FPS drops randomly but permanently, persists even on saves and reloads.

Started by Vitester, April 11, 2019, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitester

I haven't actually checked to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue but it has become a recent issue for me.

I've started to have issues where randomly in my games the whole thing would just slow down to about 2 FPS, but it would last permanently on that save.

I hadn't added any new mods since this had started happening and I don't think I had noticed an update to any of the mods I had been using. I also haven't found any source for this sudden drop as nothing seems to affect it directly (from what I can find). Checking task manager, I find that my CPU and RAM usage both stay relatively the same both when running and not running the world.

Was wondering if anyone else had experienced and/or fixed this issue and if potentially someone could tell me how to fix it myself?

Having opened development mode and seen the debug log it seemed to be repeating this line:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.StatWorker_MarketValue.CalculatedBaseMarketValue (Verse.BuildableDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I wouldn't know the first place to look for this file that it clearly can't find. Any ideas?

Canute

Hi,
nearly most people will encounter error's when they start to use mods.
Some error's just result at lower FPS (repeating error), other let rimworld autopause (critical error) or don't let you load your safegame anymore.

CalculatedBaseMarketValue or Calculated Base Market Value
try to calculate the marketvalue of an items , but the resources got missing or wrong entries.
You should check items about it maybe you can find it and the resources and know the mod which add these.
Then ask the mod author about an update or use the update when there is allready one out there.

And when you play with mods you allways should have developer mode on ! When Rimworld start before you load a safegame, there shouldn't be any red lines (errors) in the log window.
Each error increase the chance that you encounter later a critical error.

Hint for later: at the logwindow you maybe see a green button "Share logs" if you use hugslib mod. Use this if you want report error's in future.