Neat ideas for new runs.... (New Colonys)

Started by viperwasp, October 28, 2018, 12:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

Well I have reached end game with my first 1.0 colony and mod pack I setup. I'm still going to play this colony a lot. Putting in over 100 more hours into this game. It's end game but the fun has just started!

I would describe my current RUN as heavily modded... One Base, no caravaning or traveling, nearly 30 colonists... playing the good guys for the most part... building one pretty epic base. On a 325 x 325 map that goes from 14C in the winter to about 60C in summer. It was fun. And is still ongoing. And by the way I do use the cool Starwars mod in this colony but not the fractions just the powers and light saber. So it does not feel like Starwars etc.

Here are future ideas? And please suggest others if you can think of any...

1. Build a base full on horrible people and do horrible stuff... cannibalism.... human leather sofas etc! Organ harvesting (Not original enough but still something I have not done yet.)

2. Do a Call of cathulu game. (I don't know much about that mod no spoilers but at some point I want to do a cultist game etc.)

1 + 2 combined... A cannibalism call of cathulu playing the bad guys etc! Doing horrible stuff...

3. Using animals for offensive/defense combat... Animal tribe etc... I will put in mods that add in more animals... Maybe the genetic mixing mod... And Animal Intelligence or whatever the mod is that lets me change animal behavior etc. And I can also use Scenario Editor... I will purposely make it more easy to have plenty of animals. So start with stronger tammers... start with decent animals... and tune the game so animals are stronger etc...

4. Coldest and Hottest known seed run... trying to survive on coldest and or hottest seed. Probably fully vanilla! But few quality of life mods are okay. Even if I do it fully modded it's still challenging and fun. I have done this before but not in a while and never fully vanilla. And the seeds have gotten more intense!

5. Passive Run? I wonder what would happen if I somehow forced all pawns to be unable to violence? Wait is that possible with Scenario Editor? Come back to this idea later.

6. Okay this is the one I'm thinking of the most...
Roaming Sith Lords that murder... Prepare Carefully and start with 5-10 Sith with Force Powers, Lightsabers and perhaps the other Starwards mods. All they do is travel and kill. They don't stay in one place for long. Meaning I need strong animals for hauling stuff all around. Starting pawns need to be really overpowered. High Taming, High Medical and High many other things set to HIGH! Also given hand picked perks. Because it will be almost none stop caravan. I wonder if there is a vehicles mod. Because I would love to travel around with like a landcraft full of evil murderous siths. And I use Dev console to add the Sith traits to anyone who I manage to recruit and keep spare light sabers and gear to give them. I think there is a setup camp mod but I don't know how it works. But yeah I want to see how possible a baseless or minimal base run is! lol

7. Zombies!!!! I already did a zombie run in A17. It's okay but I probably won't do it next.

8. Hardest possible Mod setup... Besides quality of life mods. All mods that change game aspects MUST make the game harder overall. So the mod Intense Raid... Perhaps the mod that adds the need for WATER... mods that add in stronger animals to face... perhaps more annoying story tellers... more events!... and many others... Also must be played on highest difficulty. I will hunt for mods that make the game harder. Now technically these mods could make some aspects easier but if it adds to the overall challenge than by all means I will probably use it.

9. Dwarf/Lord of the Rings mod set game. (It looks awesome!)

So if you have any new ideas or Feedback/Mods that could make any of these planned runs more fun. Let me know!
Also let me know if you have tried any of these.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Canute

1. Basicly nothing change, except when none of your colonist got a cannibal trait.
2. I can suggest that, higher difficult from the horrors, but increased benefits from deities.

4. that is a challenge, special when only light modded.

5. Nearly impossible, even when you hide in a mountain base, and seal your entrances with tripple walls. Some insects come through the ground.
Depend how passive you want be, when you still want build turrets and traps, you can position pawn behind turrets to repair them.

6. Star Wars Force and Rim of Magic made it mosttimes easier for you, since you benefit from the new abilities more then the AI would use them.
But both are worth for an own playthrough.
And Rim of Magic got my favoured transpot method, a magical transport pod. You can gather your attack force at the moring, assault the Bandit camp, and be back for diner at the same day.

7. Definitiv a thread, but be aware that you will get rarely visitor/caravan you know stupid AI get killed by zombies and their chief blame you.

9. Yes special with the Third age mod, which restrict the research. Works well together with Rim of Magic.

I got a fixed modset of QoL mods together with Extended Storage/RimFridge.
Then i enhance a gamethrough with special theme/race mods. Since some race are very unique you will have a different playstyle.
Try the robots from Android Tiers
Or the Lighter then Fast races.

Over the Scenario editor you can add repeating incidents like daily meteor strikes or raids.

b0rsuk

Instead of cranking the map size way up like most player seem to do... crank it all the way down. Yes, play on smallest possible map. And I mean colony location, not world map.

Now that finally Food Restrictions have made it into the game, you can play the following without frustration:
- No Growing scenario. You start with a few cows and chickens in a biome with winter. You are only ever allowed to plant haygrass (You are, because otherwise you'd be unable to store animal food for winter). a.k.a. Masaai Mode.

I've launched ships in a No Mining playthrough and a Melee Only playthrough. Melee Only is interesting, rules are:
- you are only allowed to use EMP grenades out of all ranged weapons.

Scavenger

For animals, I'm using animalcollabproj for variety, alpha animals, the chtulhu set with monsters and cults, and especially arachnophobia. The strong creatures in alpha animals helps keep arachnophobia in check as well as add interesting utility. They are.. Mostly balanced lol. Some areas still under work for alpha animals and arachnophobia has some issues but is still great.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

viperwasp

A lot of neat feedback, suggestions and new ideas to try. Thanks I have a feeling I will be playing Rimworld on and off for years to come. And that's even if the game gets no more official content updates. The slim chance it does I may be at this forever.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

5thHorseman

100% planet, nomadic tribe yourself to the spaceship.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

kclace

-A cotton farm governed by a strict social hiearchy.

-Cocaine drug lords in a tropical swamp.

-Desert mining colony.

cyberian

Quote from: Scavenger on October 28, 2018, 04:56:59 PM
For animals, I'm using animalcollabproj for variety, alpha animals, the chtulhu set with monsters and cults, and especially arachnophobia. The strong creatures in alpha animals helps keep arachnophobia in check as well as add interesting utility. They are.. Mostly balanced lol. Some areas still under work for alpha animals and arachnophobia has some issues but is still great.
Agree have Animal collab and Alpha animals and it really was great fun. Giddy up too the Pawns riding looks cute.
The Tetrapod things from alpha animals are insane they have like 200% armor sharp and blunt can almost only be killed by fire.

Do the Cthulhu mods have any issues I wanna try them next run? What issues does Arachnophobia have that you mentioned?

Scavenger

Arachnophobia just got a huge update! A lot of unique changes, including a unique new Venom I helped the main Dev create! The spiders are damn strong now and cool. They even wrap up pray and drag it back to the nest.

I am using cults, the Storyteller, the monster one, and the books and Furniture one. So far it is rather entertaining! But Arachnophobia is my favorite modern of all-time potentially. It's like playing in a horror movie :P
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Listen1

Well, I will be making a Jungle Tribal Brawler-only gameplay after my river colony gets done.

The point of this jungle-colony is to tame alot of cobras, breed them and use them to defend against attacks/attack outposts. Traps and armor will also be helpful in the run and I will also limit myself to use no eletricity and only wooden walls.