RimWorld Inconsistencies

Started by Yoshida Keiji, October 17, 2018, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

You plant cotton and with "Carpet making" you can lay carpets in 5 colors: Red, Green, Blue, Cream and Dark. However, when you tailor clothing with cotton... apparels can only be made...cream color...

What happened with the dyes used to color the carpets?

5thHorseman

If fully grown corn gets too cold, it is destroyed by the temperature. Unless you pick it. Then it lasts forever because it's frozen.

Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Shurp

^--- LOL

I also wonder how anyone cooks anything with frozen eggs.  I can't imagine they're edible after they're defrosted.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Dark_Inquisitor

Well, I always liked how RimWorld colonists store things - neat storages with 1 square meter cells, even for literally one pill or other small item.
Also, most of them are kind-of magicians too; i mean, can you hide ALL of your hair under hats too?

Serenity

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on October 17, 2018, 06:53:28 PM
Also, most of them are kind-of magicians too; i mean, can you hide ALL of your hair under hats too?
There is a cool mod that allows you to show hair with hats:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180826364

B@R5uk

I like how infinite chemreactor plus chemfuel powered generator combo defies Energy Conservation Law, one of the most fundamental laws of Universe. Infinite chemreactor requires 300 watt to produce 75 fuels in 10 days from air which is 40 watt-days per fuel unit. And chemfuel powered generator takes 30 units of fuel to produce 1000 watt during 6.7 days which is 223 watt-days per fuel unit. Isn't it wonderful?! You can place one next to another and always have 700W of free power and spare 30 units of fuel every 10 days. These all just come from air! It's unnatural but I think this is how the game should really be.

ruckenhof

I believe Infinite chemreactor is supposed to be "magical". Sorta like Vanometric power cell, which does the same thing in a more straightforward fashion - here's your 1000W of energy from nowhere.

PatrykSzczescie

When a family member is attacking us during raid, it's a great chance of killing the member during fight, assuring a morale loss for colonists affected by their killed family member. But they fight as normally.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: B@R5uk on October 18, 2018, 01:40:50 AM
I like how infinite chemreactor plus chemfuel powered generator combo defies Energy Conservation Law, one of the most fundamental laws of Universe. Infinite chemreactor requires 300 watt to produce 75 fuels in 10 days from air which is 40 watt-days per fuel unit. And chemfuel powered generator takes 30 units of fuel to produce 1000 watt during 6.7 days which is 223 watt-days per fuel unit. Isn't it wonderful?! You can place one next to another and always have 700W of free power and spare 30 units of fuel every 10 days. These all just come from air! It's unnatural but I think this is how the game should really be.

Hans Lemurson was already breaking thermodynamics over a year ago with trees + fueled generator math.

Yoshida Keiji

* Mortars: require shells to fire.

* Turrets: require "steel" rearming.

* Firearms: ...on the other hand...have infinite ammunitions.

Bozobub

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on October 18, 2018, 04:35:53 PMHans Lemurson was already breaking thermodynamics over a year ago with trees + fueled generator math.
Ha!  I remember that thread.  It was a very interesting deconstruction of game mechanics; Hans is very good at that.
Thanks, belgord!

walleras

I am hungry, oh look, the freezer is on fire, let me go there and not the kitchen where there is also food.-Soon to be dead

Daimonin

Quote from: walleras on November 09, 2018, 11:25:05 AM
I am hungry, oh look, the freezer is on fire, let me go there and not the kitchen where there is also food.-Soon to be dead

Even better: I'm hungry. Like really really hungry. Good thing I got to the kitchen, and found a fine meal I'm in the process of ea... On second thought, let me just go into a mental break coma due to hunger.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Daimonin on November 10, 2018, 02:47:22 PM
Quote from: walleras on November 09, 2018, 11:25:05 AM

Even better: I'm hungry. Like really really hungry. Good thing I got to the kitchen, and found a fine meal I'm in the process of ea... On second thought, let me just go into a mental break coma due to hunger.

Or my personal favorite: I'm getting kinda peckish but there are no prepared meals. Let me go into the kitchen, grab some raw meat from the stack right next to the stove, and carry it to the table to eat. Not, you know, cook it or anything.

Though, none of these are inconsistencies, merely boneheaded moves by pawns.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.