What could be causing this?

Started by GRxGrizzly, July 16, 2018, 04:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRxGrizzly

I've been trying to get my old mod-list working again and my game keeps crashing or resetting back to default. I'm trying to get it to work, but I've never encountered this before. Can anyone help? I'm getting some weird stuff about Unity and Permissions. I'll include the log.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi,
"RimWorldWin.exe caused an Access Violation "
is mosttimes out of memory.
Take a look at the output_log.txt after a crash, then you could see it a bit more clear.

At the option you can disable that the modlist reset.
Maybe use Modswitch mod, that allow you to safe the modlist and restore it from it or restore it from a safegame.
Don't activate too many mod's at once.
At first needed libarys like hugslib,jecstools,alienframe.
Then Quality (of life) and tweak mod.
Then faction, weapon, armor or theme mods.

Maybe just active max. 5 mods at once, so you got a better overview if a mod cause error (Red text).
Then try to avoid these mod until you get an update or ask the mod author about these errors.

GRxGrizzly

That makes sense, thanks. Funny thing is, it never used to do this, nothing's changed on my PC.

Canute

Don't forget B18 Rimworld is still only 32 bit application, so it doesn't matter how much RAM your mashine got, Rimworld only use 3.2 GB of it.
Adding more and more mods, and/or playing on larger maps/world increase the need of memory so it can reach the limit very soon.