[1.0]Slimes!

Started by Monti, December 04, 2018, 11:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monti

So first is introduction: Hello im Monti was playing rimworld for about year, yeah not so much but I like it and for some time already wanted to make a mod, well i decided to start with a race, big thx to Humanoid Alien Races Framework, im no programmer but I'm confident in my drawings. So far im at what you can say start, trying to make somehow working xml

If someone who have experience in moding or coding in general wants to help contact me in the discord Monti#9691

Down there is the list of features thats planned for this race:

Slime race

This will basically race of jello.

What I want to do (I don't know if its possible or not, just what I come up with): at first they will just be small blobs that can absorb almost everything

⦁   I want theirs HP to be theirs saturation or link hp to it, either way works, therefore they have way more saturation level, also they have low hunger rate ( but wounds increase it) they will need really, REALLY a lot of food to be fully "Full", but they can eat everything from steel to ai core ( they will provide different nutrients accordingly ) and will absorb some features from what they eat ( will talk about that later somewhere down there ) , they wont receive dmg as you know it, each time they take hit they will lose some of nutrients (well that's only if enemy wont smash somehow your core with lucky hit) and when they come under some threshold they will revert to their blob form and be useless and to revert it you will need to feed it till full again ( not until its just above threshold but Fully )

Theirs "body" will consist only from 3 things:

⦁   Outer jello ( it will be tough and highly morphable)
⦁   Inner jello ( soft substance where most of the nutrients are saved and act as a last layer of defense for "core" )
⦁   Core ( basically Brain of the slime, if you destroy it slime will revert to "primal" state )
As I said earlier they can absorb all thing including corpses of humans/aliens/animals and from this they will be able to transform ( wholly or partly TBD) in them (only organic things, at first ). And again as I said earlier at the start they are just blobs of staff, they don't have arms, legs nor anything in between, so they need something with those body parts to absorb, analyze and implement. Then as you continue to take more human or whatever shape you want you can start absorbing materials to take their ability/hardness/softness/temp resist you name it.

They CANT wear anything so they WILL need to rely on their morphosis, they can equip weapons tho, if only you took human/alien or whatever shape with "hands", if you took animal shape you will also gain their claws and so on, also in animal shape you will receive bonuses according to pawn skills (what skills TBD later)

They won't have gender cuz they can take pretty much any form, they will what you call divide, I want there to be separate button for when slime is ready to divide, after you push it, they will need double their hunger to divide and after that you will have new blob of slime ready to devour what you feed it.

About their tech, it will come later, I want to know what can be done of the above.

Current progress:

Basic sprites for the first stage (blob form): done
Starting faction and race xml: in progress 30-40% (<- maybe less cuz I still don't know how to implement more than half of the above)
More sprites: as i come up with them

PS: English isn't my native language so sorry for any mistakes

Thanks for your time!

Kramoliun

I Liked this concept, very cool adding a race that doesnt follow the humanoid parameters XD, anyway, i hope to see your work soon
Alea Jacta Est.

Canute

Very interesting idea, i will keep an eye on this progress.
I realy like unique playable races ! :-)

madmax3004

Hmm, could it be possible you were inspired by a certain recent anime?  ;)

Canute

No no, these hero slime is too powerful ! :-)