Is a medival playthrough possible?

Started by BRAOUG, February 24, 2019, 10:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRAOUG

So basically I am doing a tribal run and was suprised about how fun it was playing without electricity. Does anyone have any experience with such a playstyle? Is it actually possible? Any things I should know?

BoogieMan

I plan to try something similar soon as well. There is a workshop mod called Medieval Times. Not sure how current it is, but maybe it would be a good addition at some point.

Canute

At last you need a mod that prevent high tech content.
Wouldn't made sense when you stay at medivial, which you get raided from stormtroopers ! :-)
Lord-of-the-Rims---The-Third-Age
https://github.com/Lord-of-the-Rims-DevTeam/Lord-of-the-Rims---The-Third-Age
It is more made for lord of the Rims collection but work fine with others too.

Limdood

Quote from: Canute on February 24, 2019, 01:49:59 PM
At last you need a mod that prevent high tech content.
Wouldn't made sense when you stay at medivial, which you get raided from stormtroopers ! :-)

I think that's part of the charm and challenge of the playthrough....how can you counteract higher tech using lower tech?

traps and low colony wealth/higher colony numbers should do quite a number on enemy raids.

Kirby23590

There is some mod called Medieval Times as BoogieMan is pointing out, but it's also here in Ludeon Forums as well...

Just to point that out,

Also if Guns and Robotic Mechanoids start showing up and when it starts to feel very off with elves and dwarves, there are mods that remove Guns and Mechanoids around in the Workshop in Steam... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

BRAOUG

I have downloaded mad goat's weapon pack. I belive that with more weapons it will be much more fun. I will consider using medival times. I personally don't have any experience with this mod, can someone write some up/down sides of using this mod? If medival times turns out to be a good mod I will drop the weapon pack as medival times adds more axes and other weapons :)

Do you know if Lord of the rims (the mod that restricts higher technological levels conflicts with medival times? Will do some testing myself :D

Edit: If medival times does not add rapiers I will have a mental break.

Test 1. My colonists came chrashing naked... with a revolver.
however when I try to spawn a revolver via dev mode it does not work. All non medival/tribal items and buildables appear to have been removed. Exept the some of the Items in the crash. Revolver, packaged survival meal, (not really sure about that one)  flak pants and plaststeel advanced helmet. will test some more. Also there are no rapiers REEEEEE

Wheatley

I use medieval times on every run and I love it. Tons of armour, weapons and new stuff to build. My only complaint is that some of the raids from the added faction can be a little harsh, especially when they fight to the last man. Although this could just be more about my play style than the mod

Kirby23590

Quote from: Wheatley on February 26, 2019, 07:07:34 AM
I use medieval times on every run and I love it. Tons of armour, weapons and new stuff to build. My only complaint is that some of the raids from the added faction can be a little harsh, especially when they fight to the last man. Although this could just be more about my play style than the mod

When you mean by Fighting to the last man... Do you mean by Not Fleeing until they all go down or Forlorn Hope?

BRAOUG

I have noticed something. In the description of the buildables in the mod some of the ''facts'' are still present. I don't think I should see that. will provide a screenshot.

Also I did NOT like lord of the rims the third age. It added iron and mithril and fucking eradicated steel from the map. I found another mod that restricts technological levels called Rimworld medival edition but it is sadly not 1.0 :( But fuck it with medival times I have like 10 factions or so. Most of them are medival. Also there now exist axes YAY!

EDIT: Iron not steel.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirby23590

Uhm... Steel is Vanilla Iron in unmodded Rimworld just to correct that, So Steel in LOTR isn't new... :P

KalkiKrosah

You can with a few mods. I made a whole scenario for it on the steam workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1597447224

Only 2 mods are required: Medieval Times and Tribal Raiders. Medieval Times adds Medieval stuff, Tribal Raiders removes all the "modern" factions with the Tribal Planet option.