You shall not Speed up!

Started by Quappsalver, September 13, 2018, 07:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quappsalver

Hey and hello survivors!
I played recently along with a friend and I recognized something  strange. If i press 3 or 4 (Dev Mode) to speed up i get only x2 Speed. There is a difference between 1 and 2. But no difference between 2,3,4. So an hour ingame takes ~40 real live secs and a game day takes me around 20-25 min If I Play for example with Speed 3 (What's suposed to be fast...)
My friend is able to speed up my game in His pc if he loads my save.
So is it a problem with my settings? Is x5 Speed or Dev Speed disable for some  (bad) PCs or did I do something really stupid somewhere???
Any helping ideas to Speed my game up are  appreciated  :-)

edit: I tried to fix this with the repair game button from steam and i also tried to speed up with mods. It didnt worked. But since it is such a stange problem I have no clue what the issue could be...
I get the small sound from the game when i switch speed, and it shows the grey square behind the speed it is supposed to be on, the game is just not speeding up higher then x2 speed...
I go on dev speed 4 sometimes and go out to make me a coffe to make time pass... ???

Has anyone an idea to cure my coffe obsession?
Many thanks!

Canute

Hi,
since you said you play at Dev mode, i think no error (red line) ever shown at the log.
And since your friend can speed up with your colony there shouldn't be any problem with the savegame.

You can try to delete the complete config folder and maybe other folders at the same area beside Saves.
I am unsure about the repair. If you played the unstable version before there might be some files remain in the installation, but then you should have some error's on startup.

Quappsalver

Thank you so much! I uninstalled the game and installed it again and did not think about the config at all... I played without mods and even if i activated dev mode to see if I can make it work i dont use it. Like 2 years ago, last time I played I used some mods, but they where all disabled. So it just needed you showing up to say "delete the config" to make me happy  :) So many thanks! My live can go on (quicker) now ;)