[MOD/FRAMEWORK] (Alpha 5) Base Mod v1.0

Started by ItchyFlea, July 04, 2014, 06:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TenSaidYes

I'm sad to see that this idea has reached the end of its road, because for me it was definitely one of the more exciting things to happen to Rimworld recently. I've already gone back to playing without it, just because I know that soon enough it'll be too outdated for use with any of more recent mods to come after... but it just doesn't feel the same.

My game has lost something very tangible... and I keep thinking 'maybe I'll just go back to older versions of things' to get that feeling back.

It certainly wasn't perfect, given that it split mods into 'mods built to be compatible with Base Mod' and 'mods not compatible with anything using Base Mod'... but it was definitely more enjoyable than what I'm experiencing now without it.

P_anders

hi guys

uhm, just one, maybe stupid question:
what exactly can i do with the ores, my crew is mining? the copper, the iron and the coal?

i have noticed, that for some buildings i need steel ... and i have noticed for crafting steel i need to put metal and coal ( i guess?) in the furnace. that confused me a little bit, because i thought, i can smelt iron and coal for steel ... or iron and copper for making steel.
i not figured out, what i can do with the copper, the iron and the coal, except for selling it to a ore trader vessel

ItchyFlea

Quote from: P_anders on July 29, 2014, 05:46:59 PM
hi guys

uhm, just one, maybe stupid question:
what exactly can i do with the ores, my crew is mining? the copper, the iron and the coal?

i have noticed, that for some buildings i need steel ... and i have noticed for crafting steel i need to put metal and coal ( i guess?) in the furnace. that confused me a little bit, because i thought, i can smelt iron and coal for steel ... or iron and copper for making steel.
i not figured out, what i can do with the copper, the iron and the coal, except for selling it to a ore trader vessel
By itself this mod is pointless. I made it with the intention that other modders would also use it as a way of providing compatibility for otherwise incompatible mods.
It you're running this by itself, or running it with other mods that don't use it, then the excess ore is completely useless, and the only use for it is to sell it to the ore trader.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

P_anders

Quote from: ItchyFlea on July 29, 2014, 07:40:40 PM

I made it with the intention that other modders would also use it as a way of providing compatibility for otherwise incompatible mods.

yeah i know this. pretty bad that this won't work. the idea was awesome to create a foundation for all the other mods.
i'll keep the base mod, because some other mods will not work with out it. i know, if i turn the base mod down, some other mods will not work, and i dn't want to wait again until the people here will help me wil the problems ^^

well ... thanks for the info