Craziest Most F**ked Up Things

Started by antibodee, December 23, 2018, 01:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antibodee

1.  Had a colony guarded by cocaine dogs.  Had a little medbay next to a bunch of cryobeds where dogs would be removed, administered a double dose of cocaine, and then sent upon my enemies. 

2.  Had a colonist who was badly damaged with artery blockage and a missing kidney.  I gutted a prisoner to repair him and it turns out, it was his son.  He didn't take the news well when he woke up.

3.  All prisoners immediately have their legs replaced with peg legs, and then the peg legs removed to keep them in bed.  They have to earn legs by joining the colony. 

I could go on and on...What are your stories?

Canute

Didn't you forget at 1.
All the dog's got a mental break and went berserk and attacked the colony instead of the enemies ! :-)

antibodee

I would hate that.  Having to beat my dogs would just be animal cruelty, and I don't get down like that.

Gadfly

I was once at an outpost.

It started with a little skirmish, when my rifleman killed one of them off and they started the attack. It did not take long before they started fleeing.

No message that we won, could not claim annything, must bugged?

Shot the door open, a guy was sleeping in there, we surrounded him and openend fire, I still wonder if he woke up.

Blue message appears.

Shurp

Quote from: antibodee on December 23, 2018, 01:05:53 PM
2.  Had a colonist who was badly damaged with artery blockage and a missing kidney.  I gutted a prisoner to repair him and it turns out, it was his son.  He didn't take the news well when he woke up.

LOL!  Damn that's pretty awful!

My most recent ridiculous event:

I rescued a captive held at an outpost.  Turns out he is an alcoholic, and his liver fails (50% - Cirhosis) almost immediately after I rescue him.  OK, I can deal with this, he's still almost a useful pawn.  I hang onto him for 30 or so days during which he alternates between locked in his room for psychotic breaks and released afterwards so long as Catharsis holds.  I look forward to him completing Withdrawl, and at 75% he's nearly there....

... and then he gets hit by the Plague, and my doctors can't save him thanks to his failed liver.  Gah, what a waste.  Thankfully none of the other pawns cared much since he was locked away most of the time.

Oh, one other amusing incident with him prior to this.  I saw the dreaded "Gives Up" mental break!  But since he was already barricaded in his cell he couldn't go anywhere.  So two days later he gave up on giving up and rejoined the colony :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Euzio

Not exactly the craziest but its definitely on the grounds of me having f**ked up.

Had a transport pod crash and a pawn inside who actually had terrific stats. The trouble was, she was almost on the other side of the map, with the only path to get to her on the other side of a marsh (I play with a mod that restricts movement on water) and it was winter (temps hitting over -20 in Boreal forest). She was also bleeding out fast. So I immediately had one of my pawns make the long trek over, created a temporary med bed next to her and treated her wounds. She was suffering from hypothermia by then. After stabilising her wounds, finally made the long trek back to stick her in the Prisoner room so I could proceed with the capture and recruit.

By time she got back though, she had already lost one toe to frostbite and most of her other limbs were frostbitten. But I figured I could save her still since she was already back in base. A couple of hours later though, I got a message saying she died. Was wondering how in the world she could have just keeled over when I looked into the prisoner room and realised I had forgotten to put the Heater back in there! (had taken it out to warm up my kitchen during the Fall) So basically I had locked her in a freezing prisoner room when she was already frostbitten and suffering from hypothermia.... Lost a potentially good pawn and gave my colony a negative mood debuff for the rest of the week...

Demoulius

Well for me the craziest point in my playthrough so far has probably has to be that 1 time that I got a pirates captured that I actually had no interest in converting to my colony. He had no real redeeming stats, had an addiction to chems and had the trait where he eats more.

Releasing him would save me from spending resources to feed him but would be useless with regards to reputation. As you cant gain any from it from pirates. So I decided to tear out a few of his organs in case I needed them, ending with the heart. One of my colonists needed a heart transplant due to an injury that would kill her over time and the prostetic one is less effecient then a normal one.

