Your favourite colonists

Started by ParagonTerminus, July 20, 2014, 06:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpadarpa

Necro'ing this thread, just because I found it, and liked the idea of it. Also really enjoy all of the stories shared here previously, and etc.

But my favorite colonist I ever had was this guy, Axle, the assassin. He was basically the only useful person in his colony, with starting shooting and melee scores of 11 and 12 respectively, and decent construction, and crafting skills as well IIRC. Within the first week on the colony, he was set to be married, and then a month later, his wife died a tragic death, as I sent her to take out a cougar on her own.

But my favorite story of Axel came from the last time I played that save. Despite having cycled through many different colonists over the course of a year or two, Axle remained the only one with any sort of competent shooting skill. After a particularly nasty raid, we dropped to 4 colonists, one totally incapable of violence. Then 7 raiders showed up, 2 in personal shields, and the others armed decently as well. Axle took out 3 or 4 on his own with his survival rifle, before finally being dropped in a hail of gunfire. He was alive, but downed. Next to him, the pacifist laid dead, and one of Axle's fellow combatants laid downed as well. I decided all I could do was wait for an opening, rescue Axle, and sprint back inside with him, as my last colonist only had the starting knife as a weapon. But the pirates decided to kidnap Axle, and the other living colonist, and run. Only two pirates remained alive, and thus, were able to take one a piece.

However, one of them walked SUPER slow, as there were several bullets in his leg. Unfortunately, he grabbed the non-Axle colonist. But it was better than saving nobody. I sent my final colonist out to cut the slow pirate up as he fled, and was thankfully able to retrieve my other colonist. At that point, I had resigned to letting Axle be taken, as there was nothing I could do. They were already too far away.

Skip to a few minutes later. I patched up my colonist, and started repairing the damage that was done to the base. All of a sudden, I notice someone walking into my southern gates. As soon as I cut up the one pirate, I triggered the pirates to flee, causing them to drop Axle in the snow. He somehow got up, despite all the blood loss and trauma, and managed to make it all the way across my large map, and back into my base, before passing out within our heated, safe walls. He actually got proper medical treatment, survived, and my colony could have continued. Only reason I didn't was because I was still experimenting with mod loadouts at the time, and I simply found a loadout I liked better. Still have the save though. Might return to it at some point.
Shitposting to the max.

_-M-_

My Favorite was Elizabeth.
She was a very pretty colonists, but no one hit on her. Mostly because she was a ace shot, able to down anything with a few sniper rifle rounds. She had a very high handling skill too, and had like 3 dogs around her always. She was also very capable at doing anything id ask, and was my most valuable pawn. When one of her dogs died, it was a very sad day on the ranch...
One notable thing though. The Mausoleum that held my fallen colonists, she visited everyday in the morning.

Barazen

My favourite characters so far has been "doc" and "val".

Doc was a rich boy solo spawn and i played him as a doctor would rescue any and everyone. Over time the town grew and despite his abrasive nature everyone loved doc, who on more then one occasion (without my input mind you) rescued each one. They knew he was reliable, i knew he was reliable. After a full year ingame there was a horrible raid, a town of eight people vs a raider strike force, in the middle of an arid heatwave.

Only doc survived... my original colonist and my only survivor. I loved him, and despite his mood nestled on the absolute lowest point he never broke! No sad wanders, no beserks... nothing.
Then Valerie came, she wasnt good for much, refused to do almost anything, but she could do medicine. She just... up and joined. For a while she helped around, and eventually doc fell for her. The only light in a very dark place for him. Things went good for the next year, the town doubled from its previous size, with only three deaths, two to raids and one to old age.

But then val must have had enough, after a particularly rough few months of toxic fallput, blight and heatwaves she divorced him. Poor doc was crippled. It made my heart sink when it happened... but through it all he always thought good of her, though she resented him. (Checked their ibteractions for a while, doc never said anything mean, she just decided he was too disfigured. A couple of scars...)

Wheb she died to mechanoids he finally snapped and went beserk, killing the last of the machines and fibally succumbing to his wounds.

He lived and died an example to live by in my eyes. Sure he had his flaws (more then once his rather gruff bedside manner caused a patient who really should have known better to try and lay him flat...)
But he saved everyone, no one was ever captured. Escapees, crash survivors, innocents and guilty alike, healed and sent on their way.

Rip Doc, you will forever be remembered by me.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

ruddthree

My first successful colony, which was about a year ago back in A12, had a colonist named Duster. For some reason, after finding him, I've chosen him for nearly every single colony thereafter.

cmitc1

my favorite colonist came from my first successful colony, he was called lumpy.

he was often on the frond line when defending my colony, and played a part in construction. he could have been worked up to be a good doc, but I didn't push that due to other colonist. he was an optimist also, so that was nice.

