Bills ignoring limits

Started by Eldarin1, August 20, 2018, 11:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldarin1

So, I set up the stove with cooking limits. The stove will show the bills as suspended, but the cook keeps churning out the meals. The meals show up in storage, and the cook is not "forced" to cook. Anyone else seen this lately?

RawCode

try without mods.

if happen in vanilla, post savegame into bug subforum, developers will fix issue.

Eldarin1

No mods. I know, unheard of. But, since I'm trying the unstable build, I have made no effort to load any mods. I thought if anyone else had seen this then I'm not crazy, and if no one has seen this then I'll bother the devs in the bug section. Seemed reasonable to ask the community first...

Elendil

The cook will only consider meals that are stockpiled in stockpiles or in shelves. If the meal are for example being dropped on the floor because the stockpile is full, he will keep making them.

5thHorseman

I've many times seen the cook cook one extra meal. I think it's when it's set to drop and he drops it, checks what to do next, sees "meals - 1" as the amount because that meal hasn't been counted yet, and then cooks it. I've never seen the cook continue past that point.

I'd like to see this save as well.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Eldarin1

i'm not sure how to make the save small enough to post. any thoughts??

Canute

A regular archiv tool like Zip,rar or 7z should do it.
Alternativ you can use a free hosting service to upload it there, set it to public if needed and post the link here.

BlackSmokeDMax

Or to expand on Canute's post, if you have dropbox, mega, icloud, etc. (basically any cloud service), place it there and then generate a link to share it (usually via right click menu)

5thHorseman

Quote from: Eldarin1 on August 21, 2018, 09:38:31 AM
i'm not sure how to make the save small enough to post. any thoughts??
Post it somewhere other than the forums, like Dropbox or Google Drive.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

MegaDeth

With or without mods, my cooks ignore the limits even if the produce lands instantly in a stockpile by drawing one under in the kitchen and having the cook "drop on floor".

This is because the colony stocks are not instantly updated. So even though the colony has 76/75 lavish meals, the cook will start a new batch unless i delay him about one in game hour.

It happens with absolutely anything that has a "build until you have X" component set up in the bill.