Can't install sculptures and furniture

Started by Loutski, March 14, 2019, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loutski

I can't install any sculptures or any stored furniture. I can place them, but colonists won't actually perform the task. Attempting to prioritize doesn't work because nothing comes up when I right-click on the stored item.

1. Not sure of the circumstances that led to the bug. At one point I just noticed that furniture and sculptures from storage weren't being installed

2. At one point the install buildings function stopped working as described above.

3. I expected colonists assigned to construction to eventually pick up the stored furniture and install them at the highlighted location. I expected right-clicking on the stored furniture to bring up a menu that would either allow me to prioritize the work or tell me why it couldn't be prioritized (I.e., "can't prioritize because colonist isn't assigned to construction").

4. I don't know how to recreate the error. If I start a new colony, installing furniture works fine. Within my save game, try to re-install any furniture (I think I sold my sculptures, but if you make a new one you'll see you can't place it)

5. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GFjvBUEvSpW52Y23AyK7ycGKbkA2dHxO?usp=sharing

Canute

Hi,
anything worked fine at the safegame at my side, i could sculpt a small sculpture (McConnell is disabled from Art but got 2 unfinshed projects) and let it install it from Miu without problems.

So please if you still encounter that problem, a logfile could be helpful.
You can try out the solution for a common steam problem from last updates.
At your Rimworld installation, open Mods folder
Delete Core folder.
Then let steam repair/reinstall Rimworld.