Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• October 20, 2019, 04:05:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RimWorld Inconsistencies  (Read 3295 times)

Yoshida Keiji

• Colonist
  • I'm a Lost Tribe - Vanilla exclusive player.
    • View Profile
    • Cycling Ninja
RimWorld Inconsistencies
« on: October 17, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »

You plant cotton and with "Carpet making" you can lay carpets in 5 colors: Red, Green, Blue, Cream and Dark. However, when you tailor clothing with cotton... apparels can only be made...cream color...

What happened with the dyes used to color the carpets?

5thHorseman

• Colonist
  • 500 hours - it's been a good run.
    • View Profile
    • HMV Plays on YouTube!
Re: RimWorld Inconsistencies
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:34:31 PM »

If fully grown corn gets too cold, it is destroyed by the temperature. Unless you pick it. Then it lasts forever because it's frozen.

Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Shurp

• Planetologist
  • Edgelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:37:28 PM »

^--- LOL

I also wonder how anyone cooks anything with frozen eggs.  I can't imagine they're edible after they're defrosted.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Dark_Inquisitor

• Drifter
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:53:28 PM »

Well, I always liked how RimWorld colonists store things - neat storages with 1 square meter cells, even for literally one pill or other small item.
Also, most of them are kind-of magicians too; i mean, can you hide ALL of your hair under hats too?

AileTheAlien

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:01:03 PM »

Serenity

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 08:12:36 PM »

Also, most of them are kind-of magicians too; i mean, can you hide ALL of your hair under hats too?
There is a cool mod that allows you to show hair with hats:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180826364

[email protected]

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 01:40:50 AM »

I like how infinite chemreactor plus chemfuel powered generator combo defies Energy Conservation Law, one of the most fundamental laws of Universe. Infinite chemreactor requires 300 watt to produce 75 fuels in 10 days from air which is 40 watt-days per fuel unit. And chemfuel powered generator takes 30 units of fuel to produce 1000 watt during 6.7 days which is 223 watt-days per fuel unit. Isn't it wonderful?! You can place one next to another and always have 700W of free power and spare 30 units of fuel every 10 days. These all just come from air! It's unnatural but I think this is how the game should really be.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 03:23:58 AM by [email protected] »

ruckenhof

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 03:27:28 AM »

I believe Infinite chemreactor is supposed to be "magical". Sorta like Vanometric power cell, which does the same thing in a more straightforward fashion - here's your 1000W of energy from nowhere.

PatrykSzczescie

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 06:25:37 AM »

When a family member is attacking us during raid, it's a great chance of killing the member during fight, assuring a morale loss for colonists affected by their killed family member. But they fight as normally.

TheMeInTeam

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »

I like how infinite chemreactor plus chemfuel powered generator combo defies Energy Conservation Law, one of the most fundamental laws of Universe. Infinite chemreactor requires 300 watt to produce 75 fuels in 10 days from air which is 40 watt-days per fuel unit. And chemfuel powered generator takes 30 units of fuel to produce 1000 watt during 6.7 days which is 223 watt-days per fuel unit. Isn't it wonderful?! You can place one next to another and always have 700W of free power and spare 30 units of fuel every 10 days. These all just come from air! It's unnatural but I think this is how the game should really be.

Hans Lemurson was already breaking thermodynamics over a year ago with trees + fueled generator math.

Yoshida Keiji

• Colonist
  • I'm a Lost Tribe - Vanilla exclusive player.
    • View Profile
    • Cycling Ninja
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 07:30:37 AM »

* Mortars: require shells to fire.

* Turrets: require "steel" rearming.

* Firearms: ...on the other hand...have infinite ammunitions.

Bozobub

• Colonist
  • Demon Lord of Clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 09:23:03 PM »

Hans Lemurson was already breaking thermodynamics over a year ago with trees + fueled generator math.
Ha!  I remember that thread.  It was a very interesting deconstruction of game mechanics; Hans is very good at that.
Thanks, belgord!

walleras

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »

I am hungry, oh look, the freezer is on fire, let me go there and not the kitchen where there is also food.-Soon to be dead

Daimonin

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »

I am hungry, oh look, the freezer is on fire, let me go there and not the kitchen where there is also food.-Soon to be dead

Even better: I'm hungry. Like really really hungry. Good thing I got to the kitchen, and found a fine meal I'm in the process of ea... On second thought, let me just go into a mental break coma due to hunger.

5thHorseman

• Colonist
  • 500 hours - it's been a good run.
    • View Profile
    • HMV Plays on YouTube!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »

Even better: I'm hungry. Like really really hungry. Good thing I got to the kitchen, and found a fine meal I'm in the process of ea... On second thought, let me just go into a mental break coma due to hunger.

Or my personal favorite: I'm getting kinda peckish but there are no prepared meals. Let me go into the kitchen, grab some raw meat from the stack right next to the stove, and carry it to the table to eat. Not, you know, cook it or anything.

Though, none of these are inconsistencies, merely boneheaded moves by pawns.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:03:05 PM by 5thHorseman »
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.
Pages: [1] 2