A Chinese game just like Rimworld with some mods

Started by qilinreal, January 17, 2019, 01:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

If you watch the videos of that game, you can see that it's got a different UI and it uses animations for the colonists. That, plus the enormous amount of original artwork in the game, makes me think they didn't use Rimworld, and instead wrote their own engine.

Kirby23590

Even by looking at the Trailers, it seems that there's a Magic system as well, along with no modern guns and that it's in ancient china with mythical elements in it, along having original art and 3d animated colonists, they didn't use Rimworld but instead was inspired by it and along with other games...

As AileTheAlien is pointing out...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

noooooo

BasileusMaximos

I dunno, is Rimworld a copy of Dwarf Fortress? Is Call of Duty a copy of Medal of Honor?

If Rimworld's inspired enough people to make games with similar mechanics that just means that Rimworld spawned a brand new genre and we are all the better for it. Thanks for showing me this game; I'll be sure to watch if it gets localized despite all the people bitching about how its a ripoff of Rimworld when it isn't actually.

AileTheAlien

Quote from: BasileusMaximos on January 23, 2019, 01:00:24 PMif it gets localized
Or you could learn Chinese!

Quote from: BasileusMaximos on January 23, 2019, 01:00:24 PMdespite all the people bitching about how its a ripoff of Rimworld
I'd better call Merriam-Webster; A single person is now ALL THE PEOPLE. :O

Kirby23590

Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 25, 2019, 01:02:04 PM
Quote from: BasileusMaximos on January 23, 2019, 01:00:24 PMif it gets localized
Or you could learn Chinese!

Or a unofficial or official translation that changes all the text into English... :P

RawCode

Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 17, 2019, 09:34:15 PM
If you watch the videos of that game, you can see that it's got a different UI and it uses animations for the colonists. That, plus the enormous amount of original artwork in the game, makes me think they didn't use Rimworld, and instead wrote their own engine.

Rimworld do not feature "engine" and runs on unity, it's not possible to use rimworld engine, as it does not exists.

Kirby23590

Quote from: RawCode on January 27, 2019, 06:14:34 AM
Rimworld do not feature "engine" and runs on unity, it's not possible to use rimworld engine, as it does not exists.

It's totally fine to use the same engine as Rimworld's since "Unity" supports multiple games and were made with them like Ori in the Blind forest and Enter the Gungeon... What i meant was it didn't even use Rimworld's source code... That is what i was trying to say or otherwise an army of lawyers might appear and they might face legal action...

Which kinda happened with Fallout Shelter and that Westworld IOS game by WB which had the same bugs from FO Shelter in day 1 if i remember correctly.....

AileTheAlien

You could still mod Rimworld so that all of the art assets and menus looked different. At that point, it would be the new game's engine.

5thHorseman

Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 27, 2019, 08:42:21 AM
You could still mod Rimworld so that all of the art assets and menus looked different. At that point, it would be the new game's engine.
You could also mod Prison Architect to look like Rimworld and then sue Ludeon for copying them.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

Quote from: 5thHorseman on January 27, 2019, 10:21:46 AM
Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 27, 2019, 08:42:21 AM
You could also mod Prison Architect to look like Rimworld and then sue Ludeon for copying them.

Actually, They are going to sue the Modder who made the mod which stole the Rimworld Art Assets... Not the company that made the game...  :P

Fun Fact: Tynan Asked Permission from Prison Architect Devs to borrow some of the Prisoners Graphics for the Colonists and Raiders in the earliest days of rimworld namely A3 and A7 etc, Until he got an real artist that he hired for the human pawns...

BasileusMaximos

Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 25, 2019, 01:02:04 PM

Quote from: BasileusMaximos on January 23, 2019, 01:00:24 PMdespite all the people bitching about how its a ripoff of Rimworld
I'd better call Merriam-Webster; A single person is now ALL THE PEOPLE. :O

Look at the Steam page and see how its being given bad reviews because people thinks its a ripoff.

TheMeInTeam

The inspiration is obvious, infringement very much not.