Most of the mods i have installed seems not to be working

Started by Purefreeman, November 12, 2018, 03:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purefreeman

I just want the various mods to work appropriately to enrich my the game, most of them are active but ingame they do not work such as the guest bed not being available also the Simple sidearms seem to also not be working. These are the two i have noticed as far. But i am sure majority of them are not working due to confliction with other mods. I'm aware this is a lot to ask for as i do have large amount of mods
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/bfac6e9653baf4bb6ea4114a89216107

Canute

Hi,
at first you know you only should use mod's that made for your rimworld version and not for B16 or B19 ?
Mod 1440880973 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>1.0.2059</targetVersion>

Mod 750111404 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>1.0.2059</targetVersion>

So you should throw out these at first !

- You use some of Vegetable Garden additional mods, but you don't use Vegetable garden itself, but it is needed for these.

- Similar to Humanoid Alien Races, you should put them above the race you want to use.
I suggest the modload
Core
Mod Manager
Hugslib
Jecstools
Humanoid Alien Races

- Guest bed, Hospital got proper installed/initialized does regular beds/sleeping spot don't the button to turn them into Guest beds ?

- Simple side arms, not sure what cause these errors, maybe you should open/find the Config folder, go one step higher and you will see a hugslib folder, delete it, maybe that fix it.

QuoteReached max messages limit. Stopping logging to avoid spam.
Maybe there are additional errors, but because of the missing VG main mod the log was full of these errors.
Try to fix the ones i notice, and report back if something is still wrong, with a new logfile.

Purefreeman

thank you so much, i did as you said in your reply i got less error this time https://git.io/fpOCC . There is purpose to be guest bed option but its still not showing, or the option to build one from furniture and the simple side arm is still not working after deleting the hugslib  folder

Canute

There shouldn't be any buildable guestbeds.
You build regular beds/spot, select a bed and there should be a button to turn them into guest beds.

You didn't delete the old mods.
1440880973 = B19 mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1440880973
750111404 = B16 mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750111404
Unsubscribe from them.
If you didn't subscribe them, check your mods folder if you got these there.

You didn't moved VGP Vegetable Garden before VGP Garden Canning.

Just a question behind, since i saw these number mods i though you are using steam workshop for your mods.
Is this correct or did you install them manualy ?

Purefreeman

alright sorted out those things you mentioned. I downloaded all of them through Steam workshop (subscribing) https://git.io/fp3V9

Canute

About the silver.
Did you read the complete grey msg. ? (need the silver near trade beacon)
For the most deal over the com console Your stuff need to be inside the trade beacon range.
For trade's with caravan's all the stuff on your map counts.

Basicly the log file looks much cleaner now.
XML error: Could not find parent node named "VG_CookingProductBase" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="VG_CookingProductBase"><defName>Rawsugarcane</defName><label>sugarcane</label><description>Harvested canes from the sugarcane plant.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Veg/sugarcane</texPath></graphicData><statBases><MarketValue>2.0</MarketValue></statBases><comps><li Class="CompProperties_Rottable"><daysToRotStart>60</daysToRotStart><rotDestroys>true</rotDestroys></li></comps></ThingDef>

XML error: Could not find parent node named "VG_PlantDef" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="VG_PlantDef"><defName>Plantsugarcane</defName><label>sugarcane plant</label><description>Cane plant refines into sugar.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Plants/sugarcanePlant</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><plant><harvestedThingDef>Rawsugarcane</harvestedThingDef><harvestYield>5</harvestYield><sowMinSkill>7</sowMinSkill><growDays>3.75</growDays><fertilitySensitivity>0.6</fertilitySensitivity><visualSizeRange><min>0.25</min><max>1.00</max></visualSizeRange></plant></ThingDef>

There was a update shortly from Vegetable garden and the author mention
QuoteBig update! Be careful updating your old saves. Backup you old saves before changing. Delete old mods don't overwrite.
So i think they are remains from the old version.
Not sure if unsubscribe/resubscribe would fix that.
But Vegetable main mod got the id 1185265132, you can delete these folder if you find it at Rimworld Mods.

But honestly i have no clue about the error with Simple side arms.
You got the modmanager, safe your current list, then remove all mods beside
ModManger, hugslib and Simplesidearms.
And check if these error still happen.

But beside that the modlist looks playable now.