Cypher_XIII

My favorite pawn right now is a guy called Niklas Fischer, bought him from a pirate trader because of his good shooting skill (13) and nicknamed him 'ghost'
I kinda like his appearance, he is up to something big I think... However, no heroic deeds so far...

b0rsuk

My current favorite colonist is nothing very fancy, but brightens my mood up every time I see her. She's a child spy who became a teacher. That teaching job must have been some kind of cover up, because she arrived with marginal Research skill (and no passion), 12 Shooting skill, and Bloodlust. I had a sniper rifle lying in my warehouse but no one skilled enough to make use of it. Now she carries it around and cackles madly after each headshot.

makkenhoff

I've had 4 favorites, myself. The following names earned a place, by randomly showing up and just making a great story or keeping a colony afloat.

Jaquard 'Jack' Valos (Bloodlust, Brawler, Green Thumb) Jack was just the best gardener ever. He'd go kill a manhunter with his gladius while out in the field, then go right back to planting. I had a lot of success with him in the colony, until he got malaria and died.

Emily 'Emmie' Young (Kind, Optimist, Nudist) As tragic as Emmie's backstory is, nothing ever seemed to keep her down. She endured all of her friends dying, her pet dying, made new friends, tamed new animals, watched them all die again. I had 3 near fatal colony implosions, but she always kept it going. Eventually, she did have a breakdown and decided to punch out the only guy in the colony with a longsword. She survived losing her leg, only to turn around and die from infection from a minor rat bite. Her defining trait? Pink hair.

Amelia 'Engie' Flais (Industrious, Trigger-happy, Ascetic) Not only was she the primary defender of the colony with her survival rifle, but she was the sole builder of bedrooms, she just didn't care what hers looked like, which was ironic because she made a lot of impressive bedrooms in her 2 years of surviving.

Gil 'Giggles' Durnin (Psychotic, Bloodlust, Very Neurotic) This colony was messed up. Giggles kept having breakdowns and killing the rest of the colonists. But, somehow despite it, Giggles kept the colony's one legged cannibal fed, for about a month, until finally picking on the remaining pet Rhino.

One thing I will say about Rimworld, the stories that get generated are almost always interesting, and sometimes I feel that "stopping" bad events from happening will ruin my enjoyment, even though I know my colony will be ruined.

Barazen

Makkenhoff, your emmie seems like mine, vatgrown sexslave yeah? She runs my farm too, recently adopted a 15yr old girl named misha. Quickly becoming my new favourite pawn.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

Belgord

+1 for emmie sex slave. She was a trooper. Carried on and didn't complain about her lot. Not particularly good at anything but tried to help everyone. I did enjoy giving her melee or pay and spray guns and watch as she took revenge of the slavers. Haven't seen her around lately.

AngleWyrm

We were tasked with setting up a medical research facility on one of the Rimworlds to study and fight a malaria pandemic, so I went shopping for a companion droid with some medical skills to attend to housework. Found a reconditioned brothel gofur bot that was remarkably fast and took her home.
She had a walking speed of over 8 c/s, fastest thing I had ever seen. So one day I asked her about what tech or upgrades gave her such a pace. She said it was part of her original equipment; she was a Scyther that had been found after a battle and re-purposed as a house mate.

Then one day a bulk goods trade freighter visited us and they had an ampule of Seraphim among their treasures...She eats a lot these days, but wowee I do like to watch her go :)
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Sola

A girl named Lanael.  Incapable of hauling, but a hard working jogger with a passion for mining.

She was really good at mining.  These rectangles are all like 7x19 or something.

Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Griffy

So i played though all the mass effect games so i named my colonists after characters in it so name my characters like Garrus, Shepard and Tali. I ship Garrus and Shepard in mass effect BUT WHEN I WAS PLAYING RIM WORLD IN ONE PLAY THOUGH THEY GOT MARRIED AND I SCREAMED

AngleWyrm

Latest edition to my favorite pawns collection: Ensign Dorean.
Starfleet sent an away team to visit our little cult, the Order of the Stick, local #342. We were skilled at avoiding Agency detection so these guys were easy; and we talked one of them into sticking around for a while: Ensign Dorean.

He agreed to stay on as an observer, and we had a meeting at the alter...
"Let's all welcome Ensign Dorean to our group. Dorean, we've got to get you through the formalities of inclusion, and since you're the most disposable of us at the moment I've got this here Igni pill for you to take. No one knows what it does yet. Step up to the plate and join us if you can. Or we'll just have to find another use for ya."

It was a rough ride, and for a while it looked like he might not make it, but he pulled through the worst and is currently sleeping off the effects of spending the day wandering around in a daze. So far the mutagen has given him two mutations; one put his metabolism in overdrive, heating him against cold temperatures and another gave him antigens against disease.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

kubolek01

Uhm a Zillioner family duo, Masters of Construction,only ones doing such task and Anton,Messenger being an animal handler alltime busy (well,40 animals to care for,lucky he was lv 20)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.