Ultimately I decided against going forward with the potentially life threatening chireorgy(sp) to replace that heart because I was afraid to lose the colonist and a -2% of effeciency wasent worth the risk in my opinion. So I killed the poor bastard for nothing. But hey, if I ever need those organs in the future I have them!  ::)

Inmagine this is pretty normal for most Rimworld players but I think this is the first time that I organ harvested someone without a real need for it and end up shelving all the organs  :-X

noname_hero

This story is about half fscked-up, half newbie player learning the game, but here goes:

My first new recruit was, big surprise here, borderline useful raider. Yes, she *was* contributing, but she had her faults too, so once I got a few other pawns, I banished her.

I'm not being that cruel, I said to myself. She's got a husband elsewhere, she came here wearing poor quality rags and carrying a spear while now she's wearing a full kit and toting a bolt-action, the weather is nice...

Skip a few years and get to one of the raids that use sappers. A third of my pawns is elsewhere, the raiders attack in two groups from the opposite sides of the map, the chaos is mounting. Then comes  *another* raid warning and I go like Cassandra, you've got to be kidding me, you're hitting my other colony at the same time? Are you trying to punish me for using two colonies to leapfrog towards the spaceship? Okay, two raids on two maps it is.

And suddenly Brittany, my first boomalope, the first animal I tamed, goes into a sad daze because Inga died? I know, Brittany was bonded to Inga, but I banished Inga like five years ago!

Yep, you guessed it, Inga was one of the raiders and I never even noticed I'm killing the first person who joined my colony before she was dead. So I shrugged my shoulders, took another look at her bio, and let my pawns cremate her. You tried to raid me twice, lady, I'm not savescumming this for you.

Kirby23590

How bout' my $%#@ed up one,

Had my Colonist's Sister died because she was coming from a Friendlies Event to Stop the Raiders, She died terribly because i had no control over her...

But i put her corpse in a Sarcophagi inside a freezer full of dead bodies, because i put her there so the doggies won't eat her since she was one of the relatives of my colonists...

Then i got a Mech Resurrector Serum with her Faction inside my base because i had Hospitality, So i revived her and brought her to jail because she also had good stats, but i made her faction that she belonged too pissed off and they started attacking my guys in the hotel i built for em'... So i murdered them all with my guards armed with shotguns and assault rifles...

Well it was f-upped but don't worry, i recruited her, and sent apology gift for the Faction the she used to belonged to... So all is fine... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

Wow, and I thought it was bad when tribes fight over the remains of their deceased ancestors... now you've gone and really ticked them off by resurrecting one of 'em and keeping her!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Shurp on January 21, 2019, 06:49:09 PM
Wow, and I thought it was bad when tribes fight over the remains of their deceased ancestors... now you've gone and really ticked them off by resurrecting one of 'em and keeping her!

Actually she wasn't from a Tribe, she was from a Outlander Union... Yeah i made her friends got real mad when they saw me revive her and put her in prison, and they tried to shoot my workers with their dinky pistols and revolvers, but they got the lead to the face from my heavily more armed soldiers...

Along with Funeral Letters and their weapons that they used (since it was low gear weapons) as a apology gift, and they did forgive that even though i made their corpses get eaten by huskies and a iguana... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Wetpig

So i was running a modded game and i used a custom scenario and started with 30 or so luciferium in case of a supreme emergency, naturally this emergency came and went and two of my colonists became addicted to the drug. I was also using a few mods that let me make luciferium through a complex process.

Now none of the people i had could research the luciferium tech to save there lives, but after we stopped a raid we captured a very clever man indeed, but, he did kill one our colonists during the raid. We captured him and begun trying to recruit him, he accepted fairly quickly, and after he accepted, his cell became his bedroom! His "bedroom" a 2x3 room with a sleeping spot and no lights (he was afraid of the dark) or furniture was right next to the research bench so it only seemed natural it should be where he sleeps.

His work schedule was a 20 hour day of research followed by 1 hour to eat and 3 to sleep, naturally he broke many times and each time i used my marksmen with his high powered railgun (mod) to shoot him down. The rail gun is good at shooting off limbs so by the 5th or 6th time he went berserk, he was missing an arm, 2 legs (one was now a peg) and his jaw as well as 1 kidney and lung, after every episode he would be put back on his normal regime of research till he broke again.

