[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on December 03, 2018, 03:14:39 AMBut VG got one, since you are doing a modcheck for VG anyway (i think) you can patch that recipe too. And VG got Silage, a vegan animal food like kibble which use hay too.

Honestly, VGP is a mod in which I have very little interest; I don't use it, and pay attention to it only inasmuch as I occasionally have to patch "Fertile Fields" to fix a new incompatibility that VGP created.

That said, if you can tell me in which of VGP's "pieces" the recipes in question are found, I can throw in patches to fix them to work with plant scraps.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Vegetable Garden Project
/Vegetable Garden/Defs/RecipeDefs/Recipes_Butcher.xml

all recipes there use Hay.

Thanks for your work.

dburgdorf

I updated most of my mods today with minor revisions to the XML patches to improve efficiency. A few of the mods also have more noteworthy changes:

Archipelagos:

- Fixed an error created by the fact that "Infectious Creatures" redefines cobras in a way that made the mod think they were mod-added rather than vanilla creatures.

Etched Stone Walls:

- Removed patch previously required for smoothing NPS's basalt.

Fertile Fields:

- Plant scraps can now be used in silage and bulk kibble recipes added by "Vegetable Garden," if that mod is in use.

Fishing:

- Fish meat from this mod can once again be used to make sushi items from "Vegetable Garden," if that mod is installed.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Dr_Zhivago

Apologies for the insufficient report on Steam. It's actually yet another conflict with VGP Vegetable Garden. Requires all three mods: "SeedsPlease!", "VGP Vegetable Garden", and "Wild Cultivation". The error is that there are two Agave plant seed Defs and two agave plant seed extraction Defs (for the seed processing table). One seed Def is being injected by mod "SeedsPlease!" one Def being injected by RWC.

defNames located in:
"Defs\PlantsNewCultivated_RWC" and "Defs\PlantsRecipes_RWC" for RWC
"Defs_OnDemand\VGPVegetableGarden\Items_Seeds_VegetableGarden" and "Defs_OnDemand\VGPVegetableGarden\Recipes_Plants_VegetableGarden" for SeedsPlease!

defNames involved are:
"SeedAgave"(SeedsPlease.SeedDef) and "ExtractSeedAgave"(RecipeDef) from RWC
"Seed_Agave"(SeedsPlease.SeedDef) and "ExtractSeed_Agave"(RecipeDef) from SeedsPlease!

In-game debug inspector showing seeds

Thanks for the work ya do.

dburgdorf

Wild Cultivation has been updated:

- Changed the defNames for agave seeds and for the agave seed extraction recipe to match those from "Vegetable Garden," to prevent duplication if both mods are in use alongside "Seeds Please!" (This will, unfortunately, produce errors the first time a game is loaded in which any of the original version of this mod's agave seeds exist.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Realistic Planets has been updated:

- Revised acacia tree stats to match those of acacia trees in "Vegetable Garden." The trees have different defNames, so you may still end up with both versions of acacia on a map if you're using both mods, but the only difference now is visual; in terms of wood yield, etc., they are identical.

- Fixed an error created by the fact that "Infectious Creatures" redefines cobras in a way that made the mod think they were mod-added rather than vanilla creatures.

- Rewrote XML patches to improve load efficiency slightly.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Thanks for all the work ! :-)
I got an idea.
I recently notice i got enough fertilizer and manpower to keep up the soil at the growing zone, so i wanted to increase the fertility of some existing growing zones.
My standard behavior at this case would be to stop the growing, wait until anything is harvested.
Then place the better soil on it and enable growing.

The idea is now, to give growing zone a soil quality selector.
When the pawn want to grow stuff on a tile below that quality he will mark that tile be be updated, like when he harvest it before.

N0xiety

Wild vegetation still grows on Fertile Fields tilled land. I was building a graze area and noticed this. Makes sense if they grow on rich soil as otherwise it would break the game but tilled land should be clear of unnecessary vegetation and shouldn't allow growth of wild vegetation or you can practically make ridiculous looking tilled graze areas. And also tested that the %180 fertility really does speed up the wild vegetation growth time.

Ofc, nature can overtake anything given time. Even cleared tilled land is no exception to this. Possible solutions could be that the tilled land can degrade overtime on its own to rich soil or wild vegetation spread is slowed down to a crawl for tilled land if not completely stopped. This can also make fields that you don't tend anymore and just left in the wild for a long time to completely degrade. Like in a year or two.

Honestly i have no idea about farming. Just giving you some ideas. Just thought my tilled graze area looked quite silly after i have gone through with it.

dburgdorf

Quote from: N0xiety on December 07, 2018, 07:43:03 AMWild vegetation still grows on Fertile Fields tilled land.

As "Fertile Fields" does not, in any way at all, alter wild plant growth, I'd have been very surprised if someone had reported that wild plants *didn't* spread to unused tilled soil. But if you're tilling soil then not growing anything on it, well, that's on you.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

N0xiety

Eh, if it isn't too hard to code it in, could it be possible to atleast make it so the plowed land degrade to rich soil over time if left unattended? Like if wild plants grow on the tile? It could be that the plowed land turn back to rich soil the moment the wild plant spawns or the moment it dies and despawns. If it can be made so the tile changes when the wild plant dies, there can be plenty of time for the player to clear the wild growth and reclaim the field that has been left unattended. No idea how hard it would be to code such an option or if it would impact any performance so it is up to you, tho it would be nice if the land fixed itself if i abandon a field or if i couldn't use the field for some reason and nature reclaims it in time.

Canute

When your pawn's clear the wild plant's to grow new stuff there is allready the degrade chance.
Same when animals eat the wild plants.
Not sure when the plant's die from age, but at nature the remain's of the plant fert. the soil again.
So i don't think an auto. degrade over time is needed.

And why the soil should degrade when

N0xiety

it isn't the soil that should degrade, it is the plowed land. So plowed land should degrade, which would become rich soil. It is for nature to be able to fix itself if you leave a field unattended for too long. Wild plants like grass generally have about 3 days of growth and about 10 to 20 days something lifespan. Not sure on the exact lifespan but i'm pretty sure all plants die from what i have observed. Wouldn't it make sense if you left your field unattended too long, nature reclaims plowed land, it would become unplowed? It would probably take more than an ingame year for that to happen as wild plants would have to spawn on every tile and then die for them to revert back to rich soil.

Ofc, in real life there is wind, rain, animals and other elements that effect the rate at which a field would degrade, but since it would be hard to have all those simulated, i thought that the plowed land degradation would be easier to simulate if the tile a wild plant dies just reverts to rich soil if it was on plowed land. This would give the player time to clear the wild growth if the player for some reason couldn't sow the land for a long time enough for nature to claim it. If not, well, nature should be able to destroy a field if you abandon it right? Revert the land back to what it was. Or it could also be the moment a wild plant spawns on the tile if that is easier to mod.

NoCanDo

Any way to make Rim Disorders not make my fps go to 1fps when pawns have panic attacks? I mean I already turned of OCD because it's bugged. For panic attacks there's no option, so I guess I have to turn off Rim Disorders entirely? But I don't wanna...

dburgdorf

Quote from: NoCanDo on December 08, 2018, 05:44:42 AMDo you think [having AI factions build a base on your map] is possible with the current modding system in place?

I don't think it's possible, period. It has nothing to do with the modding system, but with the game's AI. To have an AI faction settle on your map and build a base from scratch, over time, would essentially require that the AI be able to actually *play* the game, the code for which simply doesn't exist.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?