Backstory/Trait adjustments

Started by Yoshida Keiji, February 04, 2019, 09:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Too smart: Intellectual skill level is zero and no passion. This one needs a buff. I know it's a trait with Global learning factor +75%, but is feels like the game design wasn't polished well enough.

Canute

Why do you assosiate "too smart" with "intellectuel" ?
He just learn faster, but since he don't got a passion at intellectuel he don't like math or science, he like to be horse wisperer since he got a passion at animal.

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: Canute on February 04, 2019, 10:05:36 AM
Why do you assosiate "too smart" with "intellectuel" ?
He just learn faster, but since he don't got a passion at intellectuel he don't like math or science, he like to be horse wisperer since he got a passion at animal.

Are you typing with bananas instead of a keyboard or i got Woooshed?
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

AileTheAlien

I feel like the real problem is the "intellectual" skill itself; It seems like a really bad abstraction. If a pawn has the ability to learn many different skills, either through the too-smart trait or through passions, that should increase their ability to improve the state of the art for those skills. If I was going to re-do research speed / skills, I'd have each technology list some skill(s) that help its research speed, and how much they help its speed. Sort of like how some stats are calculated with weights on other base-stats.

Kirby23590

What do you mean by Backstory?

This is mostly by Trait about the "Too Smart" which in my book is a mixed trait when a bring someone in my colony, but the learning speed is good enough...

Dax Sucks at social because she's a Mute *Insert Southpark Kenny Mmmpphhh* But she's a veterinarian so she's better at handling animals but sucks at combat making her a non-combatant... So skip her to die or heal her up to see if she will or join, or just harvest her organs instead...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.