Game wont start up now, even in offline mode

Started by Todd, April 28, 2019, 02:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

So for some reason, of all things, even though I've literally done nothing to change the game itself like downloading more mods, the game now won't start up for no good reason even though it has been doing so perfectly for the past couple days with no issue. And now of course there's an issue, and I can't even start up the game in offline mode because it always has that "oops" message. The only progress I can get is restarting my computer and then loading up the game, which goes into the loading screen before crashing and giving the oops message again. Im honestly so tired of this game crashing on me and I don't know what else to literally do because like I said i literally have done nothing new to the game besides just playing recently and now it decides to act  up as if i downloaded a bunch of more mods or something when I didnt. 
The crash report folder was named "2019-04-28-105548" and I don't know where to find it either. But yeah, if anyone ANYONE knows some way just to make this game function and work and just start up without crashing that would be amazing. Thank you.

Canute

Hi,
before you start you maybe should post the logfile.
For windows look at the rimworld installation, the ....data folder, and inside the output_log.txt
When you press Reply you got the option to attach files to your answer.

Then you should open
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\
and delete the Config folder.
This would reset all settings and your modlist. I hope that would work for steam too, since i don't have any expierence with steam.

Start Rimworld and check if it would work with plain vanilla (mod-free).

If you still got cashes, delete (manual delete not uninstall) the rimworld installation.
i think somewhere at ...\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\
And let it repair/reinstall.

Todd

Okay, sorry I didn't know where to get the output_log. Here it is! I don't wanna delete anything or reset my mod list right now though because i feel like if I do I'll lose my games and all, which is what has happened before.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

0x00007FFF9891E515 (XSplitGameSource64) DX9_Release
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFF84D672FF)
0x00007FFF84D672FF (d3d9)
0x00007FFF9891E5DC (XSplitGameSource64) DX9_SCRelease

Look's like Rimworld or Unity don't like XSplit.

Todd

I have no idea what that is or how to fix it. ELI5?

Canute

XSplit is a video capturing software you got installed.
But since you don't even know about it, you might don't need it.
Uninstali it.
Test if Rimworld works now.
Update/reinstall DirectX and/or your video driver.

Todd

Yup! Got it working! Seems that XSplit was the problem. Thank you so much!