A question about outfits if I may

Started by Jovzin, May 25, 2019, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovzin

Hello guys,
New to Rimworld and love it.  Want to play it all day long...

I want to ask you a question:
1/ Outfits.  Is it possible to manage summer and winter and combat outfits via that outfit manager tool in game ? 
Like I made outfits from cloth for summer days and have another set of outfits for winter from alpaca wool.  And have another set for combat situations.  Is it possible to have my guys to set them to change to summer outfits in summer and winter outfits in winter ?   When I set it , will they go and dress to this other outfit ?  I have a bit of doubts bcs there is for now what I saw separation of outfits only via items.  So I am afraid they will not chance to the outfits I want them to change. So I do not know if there is some mod that i like doing a bit more deeper filter that dress this outfit made from cloth now.  I mean I am asking or searching for a mod that is filtering not via item but via material from which that dress is made ?

BlueTressym

A mod I'd recommend is 'Better Pawn Control', which lets you set and change policies, so with one click, you can change the current outfit assigned for ALL colonists.  it also works for zoning and animals.  Also, I use Kiame Vivacity's 'Change Dresser'.  It lets you assign custom outfits based around either combat or non-combat clothing and retain one or more specific clothing items, even when changing between combat and non-combat or other outfits. 

Demoulius

Personally dont use mods, but a quick fix would be to make summer and winter gear, with only the park (for example) difference. Not that hard to swap out the outfits tbh.

Canute

I think his problem for Jovzin is more the material of the outfits, and the vanilla policy don't recognize material.
And i am unsure if a mod recognize it either.
Outfitter would be the best solution, but there is no 1.0 version and i don't know if the B19 works well on 1.0

Jovzin

Hello guys,
Thanks for replies :)

@Canute : yeah you are right. I have whole cloth outfit for summer.  And whole alpaca wool outfit for winter. And was hoping if I can somehow force it via outfit manager based on material as you said :) 

But I tried that Change Dresser mod and create custom outfits for everybody. One for summer and one for winter and one for battle :)   It is working right now :)   

So thank you a lot for your help.

fritzgryphon

Quote from: Jovzin on May 26, 2019, 04:58:59 AM
I have whole cloth outfit for summer.  And whole alpaca wool outfit for winter.

Not related to your question, but I would point out that it's not necessary to swap out the shirt and pant materials by season.

An alpaca parka is totally adequate in winter, and any other coat (or nothing) is adequate in summer.  Pants, shirt, hat is not even required to stay within comfort limits.

Personally I just swap duster for parka in winter. 

edit:  except for aesthetics or ultra-cold biomes, which I can understand would be annoying.
edit2:  or use alpaca/muffalo/thrumbo dusters.  They are good all year round.

skullywag

The mod "material filter" can handle a whole outfit only being made of certain materials, it cannot do individual apparel filters but you can definitely say, only allow clothing made to be worn when made from these materials. Does that help?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1541305730
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?