Different Raider Objectives

Started by TehRegulator, November 24, 2018, 02:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TehRegulator

I have a suggestion for the raider AI. Perhaps adding some different objectives such as stealing resources, livestock, arms, or even people. An enemy Caravan passing nearby is another idea. Any thoughts?

pllovervoltage

But they do?? After a while raiding a notif will come up saying they'll take kidnap or steal what they can and leave.

Kirby23590

They already do steal and kidnap if you leave your most expensive stuff like resources and weapons and your downed colonists and steal or kidnap them, They just shoot livestock however.

I'm more happy to see enemy caravan passing by near your colony or in the world map in caravanin' trips.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

vzoxz0

He means that their objective shouldn't be murdering you, but obtaining your wealth when possible.

It would make sense, because then you could feasibly leave tribute to raiders and not involve yourself with being murdered, allowing a different playstyle -- except for where scythers are involved.

Kirby23590

Quote from: vzoxz0 on November 27, 2018, 03:09:46 AM
He means that their objective shouldn't be murdering you, but obtaining your wealth when possible.

It would make sense, because then you could feasibly leave tribute to raiders and not involve yourself with being murdered, allowing a different playstyle -- except for where scythers are involved.

True, but it turns out that i like shooting raiders, mechanoids not so much...

I rather leave alot of gold or silver in front the entrance and laugh when they say, you know what let's steal these stuff and take em' back home... While ignoring my snipers popping out...

Makes super sense for pirates but they are more focused in murdering your colony however...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.