Change game settings once it's started

Started by VincentJ, April 23, 2019, 05:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VincentJ

Hello

I started a game with "all no-players characters nude", instead of "all players characters nude", it was a mistake : instead of having to find clothes to my pawns at the beginning, every one that enters the map is nude.
I think I can change it with the developper mod, I have been looking for it, but don't know exactly where it is.

Please, any suggestion ?

Canute

Hi,
does that was a scenario setting ?
Then you need to edit the safegame with a texteditor.
Search for scenario and there for these entry, and delete it.
Backup your safegame, incase you delete the wrong one. :-)

Limdood

Quote from: VincentJ on April 23, 2019, 05:46:12 PM
Hello

I started a game with "all no-players characters nude", instead of "all players characters nude", it was a mistake : instead of having to find clothes to my pawns at the beginning, every one that enters the map is nude.
I think I can change it with the developper mod, I have been looking for it, but don't know exactly where it is.

Please, any suggestion ?
If i'm understanding the problem right...

go into dev mode, one of the options is "add trait" (you can use the search function) - and use that to add "nudist" to all your colonists.  It doesn't matter if they already have 3 traits, the game will still recognize more than 3.  Be warned I don't think there is a way to REMOVE traits.

VincentJ

No, Limdood, that's not what I meant, even if it's useful to know how the developper mod works. Canute was right, I need to change the scenario settings AFTER CREATING.

I found a steam conversation about that

It seems to work know. I just had to turn "nonplayer" in "playerstarter", in the safegame .rws edited with a texteditor, as you told me, Canute.
It was really easy to find inside the safegame. After the mods part, at the beginning.
Once again, you've been very helpful, thank you Canute.

Canute

Glad you found it ! :-)
But you just could delete the entry, since playerstarter only happen on a new colony and this event don't happen again :-)
But it is working so don't change anything (Old computer rule "Never change a running system") ! :-)