During raids we would also use this man as shielding by making him stand in the front of the other colonists to absorb bullets and one day we were about to get overwhelmed at our forward defense so i ordered a retreat back inside, however old pegleg simply wasnt fast enough this time and he was overwhelmed and clubbed to death by the raiders. We did get the research we needed though!

That is how his story ends.

The_Hat

A couple of betas ago, I organized a God mode style raid, just built a small gun complex with beds inside using dev tools because I wanted to blast an enemy base using few resources. Well, things are going our way until my sniper is hit in the head by an errant bullet, rendering him an idiot savante. Then it seems that I placed my mortars too close together; one lucky incoming shell lands on a mortar, and the resulting huge explosion downs three and blows my lead medic to pieces. She was literally vaporized, I didn't even realize she was gone for several seconds.

We somehow win that one. I order my men to round up six or seven downed raiders. We commit them to hospital beds, treat their wounds. Then I line up a firing squad and kill every single one of them. So great was the guilt from this war atrocity that one of my soldiers had a mental break while I was placing transport pods. We ended up having to leave him out there.

I was playing a round of a more recent version (no dev mode on this one). My base was already four or five years in...then we get a raid notification. Stupid tribals. I have these two lesbian characters that my story is based around. One of them is a top notch shooter, the other is my best medic...anyway, I sent a squadron out to face the tribals, who are easily routed. Except this one bowman lobs off the luckiest shot just before the raiders flee, the arrow hits my lesbian shooter in the face―my lesbian shooter who is wearing power armor―downs her, renders her an idiot savante, she dies before anyone can administer aid. The conniving shooter (the bastard) is one of the few raiders to escape the carnage.

A few days later, we're raided by a group from the same faction of tribals. And I notice the bastard who earlier killed my shooter is among them. We destroy them easily, and I manage to take the cheap bowman alive. Where I have the other lesbian (the medic) slice off his nose and both ears, cut out his eyes, remove all his appendages and basically hack out every organ that wasn't an immediate prerequisite for survival. Even his jaw. It is only after we release him to limp back to his tribe more dead than alive when I remember our medic has the "kind" trait, and has been pushed to the brink of a mental break from all the slicing she's been doing.

On another occasion, I had a prison break, a huge brawl, and like four dudes run out of my prison because I was ill-prepared to handle the breakout. About a year later, a crashed spacer event occurs, and wouldn't you know it, the same spacer who led the breakout is delivered back to my doorstep. He even had the same piece of wood that he had picked up still in his inventory. Oh, the delicious punishments I inflicted on him...I'd drive him to the brink of starvation before feeding him, again and again. Until I finally got bored and stopped feeding him.

More recently, I had a recovering addict who was jonesing out hard for his drugs up and leave us in the middle of winter. During a cold snap. Of course, his drug addiction was so bad that it took all night for him to limp to the edge of camp...then he abruptly starts suffering the affects of hypothermia and figures out that maybe his decision to quit wasn't done with a whole lot of forethought. It might have been the same winter that a visitor had a mental break after lying face down in the snow all night. He seemed determined to get at us, problem was he was suffering from severe hypothermia by then, and his frailty made him slower than an iceberg crossing the Atlantic.

Lastly, I had a group of traders departing my colony one time when a psychic wave drove all the raccoons in the region insane. There were only three raccoons to speak of, so the traders didn't have a whole lot of trouble. Except for this 92-year old dementia-ridden man who was also frail. A raccoon suffering from an advanced carcinoma managed to actually kill him with a single bite. I don't think I have ever laughed as hard at a Rimworld event.

Demoulius

Reading these stories my prisoner got the better part of the deal  ;D

piranha

Well, not really f*cked up, but it made me laugh:

Yesterday my base was attacked by a mad turtle. As is got into range, my advanced turret aimed and shot. Didn't thought that these turrets were that precise: it shot off the nose of that poor little turtle  :o