[MOD] (Alpha 5) Mechanical Defense v0.3.5 --FIXED (by Haplo)

Started by mipen, June 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfgangPolska

I've found Potato Launcher research. I'vedone It but I can't find my new potato weapon :P
It is turret, or just gun?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

mipen

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on July 02, 2014, 05:54:47 AM
I've found Potato Launcher research. I'vedone It but I can't find my new potato weapon :P
It is turret, or just gun?
Unfortunately that hasn't been put in yet D: I'm sorry =[ it'll be coming in the next update though, along with completely revamped droids and other things.

Quote from: Exampl3 on July 01, 2014, 03:04:26 PM
Nice to see that you take advice. :) Got a little problem: first the household droids hauled and cleaned but later they did nothing.
Yeah, everything I did for the droids in this version was slightly proof of concept. The next update will be an overhaul on how they work. They should function a lot better! :D What did you think of the names?

WolfgangPolska

V3cta

Quote from: mipen on July 02, 2014, 07:56:41 AM

Yeah, everything I did for the droids in this version was slightly proof of concept. The next update will be an overhaul on how they work. They should function a lot better! :D What did you think of the names?

The names? There are cool. But when they have a long name you can't see them so good in the work menu. And love to hear that. :)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Veldrain

I just can't like this mod.  I have been looking for another turret package and hoped this one would work.

After trying it on a new colony it has a few issues that I do not like.

1.  The crafting is a little bloated.  Cutting out 2-3 items would still make the process an effort without being overburdening.

2.  You just have to much going into one turret for the UI.  The energy turret requires five different items.  I can only see three of them before the get blended below the text.  I had to make one of each item then watch my colonist to see what he dragging to the turret.  It might just be my resolution, but you have posted none of this information anywhere I could find it of looking through code.

3.  Similar to above, when you add a large number of new items we have to have a way to match icons to items.  The icons in the crafting menu don't always match up easily with the inventory shown on screen.

An explanation in your opening post or even better, a readme file where I could find this information would have made this a good mod.

mipen

Quote from: Veldrain on July 02, 2014, 07:34:39 PM
I just can't like this mod.  I have been looking for another turret package and hoped this one would work.

1.  The crafting is a little bloated.  Cutting out 2-3 items would still make the process an effort without being overburdening.

2.  You just have to much going into one turret for the UI.  The energy turret requires five different items.  I can only see three of them before the get blended below the text.  I had to make one of each item then watch my colonist to see what he dragging to the turret.  It might just be my resolution, but you have posted none of this information anywhere I could find it of looking through code.

3.  Similar to above, when you add a large number of new items we have to have a way to match icons to items.  The icons in the crafting menu don't always match up easily with the inventory shown on screen.

An explanation in your opening post or even better, a readme file where I could find this information would have made this a good mod.

Hi Veldrain, thanks for your feedback! I agree with you about the crafting, there are too many different things going on without any support for easily looking up what is needed where. I'm going to cut a few parts out to simplify it. My original thinking in having so many parts was that it would balance out the added power of the new turrets, but it just makes it all too cumbersome. I'll also work on making the item icons match up a bit easier, make them more recognisable. And I'm glad you mentioned the readme thing, I was thinking of doing it but not sure if it was needed. I'll try put the information in the research descriptions, and if that doesn't work out well I'll make a readme file on how to do everything. Thanks for your post, and if there was anything else you had issues with don't hesitate to let me know =]

indixavior

Yea it would help if there is more of a readme file or just a detailed explanation on your first post. btw how do you get sand? I've made sand quarries but none of my people can or will work on them.

Veldrain

Quote from: indixavior on July 03, 2014, 01:39:22 AM
Yea it would help if there is more of a readme file or just a detailed explanation on your first post. btw how do you get sand? I've made sand quarries but none of my people can or will work on them.

Once you build the quarry you have to set as a mine order.

Veldrain

Quote from: mipen on July 03, 2014, 12:43:52 AM
Quote from: Veldrain on July 02, 2014, 07:34:39 PM

Hi Veldrain, thanks for your feedback! I agree with you about the crafting, there are too many different things going on without any support for easily looking up what is needed where. I'm going to cut a few parts out to simplify it. My original thinking in having so many parts was that it would balance out the added power of the new turrets, but it just makes it all too cumbersome. I'll also work on making the item icons match up a bit easier, make them more recognisable. And I'm glad you mentioned the readme thing, I was thinking of doing it but not sure if it was needed. I'll try put the information in the research descriptions, and if that doesn't work out well I'll make a readme file on how to do everything. Thanks for your post, and if there was anything else you had issues with don't hesitate to let me know =]

I'll keep watching this mod then.

indixavior

I have some people signed to mining yet no1 touches them except when building it. I can build the sand quarry yet i cannot prioritize/right-click some1 to work on it too.

mipen

Quote from: indixavior on July 03, 2014, 02:48:48 AM
I have some people signed to mining yet no1 touches them except when building it. I can build the sand quarry yet i cannot prioritize/right-click some1 to work on it too.
Have you gone in to orders and ordered them to mine with the mine order tool? The sand quarry basically acts just like the metal rocks found when mining

WolfgangPolska

For me crafting is too complex. All these parts just serve for nothing. :C

mipen

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on July 03, 2014, 07:17:16 AM
For me crafting is too complex. All these parts just serve for nothing. :C
I have updated the crafting to be a lot simpler, with fewer different parts. Also there is now a readme to help

V3cta

Like the new changes! But don't have time now to test the mod. Will write about it when I am at home.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

WolfgangPolska