[1.0] RWMS -- RimWorld ModSorter .. RimWorld mod sorter (Windows, Linux, OSX)

Started by shakeyourbunny, April 07, 2019, 07:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoidRose

Quote from: shakeyourbunny on August 07, 2019, 06:37:29 AM
Quote from: VoidRose on August 07, 2019, 01:08:38 AM
Did i set up the path right? I get this env: python3\r: No such file or directory when i try to run rwms_sort.py
Did you really get the \r in the error line?
Yes this happen.

[attachment deleted due to age]

shakeyourbunny

Please redownload the most current commit https://github.com/shakeyourbunny/RWMS/archive/master.zip

I fixed the line feeds in the script files (sigh Windows...), should work now.

Namuras

While i appreciate the effort put into this, it seems getting your script to run is a pita. I somehow cant get bs4 to install on my machine and therefor the script just shuts down.

edit: nvmd i had a bad case of stupid

Canute

Namuras,
when you use linux normaly you should be able to install python and all of the submodules like bs4 too.
And when you use window's why you don't use the window's executable instead ?

Namuras

Quote from: Canute on August 09, 2019, 02:56:44 AM
Namuras,
when you use linux normaly you should be able to install python and all of the submodules like bs4 too.
And when you use window's why you don't use the window's executable instead ?

see edit... i had a bad case of stupid. if i can't spellcheck...

rimmer21

After hours of tinkering, I finally got it to work, bless you. Is It compatible with the offline mod sorter (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49371.0)

shakeyourbunny

I don't want to be rude, but did you read the instructions? There is a whole section how to install the things on Linux, OSX and Windows manually.

If you want some automatism, there is a small companion script in the same directory, called "install_requirements" (.sh for Linux/OSX, .cmd for Windows) which will take care of the dependencies once you have Python up and running.

rimmer21

Quote from: shakeyourbunny on August 09, 2019, 04:26:49 AM
I don't want to be rude, but did you read the instructions? There is a whole section how to install the things on Linux, OSX and Windows manually.

If you want some automatism, there is a small companion script in the same directory, called "install_requirements" (.sh for Linux/OSX, .cmd for Windows) which will take care of the dependencies once you have Python up and running.

Yes the instructions helped a lot. It was my first time using the command scripts and GitHub and the pyinstaller wasn't installing correctly so after I installed it, all my configurations work. I didn't mean to come off as rude (my mistakes hindered me I guess), I love the tool! Any word on the compatability ?

Canute

Yeah,
thy python (windows) installer is a bit confusing. That happen to my first try too.
Forget enviroment variable to set.
That's why i recomment to use the executable file, when i recommend this tool to someone.

VoidRose

Can't get the .sh to work as it says i cant find the needed .txt

lbmaian

Are you talking about install_requirements.sh? It would help if you posted the full error.

VoidRose

lbmaian

The script has to be run from the install directory.

So cd into the install directory then run ./install_requirements.sh

shakeyourbunny

VoidRose

Quote from: lbmaian on August 14, 2019, 03:51:30 AM
The script has to be run from the install directory.

So cd into the install directory then run ./install_requirements.sh

I wish i knew what is cd?