Game is melting because of 96 mods

Started by CucumberedPickle, January 13, 2019, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CucumberedPickle

I have installed 96 mods for Rimworld, wanted to test them out all at once on a new save, and it is unplayable. The attached photo is all of them.
As soon as I boot up the game with all mods loaded, the debug log spews out tons of messages that the last one says that it reached the message limit. That's a good start. I don't have that log saved, I'll post it later if required.
After creating the save and finally playing the game, the debug log opens up to greet me with tons of errors. And every second 4 more are generated. I copied the log after 10 minutes of gameplay, but to my luck it didn't copy and I can't paste it. But the errors aren't the only thing. The game is also completely screwed up.
SIDE EFFECTS:
No matter the restrictions or assignments, colonists won't do anything but wander around, eat, drink, sleep, and wander around some more. I can't prioritize them do work, as when I right-click on anything, the context menu doesn't show up.
A dalmatian from one of two dog mods is a pink box.
Some furniture from different mods are red boxes and an 'X' in the architect menu, and a pink box when trying to build it.
AREA RUGS KEEPS SPEWING OUT ERRORS

I didn't get screenshots or logs, as said earlier, if needed I'll post them.

One of the mods that seems to be the most broken is Area Rugs, but that can't be the only mod causing this, as furniture from different mods are broken, such as the crib from the Children mod and something from the Leadership mod or something like that. I didn't entirely believe that all 96 mods would work perfectly with no issues, but the game is unplayable considering that colonists won't do anything except basic survival stuff.

[attachment deleted due to age]
The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.

Canute

CucumberedPickle,
playing with mod is a bit tricky.
At first only use mod that are made for your release version. You are playing 1.0.(2096) i guess so you only should use mod made for 1.0.
Some mod made for B19 can work like Helptab (I suggest that mod when you are playing with new mod and don't know their recipes/items), but you never should use B18 or older mods.

On the activation of mods, you shouldn't activate them all at once. Do it at small batches and watch the log window after activation.
If you got red lines (errors) you better should deactivate the mod, look for updates or ask about it at the mod discussion/topic.
Any error you got at Rimworld startup increase the chance that your colony will get a critical error later and can't be played anymore.
I start normaly with libarary mods like hugslib,jecstools,Alienframework and a modmanager mod.
Then mod that are called Quality of life (QoL) mods  like Animal Tab or Pawnrules.
And at last mod's that add new stuff,weapon,appareal,faction to the game.

And you should try to avoid mod that are doing the same like Vegetable Garden/Fertile Field and Tilled soil. Vegetable garden allready got some soil enhancement methodes.
But such things you will notice during gameplay mosttimes.

So now good luck to rebuild your modlist, i know it is a pain to get a good working modlist with 50+ mods. But some people are playing with 200+ mods so head up ! :-)