[1.3] Pawn Rules (v1.5.0): Disallow Foods, Relationships and More

Started by Jaxe, August 05, 2018, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xion1088

Sorry for double posting but I can't even start a new game with Pawn Rules being the only mod active...

Jaxe

Just to be clear, you were running 0.5 beta, then used remove mod then PawnRules_Removed save was auto created. Then you deleted the old beta mod folder and installed the new 1.0 version and loaded up the PawnRules_Removed save?

You could even try loading up a game without using "Remove Mod" and errors will come on the first launch but that should be it.  If you were prefer however you could send me a link to download your save and I can check/fix it for you.

Edit: On further inspection of your logs, I think you may have used "Remove Mod" after installing the 1.0 version, it should've be done on the old version. If that's the case just ignore the autocreated save and load up the one before. There will be errors but it should launch and after you save again it should be ok.

xion1088

Yes, I was using Beta 0.5, removed it, loaded up PawnRules_Removed, saved again over writing my original save, installed 1.0 and loaded my original save and didn't work and like I said in my second post, game wouldn't even start with Pawn Rules 1.0 being the only mod installed, it would crash in "Spawning Things" screen and would send me back to main menu.

Jaxe

If you can you send me your save, preferably the autocreated PawnRules_Removed file I'd be happy to fix it for you.

xion1088

I have a lot of mods installed, don't know if there's a problem with that but probably there will be errors, here's it anyways: https://ufile.io/y19pg

Jaxe

The file looks clear of the beta version, so if you try load that game with 1.0 and save it under a new name, it crashes when you reload? I tried loading that game with just a handful of your mods and even though it had errors from missing mods it still loaded and I was able to save and reload so I'm not sure what's happening. Make sure the old beta version was removed from your mods folder and not running and all other mods for your game are activated and try load the file you sent me. I hope it will sort itself out

xion1088

I can't even get to load the file to save it, it just crashes at "Spawning Things" and sends me back to main menu.

Edit: Please watch this video so you can see than even when starting a new game with Pawn Rules being the only mod active the game doesn't load and sends me back to desktop.

https://streamable.com/oie1h

Jaxe

Oh derp! Totally my fault I forgot to upload the Defs folder. Adding it to new version now..

Sorry to everyone who downloaded without the Defs folder, please redownload from https://github.com/Jaxe-Dev/PawnRules/releases/latest

And especially sorry to Xion I assumed you had something wrong on your end when it was completely my error. That's why it was working for me and I couldn't figure it out.

xion1088

Quote from: Jaxe on August 21, 2018, 12:10:13 AM
Oh derp! Totally my fault I forgot to upload the Defs folder. Adding it to new version now..

Sorry to everyone who downloaded without the Defs folder, please redownload from https://github.com/Jaxe-Dev/PawnRules/releases/latest

And especially sorry to Xion I assumed you had something wrong on your end when I totally forgot to include the defs folder. That's why it was working on my end and I couldn't figure it out.

Nah man thanks to you I can finally play again, I guess when you used my saved you saw that a chicken explosion was about to happen and they would have eaten the Devilstrand and the growing Hay, seems like 1.0 forced them to eat the already harvested hay, with beta 0.5 they were still going after the plants and not the hay, thanks a lot again!  ;D ;D

Jaxe

Glad to hear it's working for you now, quite a relief as one of the features of this mod was "non-savegame breaking" :)

Your video did make me notice that "no faction" error message which can seem to occur when starting a new game after quitting to menu on an old game. It doesn't seem to cause any problems and still start and I'm not even sure it's related to this mod but I'll check it out. Best of luck with your game

Jaxe

Mini update, released 1.0.1:
- Fixed the NullReferenceException when attempting to bond with an animal before any rules have been set

xion1088

Jaxe can you give a look to the differences between Hay grass and Hay, my chickens are still eating all the hay grass that is growing and sometimes ignore all the already harvested hay.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot I had some new chicks than didn't have any rule so they were the ones eating the Haygrass, all good here.

Dango

Jaxe maybe you should add rules to something similar to beer.
My animal often drinks it.

Jaxe

Quote from: Dango on August 24, 2018, 12:02:32 PM
Jaxe maybe you should add rules to something similar to beer.
My animal often drinks it.

I didn't put any checks on alcohol and other drugs as there was already a policy for colonists and I wasn't really expecting animals to go for them unless starved. Do your animals just go for the beer even if they have other food available? Sounds like a job for AAA (Alcoholic Animals Anonymous).

I have released version 1.0.2 which supports nutritional drugs (Beer and Ambrosia) to be disallowed like other foods. I'm not particularly satisfied with this approach however as it might make handling addicts too easy but until some feedback on that front I'll leave it in.

Jaxe

Version 1.0.2
- Nutritional drugs (Beer and Ambrosia) can now be disallowed in Food Restriction Presets

Link to latest release