[1.3] RPG Style Inventory [V4.3.1] (15/05/2022) | UI mod

Started by Sandy, November 06, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mosart

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on March 08, 2019, 05:37:17 PM
Quote from: Mosart on March 08, 2019, 12:51:51 PM
I really like this idea. But seems mod not working at me :(

That's not a very useful comment to make. If you want help you need to describe your issue and provide an error log. If you have HugsLib, simply press CTRL + F12 in-game and paste the link. If HugsLib doesn't work, press Ctrl + F12 + Alt at the same time and paste it into https://pastebin.com/
Seems the problem was that I wrong unpacked the Mod. For now I fxed itand see that it's really more comfortable to use RPG-like inventory wiev.

CaptainWaifu

Hiya, I've recently installed the following race mod with your mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47195.0

At first it didn't load in the clothing it adds properly. After placing this mod above the ratkin mod it did work, but not all the clothing shows, might be on their end.

Falcio

Hi! Love your mod, but I seem to have a little problem.

For some reason, it doesn't work with some races. I have Orassans, Astoriels, Twi'leks and Zabraks. Works with the elves and the kittens, but not with Twi'leks and Zabraks, I don't really have an idea why either.

Canute

Maybe you should point the mod author of that races about the problem.
I bet these races arn't proper updated to the latest Rimworld version.

Sandy

Quote from: CaptainWaifu on March 11, 2019, 01:46:46 AM
Hiya, I've recently installed the following race mod with your mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47195.0

At first it didn't load in the clothing it adds properly. After placing this mod above the ratkin mod it did work, but not all the clothing shows, might be on their end.
Hi, sorry for very late reply. my mod should be compatible with other races. if it isnt, one possibility is the bodyparts group of the alien races may have some changes. i cant fix that one.. sorry..

Quote from: Falcio on April 19, 2019, 03:49:23 PM

For some reason, it doesn't work with some races. I have Orassans, Astoriels, Twi'leks and Zabraks. Works with the elves and the kittens, but not with Twi'leks and Zabraks, I don't really have an idea why either.
thats strange, bcoz i used both Twi'leks and Zabraks races while checking compatibility for my mod with alien races.. and they worked well..
Maybe, like Canute said, those mods arent fully updated to 1.0 yet..

Also, i'm working on a new update.. i'll add dual wield support and also, instead of replacing the vanilla gear tab, i'll add a separate tab for RPG view, so my mod will be compatible with other mods that alter vanilla gear tab, like CE's Loadout button and Smart Medicine's Stock-Up button.. will probably release it by weekend.. Thx..

account13123

Found a little misbehavior caused by another mod. With Fahrenheit and Celsius installed, temperature readouts are changed to show both scales: -40C[-40F]. RPGSI doesn't anticipate people changing the temperature text, so it only has room to display the minimum. Screenshot attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Sandy

Quote from: account13123 on May 24, 2019, 08:29:01 AM
Found a little misbehavior caused by another mod. With Fahrenheit and Celsius installed, temperature readouts are changed to show both scales: -40C[-40F]. RPGSI doesn't anticipate people changing the temperature text, so it only has room to display the minimum. Screenshot attached.
Sorry about that, seems there's not enough space to display it fully.. but hopefully, by today's end, i'll release the next update, which will kinda fix it.. i plan to add a new gear tab, instead of overriding the vanilla tab..

yithend21

I made a fork compatible with combat extended. If you give me permission I could upload it until an official patch is out, or I can make a pull request and merge the patch.
https://github.com/YCLiang95/RPG-Style-Inventory-CE-Ducttape-Fix

Sandy

Quote from: yithend21 on July 05, 2019, 12:59:53 AM
I made a fork compatible with combat extended. If you give me permission I could upload it until an official patch is out, or I can make a pull request and merge the patch.
https://github.com/YCLiang95/RPG-Style-Inventory-CE-Ducttape-Fix

Thanks very much for your help. i'm not that used to GitHub yet. i always only updated the download link in Releases, but the master section is outdated, so merging wont work. i was planning to release the mod with dual wield support, but if u can pm me the files, i'll add them to the update and credit u.
BTW, my mod wasnt compatible with CE mainly for the CE's Loadout feature in the Gear tab. Did u fix that too?

Sandy

Finally, i was able to update the mod with support for Dual Wield and Simple Slavery mods.
I have updated the first post and the Github and Dropbox links.
Thanks for using my mod.

yithend21

I am new to modding and haven't figure out a way to do this without adding CE as a hard dependency.I will send you the source code and detail what I changed.

The loadout feature was working for me without needing any patch, the main feature that was missing was the bulk and mass bar and RMB menu that allow equipping weapon/apparel from inventory.

Sandy

Quote from: yithend21 on July 08, 2019, 11:05:47 PM
I am new to modding and haven't figure out a way to do this without adding CE as a hard dependency.I will send you the source code and detail what I changed.

The loadout feature was working for me without needing any patch, the main feature that was missing was the bulk and mass bar and RMB menu that allow equipping weapon/apparel from inventory.
Thanks. hard dependency is not a problem. i'll make two DLLs, so one will work without CE, and the other will depend on CE. Patching properly, half the work will be done i think.

Falcio

Quote from: Sandy on May 15, 2019, 01:33:42 PM
Quote from: Falcio on April 19, 2019, 03:49:23 PM

thats strange, bcoz i used both Twi'leks and Zabraks races while checking compatibility for my mod with alien races.. and they worked well..
Maybe, like Canute said, those mods arent fully updated to 1.0 yet..

Hi! Back again. I just recently found out the cause for the problem I reported a coouple of months ago, or at least I think. The broken races  seem to have something wrong with the pawn tabs, with the Social and Gear tab having their slots swapped (Social appears where Gear is supposed to be and viceversa). I bet that's where the problem lies; but just as you said, the Twi'Leks and Zabraks are both 1.0 ready but still aren't working. Maybe I just have some legacy version (if anyone knows a way to swap the tabs positions, give me a shout).
Hopefully that information will help you develop the mod. Thank you! ^^

Canute

You NEED to report that to the Race author(s).
He made races they arn't 100% compactible like the other races, he need to fix that.

Falcio

Quote from: Canute on July 13, 2019, 04:09:28 AM
You NEED to report that to the Race author(s).
He made races they arn't 100% compactible like the other races, he need to fix that.
I will, though I'm still curious to how the author got  the mod to work on Twi'leks, since the very same thing would also fix Zabraks...