[1.0] Additional Tools Mod

Started by Survivalmaster, July 16, 2018, 06:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivalmaster

This mod adds new tools you can use to improve speeds and gathering ammonuts of resources with said tools.

I would just like to thank "someonesneaky" for making the AIOT mod, I gained my inspiration to create this mod andI used it to learn how defs were given to weapons to improve their abilities with jobs and for that I am greatful and this mod was created from the framework of that.

This mod gets away from having just 1 tool to rely on and, instead adds multiple tools and aids for your characters to get jobs done faster and more efficiently, of course you need to research them first, but once you have the first research, there is a special item used in order to speed up research in general.

Item List (16/07/2018;

Mining:
(1): Wooden Pickaxe (Regular)
(2): Steel Pickaxe (Advanced)

Plant Cutting:
(1): Machette (Regular)
(2): Chainsaw (Advanced)

Animal Gathering:
(1): Bucket (Regular)

Construction
(1): Hammer (Advanced)

Smoothing:
(1): JackHammer (Advanced)

Research
(1): Book (Regular)
(2): Tablet (Advanced)
(3): Laptop (Advanced)

Downloads:

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/03qi8opan6h9wnx/RM-AdditionalTools.zip?dl=0
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1443002973

manelmp66

Dropbox file, not exist.
Can you upload again?
Thanks

Survivalmaster

Quote from: manelmp66 on July 17, 2018, 06:44:14 AM
Dropbox file, not exist.
Can you upload again?
Thanks

Hey @Manelmp66, I've updated the link which now works, have fun!

spyderwebsc

When I downloaded the dropbox zip file it was only 22 bytes in size. Trying to extract the files gets a 'nothing to extract' message.

Canute

Yep, the zip file is completly empty.

Survivalmaster

Quote from: spyderwebsc on July 17, 2018, 10:02:09 AM
When I downloaded the dropbox zip file it was only 22 bytes in size. Trying to extract the files gets a 'nothing to extract' message.

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

Hiya guys, apologies for this, it has occurred to me I actually need to drag the files in for you to enjoy ::) I've re uploaded it and you should now be able to enjoy it, sorry again!  ;)

manelmp66

Quote from: Survivalmaster on July 17, 2018, 10:10:43 AM
Quote from: spyderwebsc on July 17, 2018, 10:02:09 AM

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

Hiya guys, apologies for this, it has occurred to me I actually need to drag the files in for you to enjoy ::) I've re uploaded it and you should now be able to enjoy it, sorry again!  ;)

Now is working.
Thanks alot @Survivalmaster Great job!

Dr Roach

Do tool efficiencies change with durability?

Survivalmaster

Quote from: Dr Roach on July 17, 2018, 01:50:08 PM
Do tool efficiencies change with durability?

Currently? No. It's something I shall definitely look into though.

doc776

Do the bonuses on the tools seem a bit much to you? Bought a steel pickaxe from a trader, gave the steel pickaxe to my neurotic friend and he dug the entire base layout in the mountain in one day.

Resurak

Quote from: doc776 on July 18, 2018, 09:36:36 AM
he dug the entire base layout in the mountain in one day.
Give that man a wife. He seems to have lots of energy.

Survivalmaster

Hiya guys; I've been working on the next update, taking into consideration the boosts and will be lowering them down. I've also got some new objects that will be added, and some may have changed in terms of there jobs! Hopefully shall be done and uploaded by the latest of tomorrow! :)

doc776

I found the simplicity of your mod really amazing especially with the changing dresser for weapons. So i gotta ask, hows the progress on the new version?

Survivalmaster

Hey!

Without leaking too much, the new update adds a workbench that collects the tools together, however I am toying with the idea of a proper tier system in line with both research and benches to go along with it.

Ruisuki