 8 hours of sleep and all hours of recreation needed before bed. I think they need 3 mandatory in 1.0 maybe 4.  Goal is for them to enjoy social drugs before bed and wake up sober. Plus they won't stop working to run off on cloud watching. Having them do all their recreation at night allows them to hang out by their beds instead of walk a mile away to mine components only to change their mind after 1% of the completed job every day.

Greep

Mine has pretty much always been default sleep, then 5 hours joy, then anything, then 5 hours joy then sleep.  Joy only makes them do joy if their recreation is below the highest setting so they get a lot of work done anywaya.  Hopeful in the midday they should be full of joy and when set to anything they only do joy if it's lacking (which it won't be).  I've seen pawns do really stupid things in the past when set to "work", so I've avoided it (namely, they won't sleep, and sometimes won't eat).  Work seems to be the only way to force a researcher to finish up a critical research though.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

giltirn

Lolwut? They get to goof off when they need to providing I don't have something else more pressing. If on (somewhat regular) occasion they have a mental break I either let them work it out and get that wonderful +20 catharsis bonus or I beat them unconscious. Don't really care either way. If they're not capable of figuring out that the survival of the colony is more important than their desire to cloud-watch then they get made into comfy hats.

Syrchalis

I think the only advantage of having fixed recreation times is that they do recreation together. If you don't have abrasive pawns they will talk a lot. But then again, talking might make them like each other more, that has no real effect though, neither on mood nor anything else.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Ser Kitteh

One hour before work (0600-0700) and maybe two hours after work (1900-2100) with periodic Anything in the afternoon.

Ra66itInc

Hey add a stealth system which manipulates a pawn's field of vision drastically, especially in dark areas. This is crucial in hunting, raiding, or using guerrilla tactics when being raided.

Thanks for listenening! ;)
Howdy! Care for a glass of go-juice?

I Am Testing This Game

No recreation scheduled, sleep reduced to 5 hours mandatory, they can sleep long as they wish.

I didn't have many problems with recreation in 1.0, except for the general problem with the game where they like to run off and start a task away from the base, then work on it for 5 seconds, then run back home to eat or play.

I would set the entire schedule to "anything", but having them start sleeping at the same time seems to reduce disturbed sleep

erdrik

My standard schedule is 3 hours of "anything" after getting up, followed by 1 hour of "recreation" before 8-10 hours of "work", followed by 2 hours of "anything" and finally another 1 hour of "recreation" before bed.

Though I wish there was a "anything except work" option.